Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Money from Oz to Irish Acc.

• 18-02-2016 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, posting for my sister here. Basically she was in Oz for several years but is back here now and wants to close her Oz bank accounts and transfer a significant amount of money back here to her Irish accounts. She's looking for info regarding the cost/security. Has anyone any info on using a currency exchange or is she better off doing it herself.
    Any info from people who've done something like this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

I use Currencyfair on a regular basis and find it great. Depending on how much she has she could do it on CF and if nervous do it in a few batches. But i have used it for small and large sums. Cost of transfer Aud 4 and one of the best rates available most of the time and it literally updates as you look at it on their website. Irish company also. She should not forget that she can get over 3% interest in Aus not something you will get in Irl anytime soon so something to consider also...............Maybe keep the account open also even with a little money just for the sake of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Cool, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

eire1 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Also bear in mind the bad fx rate at the moment although no one knows if it will get better or worse with any certainty!

Advertisement