Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed price taxi to the airport

Options
  • 18-02-2016 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Looking for any company that still offers a fixed price to the airport, going from kimmage. KCR and SCR both used to until recently but said it's on the meter now, anyone know of others that serve kimmage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

When I phoned around in the summer everywhere around Dublin 8 had stopped doing it.

I did get a taxi business card a while ago for Drimnagh Cabs who have €25 fixed rate to the airport. No idea if it's still valid, the number is 4055500

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Great, thanks, I'll give them a try. KCR did it in early December and it was brilliant, to and from the airport, shame it's stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 1 athaler

I don't know if they provide service in your area but give them a call. I have used them many times. Great service.

localsouthsidetaxis.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Terenure taxis

Tried Terenure and Rathgar earlier, both on the meter as well. Will give that other crowd a try, they do fixed prices yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wouldn't touch kcr taxis with a bargepole. Twice I've called them about 5 hours in advance to book a taxi. Once they didn't turn up and when I rang they said they didn't have anyone free despite me pre booking. The second time I waited 45 mins then drove myself. Useless shower.

mfceiling wrote:
    Wouldn't touch kcr taxis with a bargepole. Twice I've called them about 5 hours in advance to book a taxi. Once they didn't turn up and when I rang they said they didn't have anyone free despite me pre booking. The second time I waited 45 mins then drove myself. Useless shower.

Not disputing what happened you but both times I used them in December for trips to and from the airport they were patiently waiting before the time I requested to go to the airport. Same at the airport and they tracked my flight time and held off on the taxi arriving due to much flight being delayed. Could be different dispatchers

Any luck with a fixed price?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

The rank on Parnell St always has a sign up which I think says €20 fixed price to Airport. Could even be lower actually, might even be €17.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Pretty sure the rank at BusAras has a fixed price as well. I split the fare with a few lads from the 747 Q one time and it worked out cheaper than getting the bus out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Hailo app does fixed priced taxis to the airport if you put your destination in. I pay 20 from D7.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marask

Also tried kcr and drimnagh taxi, no more on meter, but ended up booking kcr, taxi arrived within ten minutes (I requested asap) and final metered price was 28 eur. Which I find fair. Not sure whether this would work from airport tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Not sure if they still do it but I use to get a fixed fare with VIP Taxis

OP did you find anywhere? Heading to the airport on Thursday morning!

OP did you find anywhere? Heading to the airport on Thursday morning!

Didn't find anywhere unfortunately, but don't think I got a chance to phone Drimnagh Cabs in advance, think it was yourself that had suggested they did a €25 fixed fare. The metered fare ended up at approx €27 versus the €20 previously offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I've used these for collection and drop off. http://irelandbytaxi.com/ Highly recommended.

Advertisement