Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6+ storage

• 18-02-2016 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Quick question I would appreciate if someone could help me. I have a 16gb phone but am running out of storage. I'm backing up my photos after I take them and deleting them from the phone. I deleted a lot of apps too but still I have very little storage. Is the only option I have is to sell the phone and buy a phone with bigger storage? Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Where are you backing them up? Do you have a lot of music on your phone?

In General > Settings > storage & iCloud usage > manage storage, is it photos taking up the most space?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Zcott wrote: »
    Where are you backing them up? Do you have a lot of music on your phone?

In General > Settings > storage & iCloud usage > manage storage, is it photos taking up the most space?

I don't have a lot of music just a few meditation tracks. It's music is taking up most of the storage. I back up my photos with Google plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If you have twitter/facebook/instagram (and other social media sites), try deleting them and then re-installing them. it removes a huge amount of cached images. Clears over a GB when I do it

Dodge wrote: »
    If you have twitter/facebook/instagram (and other social media sites), try deleting them and then re-installing them. it removes a huge amount of cached images. Clears over a GB when I do it

Oh that's great, thanks a million!

Dodge wrote: »

• Advertisement

pinkstars wrote: »

Is there anything else I can do rather than buying a 128GB phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I don't have a lot of music just a few meditation tracks. It's music is taking up most of the storage. I back up my photos with Google plus.
    Is there anything else I can do rather than buying a 128GB phone?

No need to buy a larger phone if you've no music / photos. 16gb should be plenty. But the top quote message is confusing. You say you've no music on the phone on one hand and then say 'it's music taking up most of the storage'. Did you do as Zcott recommended and check exactly whats using the space ?

I went ahead and ordered a iPhone 6S Plus!!!

128GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I went ahead and ordered a iPhone 6S Plus 128GB!!!

That's well and truly the end of your issues. And your bank balance :p

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »

Yes I'm actually broke I ordered without thinking it through and am now trying to cancel!!!

dodzy wrote: »

Yes I'm actually broke I ordered without thinking it through and am now trying to cancel!!!

Advertisement