Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do on a Tuesday night in Limerick?

• 18-02-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Evening all. Myself and the girlfriend are heading to Limerick City next Tuesday. Any recomendations as to what to go see/do? Also whats the nightlife like on a Tuesday night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Tuesday night? Not much to be honest. Had a look on University Concert Hall, Lime Tree Theatre and Dolans Warehouse websites and there is nothing listed.

That pretty much leaves going to a pub or a restaurant. Tuesday night is dead so your best option is Nancy Blakes pub Denmark Street.

There's usually a bit of life there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Cheers Red King. Yeah I did a bit of googleing before making the thread and there seems to be little on. We will check out Nancy Blakes. Any other pubs with a bit of character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Tom Collins has a nice selection of beers on tap.

Dolans usually have trad music on during the week but it's a bit out of town. McGettigans near it would be a good pub too.

The Locke might be worth going into if you're touring the city in the day for grub and a pint. Good for sunny evenings but it's February.

You might like the Copper Room on O Connell Street also. It's a wine bar.

Nancy's, Smyths, Flannerys would be your late bar choices and d'Icon for clubbing. All beside each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

The red hen stays open late on a Tuesday night too. Think it might be the only late bar on a Tuesday. Some nice craft beers there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Steak and a beer is 18 euro in Brimstome (up at Riverpoint) on a Tuesday. Mmmm... Tuesday's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Mickey Martin's. I'd recommend it ahead of Nancy Blake's any day.

zulutango wrote: »
    I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Mickey Martin's. I'd recommend it ahead of Nancy Blake's any day.

On a Tuesday though I'd say Nancy's would be busier no?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Red King wrote: »
    On a Tuesday though I'd say Nancy's would be busier no?

Nancys doesn't open late on Mondays or Tuesdays. There's a reason for that.

Yeah.

This thread is kind of a downer lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Dolans usually have trad music on during the week but it's a bit out of town. McGettigans near it would be a good pub too.
    ????, Finnegan's in Annacotty is a bit out of town, The Unicorn in Dooradoyle is a bit out of town, since when did the Dock Road become a bit out of town? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

How about the same question for this coming Wednesday, anything on?

Cheers for the replies. It's looking like beers and steak. How bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Is it pubs or clubs you are looking for OP? I can't speak for pubs, but Tuesdays and Thursdays are the going out nights for students, so clubs are usually fairly busy.

Also, is it this Tuesday coming or the Tuesday after?

sup_dude wrote: »
    Is it pubs or clubs you are looking for OP? I can't speak for pubs, but Tuesdays and Thursdays are the going out nights for students, so clubs are usually fairly busy.

Also, is it this Tuesday coming or the Tuesday after?

It's this Tuesday. I don't imagine we will be going clubbing. Probably something to eat and a few quiet pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭fran38

Mate and I always head out on a Tuesday or Wednesday night. Smyths bar usually have music on a Tuesday night. The band that has residency for that night are Plan B, a two piece. Crackin' rock music.Smyths also do music on Wednesday nights too. Nancy's will have music on a Wednesday night as well and bands usually finish 12.30/40. The crowd in Nancy's on Wednesdays are 30's/40's whereas Smyths are students/20's. Both are literallyacross the road from each other.

Advertisement