Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitlocker help needed

Options
  • 18-02-2016 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. After giving it a shot I decided to revert back to Windows 7. I had applied bitlocker to my secondary HDD (backup drive) so files couldn't be deleted. I turned bit locker off before reverting back to Windows 7. Now the drive is locked and inaccessible. I have the password and the recovery key, but I do not get any prompts to enter either of them. I have upgraded to Windows 10 again to try resolve the problem and the drive is unlocked. Bitlocker is turned off and I can access the drive freely.

I am going to copy the contents onto my external HDD, revert to Windows 7, format the drive and load the files back onto the drive.

Has anybody encountered this issue before? I have tried several youtube videos, Toms hardware and the FAQ's on the microsoft site. I even tried the manage-bde commands but nothing helped unfortunately.

Advertisement