Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€4.58 ex vat Service charge on elderly parents account for a Cordless phone rental ?

Options
  • 18-02-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    I am in the process of checking my parents bills to ensure they are not being ripped off and have noticed a lovely charge of around €5.57 each month for god knows how many years for a Cordless Phone Rental ? Now imagine my surprise seeing as I bought them the Cordless phone in the house a few months ago that you are charging them rental for a cordless phone ? They didn't have a cordless phone prior to me getting them one.
    Can you assist ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hey there,
    I am in the process of checking my parents bills to ensure they are not being ripped off and have noticed a lovely charge of around €5.57 each month for god knows how many years for a Cordless Phone Rental ? Now imagine my surprise seeing as I bought them the Cordless phone in the house a few months ago that you are charging them rental for a cordless phone ? They didn't have a cordless phone prior to me getting them one.
    Can you assist ?
    Thanks
    Hi muppetkiller

If you would like to PM me the eir account number I will look in to this in further detail for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hey there,
    Can you assist ?
    Thanks
    Hi muppetkiller

If you would like to PM me the eir account number I will look in to this in further detail for you

Thanks
    Al
    I've sent you that information Alan.

Hey there,
    Can you assist ?
    Thanks
    Hi muppetkiller

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks muppetkiller - I'll get back to you later today

Cheers
    Al

Hey there,
    Can you assist ?
    Thanks
    Hi muppetkiller

Thanks
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    Still nothing Alan ?
    No contact from you Friday.

Hey there,
    Can you assist ?
    Thanks
    Hi muppetkiller

Thanks
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    Still nothing Alan ?
    Hi muppetkiller

Apologies for the delays, I have looked in to this and I can see that a cordless phone rental was ordered and posted over 22 months ago. The charge has appeared on the bill each month of €2.29 ex vat per month (bi-monthly bill).

Normally we require the cordless phone in return for the removal of the charge however I see you mentioned above that your parents do not have it anymore. In this case I will need to escalate a case to the rented equiptments area and request removal of the charge, however I will need to speak with the account holder to arrange this - can you please PM me the contact details of the account holder or would it be ok to call the land line number on the account?

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hey there,
    Can you assist ?
    Thanks
    Hi muppetkiller

Thanks
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    Still nothing Alan ?
    Hi muppetkiller

Apologies for the delays, I have looked in to this and I can see that a cordless phone rental was ordered and posted over 22 months ago. The charge has appeared on the bill each month of €2.29 ex vat per month (bi-monthly bill).

Normally we require the cordless phone in return for the removal of the charge however I see you mentioned above that your parents do not have it anymore. In this case I will need to escalate a case to the rented equiptments area and request removal of the charge, however I will need to speak with the account holder to arrange this - can you please PM me the contact details of the account holder or would it be ok to call the land line number on the account?

Thanks
    Al
    I spoke with my parents and they certainly never ordered any cordless phone ? And to my knowledge never got one either (As why would I have bought one).
    Where would the details of ordering this phone be ? I presume you would need to have some recording of the order ?
    The landline is the number of the account holder but they are not there until after 6pm today.

Hello ? Can you please find the contract details which my parents signed up for a cordless phone ? And the date this occurred.
    If you cannot find this information we will be expecting a full reimbursement of the charges for the period you have been charging them.

Hi muppetkiller

The details (dates etc) are not accessible because it is over 22 months. I understand your position here however the charge has appeared on the bill each month and paid.

If you wish to seek refund for this your parents will need to log an official complaint for investigation and upon completion of the investigation your parents will be contacted by a management from the complaints department outlining eirs official position on your claim and their findings.

I understand you would like to resolve this matter for them however eir must comply with data protection regulations - I recommend taking time to register the complain in the company of your parents and requesting that you serve as a point of contact. Please follow here for details on how to lodge an official complaint: http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice - Once your parents log a complaint they are also free to contact comreg if they would like verification on this process.

Thanks
    Al

Hi muppetkiller

The details (dates etc) are not accessible because it is over 22 months. I understand your position here however the charge has appeared on the bill each month and paid.

If you wish to seek refund for this your parents will need to log an official complaint for investigation and upon completion of the investigation your parents will be contacted by a management from the complaints department outlining eirs official position on your claim and their findings.

I understand you would like to resolve this matter for them however eir must comply with data protection regulations - I recommend taking time to register the complain in the company of your parents and requesting that you serve as a point of contact. Please follow here for details on how to lodge an official complaint: http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice - Once your parents log a complaint they are also free to contact comreg if they would like verification on this process.

Thanks
    Al
    My parents check the total and pay the bill they are in their late 70's. They can't even see the bill don't mind understand the billing.
    Only for they got an expensive bill last month they asked me to check it.
    I'll lodge an official complaint so.

Hi muppetkiller

Thanks
    Al
    My parents check the total and pay the bill they are in their late 70's. They can't even see the bill don't mind understand the billing.
    Only for they got an expensive bill last month they asked me to check it.
    I'll lodge an official complaint so.
    Hi muppetkiller

In the circumstances you have detailed I can understand your pursual of this matter. Unfortunately special exceptions cant be made in consideration of age or ability but I do highly recommend following this up via an official complaint.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement