Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME Professional Master of Education in Primary Education IRISH INTERVIEW

Options
  • 18-02-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Thinking of applying for the PME in St Pats this year. Has anyone any info on the Irish part of the interview? Have not spoken Irish in about 9 years since the leaving cert and its the only thing putting me off.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

I havent done Irish in 7 years. I have registered for the intensive prep course with Gaelchultur for the interview though

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

puma90 wrote: »
    I havent done Irish in 7 years. I have registered for the intensive prep course with Gaelchultur for the interview though

Have you been given a date for interview?

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    Have you been given a date for interview?

No no date yet...U?

No no date yet...U?

No haven't heard anything since the application went in.

Interview dates are 11th nd 12th of may...the rooms the interviews are in aren't very clear which is through Irish nd which is through english

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Interview dates are 11th nd 12th of may...the rooms the interviews are in aren't very clear which is through Irish nd which is through english

Are all the interviews taking place in St. Pats (DCU) or are they in the college you placed first preference for?

All Hallows drumcondra

Anyone have much information on the interview? How long is it and is their two separate ones the same day for english and irish?

I haven't booked my interview slot yet because I'm so worried about the Irish. I'm very rusty at the moment and I'm not sure I can get myself up to the required standard (whatever that is) before the interview. I have final year exams starting a few days after the interviews too :pac:

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I haven't booked my interview slot yet because I'm so worried about the Irish. I'm very rusty at the moment and I'm not sure I can get myself up to the required standard (whatever that is) before the interview. I have final year exams starting a few days after the interviews too :pac:

I'm hoping the Irish is leaving cert al over again with basic conversation on what family, what you've done before etc.

• Advertisement

How is the preparation going for the interviews? Anybody else freaking out? :pac:

Boeing777 wrote: »
    How is the preparation going for the interviews? Anybody else freaking out? :pac:

How are you preparing for it? I have done some observation in a local primary school and got some Irish grinds! Otherwise its hard to know exactly what's needed.

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    How are you preparing for it? I have done some observation in a local primary school and got some Irish grinds! Otherwise its hard to know exactly what's needed.

Just trying to practice speaking as much as possible. You're right though, it's very hard to know what's required. The fear of the unknown is killing me :pac:

Anyone do their interview today? How did u get on?

Anyone do their interview today? How did u get on?

I done mine, it was grand overall. They focus a lot in both interviews on your personal statement so be prepared to talk about what you have written. Both were to general conversations with nothing to demanding or unexpected asked.

Ok, thanks for that 😊

Anyone know when we will find out if we get the course or not

Anyone know when we will find out if we get the course or not

A month or so I heard. How did you get on?

Grand ya..Irish was short nd sweet anyways...just general questions as u said...fingers crossed 😊

Results out today 😱 anyone get them yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 LauraB95

Hi, I've applied for the PME in primary 2017, can anybody who attended an interview last year give me advice on what type of poem or passage they had to read in the Irish section of the Interview, as I am a little worried about this.

Any advice or guidance for the interview would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a mill 😊

Advertisement