Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does my house have a landline?

Options
  • 18-02-2016 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We moved into our house a few years ago. We have phone sockets but when I borrowed a friend's landline phone and plugged it in there was no tone.

Just wondering if I can pm my address to see if there was a landline installed in the house when it was built.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Rega wrote: »
    Hi,

We moved into our house a few years ago. We have phone sockets but when I borrowed a friend's landline phone and plugged it in there was no tone.

Just wondering if I can pm my address to see if there was a landline installed in the house when it was built.
    Hi Rega

Of course, PM me and I'll get back to you today

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Rega

Al

Cheers Alan
    Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Can I piggy back on this and also pm you my address to check?

I'm a Virgin Media refugee searching for a new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Rega wrote: »
    eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Rega

Al

Cheers Alan
    Pm sent
    Thanks for the PM Rega

Unfortunately as the house is not numbered - I can't see if it had a previous line - there are a number of lines (both inactive and active) showing up for the area and we do not have access to previous names of numbers.

You will still be able to place an order but an engineer will be required to call out in consideration that plugging a phone in does not create a tone. The only thing I can advise is to plug the phone back in and dial 199000 to see if an automatic voice reads back the old number (that will show an engineer will not be required)

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement