Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midtjylland vs Manchester United 19/2/16 6pm BT2/Setanta Ireland.(FTA??)

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The sad thing is that the result doesn't surprise me. Awful, heartless performance. Mata and Herrera should be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Honestly how long can this **** continue before he gets the boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The sad thing is that the result doesn't surprise me. Awful, heartless performance. Mata and Herrera should be shot.

Herrara I still think has it in him to be a big player, I'd write off Mata entirely. For such an obviously talent, he has no heart at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Honestly how long can this **** continue before he gets the boot

Until the end of the season probably

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

And Wazza was lambasted for wanting to leave. He is a prophet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Im surprised that our away fans are chanting for him to be sacked. Surely they should be putting some pressure on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lucky enough to escape with it just at 2-1.

With that score should really still be going through at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hehe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It's sad to see such a great tea........
    Ah I have said it too many times now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

niallo27 wrote: »
    It's sad to see such a great tea........
    Ah I have said it too many times now

You're about as funny as a kick in the balls

• Advertisement

Well if Mourinho does come in, Mata can have now complaints when he's booted out the door. He's absolute piss.

But he has a good game every so often!

Mourinhio knew what he was doing a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Moyes was sacked for less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

There os something far more worrying going on at that club than just van gaal. The team obviously are not being coached and trained correctley.

Easy money on midget land tonite. 9/1 lol

Going to back Shrewsbury now at 7/1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Never go full Man Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

kona wrote: »
    There os something far more worrying going on at that club than just van gaal. The team obviously are not being coached and trained correctley.

Easy money on midget land tonite. 9/1 lol

Going to back Shrewsbury now at 7/1

Lol indeed, very easy to say you had a wedge on when the game is over son.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Midgetland very unclucky not to get the third which would have set them up well for the 2nd leg. They just ran out of time in the end. Some of the skill levels on show, especially the two black lads towards the end of the game, were sublime. As entertaining as Messi and Neymar. As for Utd, another memorable and historic night in their modern history. Herrara, Mata, Blind, Carrick all not good enough but that's been clear for some time now. When their own fans won't even accept it, there's not much point blaming Van Gaal for results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Good result for United, they got the away goal and have given themselves a chance in the home leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I could never have envisioned the depths they could have fallen to even in my wildest dreams

Jose or Ryan will do just fine

Dead cat bounce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

the only way we progress further is if nick a 1-0 win in the second leg and then draw Liverpool in the next round

It's depressing

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    what a save from ddg... wait...
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    We are very, very lucky Romero is having the best game of his career tonight....
    Yeah, it's becoming clear it's not just DDG who is Utd's most important player, it's that the goal-keeper is Utd's most important position.
    This really sums up how far Utd have fallen. I was thinking about Ronaldo scoring 2 last night. Imagine asking him about Utd's latest result, or Rooney's injury; he probably wouldn't even know. Just 2 different leagues now. It's sad to see, the empire that Fergie and Gill built ending up like this.
    What's even funnier are the endless transfer rumours each Summer about Ronaldo returning to OT. To think Neymar and Bale were listed as potential targets too. Bale maybe, considering he's British and the money might be as good as at Real, but there is more hope of Utd signing all three of MSN than Neymar on his own. Utd simply aren't relevant any more on the European stage, and there is a danger they are going to become irrelevant too domestically in the short term at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I think non-Utd fans have every right to bathe in the glory of Utd's downfall. After year's of unprecedented success, it must feel like a dream to watch the club fall from grace. The sad thing is, I can't find the reasons to defend the club now. All the mocking seems justified :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I think non-Utd fans have every right to bathe in the glory of Utd's downfall. After year's of unprecedented success, it must feel like a dream to watch the club fall from grace. The sad thing is, I can't find the reasons to defend the club now. All the mocking seems justified :(

Oh c'mon.
    It was only a pre season friendly for fc Middleton.
    Chin up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

They're 5/1 with Paddy Power. Go do it now, you will feel better when we lose :o

@Rossi IRL did you back FC Mjtlynd?! (yeah I can't spell it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

FC Midtjylland - no game in two months, on e win in ten before that, and lost 9-1 on aggregate to Napoli in the group stages
    Just beat Man U 2-1.. :P

In fairness Utd will still be favourites to progress. Midgetland needed that 3rd goal but unfortunately they just ran out of time. Utd escape back to OT with an away goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Canadel wrote: »
    In fairness Utd will still be favourites to progress. Midgetland needed that 3rd goal but unfortunately they just ran out of time. Utd escape back to OT with an away goal.

Yep, United still totally in control.....

They are tbf. I don't think even the most optimistic Midgetland fans will feel that they are favourites to progress. With Rooney out though I suppose it is possible. Most likely Utd will win 1-0 with a Fellani header in the dying minutes followed by a rapturous reaction from the players and go through on away goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Was travelling all day so couldn't see the match, looks likeLVG put out a young side?

It's a little baffling since winning the Europa cup is uniteds only realistic way to qualify for next season's Cl.

I am happy for Depay scoring as he had a tough couple of months, how did he play?

Also happy for Sisto, fm15 legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Shanee. wrote: »
    Moyes was sacked for less
    Not really, Moyes was sacked once Champions League qualification was impossible. As unlikely as it looks Utd still can qualify on two fronts. I wonder is that some sort of self imposed line in the sand for Woodward an co, so as not to become a sacking club and resist making rash decisions. Strange if true but I can't really see any other reason LVG is still around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Not really, Moyes was sacked once Champions League qualification was impossible. As unlikely as it looks Utd still can qualify on two fronts. I wonder is that some sort of self imposed line in the sand for Woodward an co, so as not to become a sacking club and resist making rash decisions. Strange if true but I can't really see any other reason LVG is still around.

He has a better record than LVG too FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Shanee. wrote: »
    He has a better record than LVG too FWIW.
    Oh I do think that LVG has done a worse job then Moyes all things considered. But I don't think he'll get the sack for another few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Agreed. I can't see them not progressing, to be honest; a comfortable 2 or 3 goal win at OT. However, I can't see them winning the competition either. Of the 3 English sides, I'd say that Spurs would progress furthest;they have a very good squad and an astute young manager in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Hi guys. This match is being repeated now on BT for those who'd like to watch this again.

Advertisement