Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any way to improve Virgin media WIFI connection with a router

• 18-02-2016 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Is there any way to improve Ireland Virgin media WIFI connection using an AC router to broadcast the WIFI?

Has any one tried?

Which router is recommendable?

Can I also use a bridge connection with Virgin modem TC7200?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

More importantly, can you use the search function? Or google?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cga

Why do you waste your time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Don't know that model, but as suggested I'd start with a search/Google. I've the older 3925 (I think) router and get the full 240mbps over wifi. Using apple time capsule (same as AirPort Extreme) with router in bridged mode, but any other good router should be able to give you similar/better results.

Just to add, the devices you're using need to have 802.11ac wifi as well. Eg Older model apple devices are not so you won't see much of an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

cga wrote: »
    Is there any way to improve Ireland Virgin media WIFI connection using an AC router to broadcast the WIFI?

Has any one tried?

Which router is recommendable?

Can I also use a bridge connection with Virgin modem TC7200?

There is a sticky thread in this forum on how to bridge the TC7200 (recommended model to get is the Archer C7 (v2), C8 or C9). The thread also shows how to connect the Archer to the TC7200 and use it without bridging (which I am doing at the moment, thanks to the thread. I want to take a half day to myself to try bridge it, looks a bit complicated to a simpleton like myself :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cga

Plascebo wrote: »
    There is a sticky thread in this forum on how to bridge the TC7200 (recommended model to get is the Archer C7 (v2), C8 or C9). The thread also shows how to connect the Archer to the TC7200 and use it without bridging (which I am doing at the moment, thanks to the thread. I want to take a half day to myself to try bridge it, looks a bit complicated to a simpleton like myself :) )

I found that post last night, must give it a try with the c9 router already ordered

I just wonder if the router Will give me better signal downstairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement