Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage approval while abroad

Options
  • 19-02-2016 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

On the following link it states that if you are living abroad and are returning home you should talk to us about a mortgage. So I take that at face value and initiate that conversation.

personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/mortgages/faq/#accordion-id-1

What is the point of this when you do talk to a mortgage advisor from BOI who wastes your time looking for financially information, calculating ability to repay etc and then turns around and says its unlikely you will get approval as you haven't secured a job back in Ireland yet ! This is so annoying and frustrating that I would waste my time getting financial information together as part of a conversation when my future employment status back in ireland trumps everything and is already known as one of the first facts. Why not say that up front ? What is even the point of the above link telling customers to get in contact as it seems obvious to me that there is a high likelihood that you may not have secured employment yet.

I also wouldn't be overly happy with the fact that it felt like this person was ignoring me on two seperate occasions and I am still waiting for a reply on that second occasion. Also, when he did reply when I prompted him it felt like he completely ignored the information i provided him with as he replied with very similar financial data which did nothing to progress the issue and only frustrated me as it felt like he ignored information i provided.

I should really let this fade into the background but I am determined to secure a mortgage and will be looking elsewhere but thought it best to bring this to someones attention as suggested on your website 
    personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning seamusmacspud, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. We are so sorry to hear you are unhappy with your application, and with the advisor you dealt with, if you could send us your name and contact number and we would be happy to arrange a call to you. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement