Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine Legends (Wrestling Documentary)

Options
  • 18-02-2016 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

This is made by the production team who made Bloodstained Memoirs (another wrestling documentary) in 2008. I really loved that with a passion so I was excited to check out Nine Legends, his latest offering out last night. Like Memoirs, it's only available via an online stream (I suspect DVD will come later, also as before).

On paper this had potential to be so much better than Memoirs. The biggest stars are bigger than anyone in Memoirs, such as these two legends...

Elsewhere the film is packed with amazing talent such as Dynamite Kid, Ted Dibiase and Jericho and RVD. Yet somehow I felt a large disconnect from Nine Legends.

Bloodstained Memoirs felt like you were watching something raw and unplugged. We were able to follow its progress through production and interact with the team making it by asking questions etc. I had personally looked at the screen stills for so long and read so much about it, I was genuinely excited to see it come to life.

Nine Legends surprisingly was just announced as available one day - out of the blue. No teasers, no write ups, nothing. I have no doubt they put a lot of effort into the project as it's extremely polished, but there just seemed something a little too commercial about it to me. I felt the interviews were safe, designed to get mainstream attention rather than please fans (they did get a degree of mainstream attention as a result).

In Memoirs we had discussions about getting stabbed, getting screwed, murders and a whole lot more. In Nine Legends we get relationship talk, charity talk and things of that nature. I still have zero clue why Randy Couture was in this also.

There are positives with this film: The Dynamite Kid interview is brilliant as is the Bret Hart one. Mike Tyson's chapter was also fun whilst it lasted. But I didn't get the same enjoyment out of this that I got from Bloodstained Memoirs in terms of a top to bottom film.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

No offence mate, but Bloodstained Memoirs was trash. I watched Nine Legends when it came out and it's actually very good. It just seems like you're upset you didn't feel a part of this because you couldn't post comments on Facebook photos to feel like you were a part of things :pac:

Advertisement