Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair k70 weird issue

Options
  • 19-02-2016 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Not really a problem but I got a new corsair k70 keyboard and every time I boot up the pc I get a black screen with the letters A2 appearing in the bottom right hand corner, I simply press enter and the pc re boots and works away no problem. Any reason why it could be doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I fixed mine as well. The A2 code no longer shows. All I did was update the BIOS of the motherboard. I think the problems was with the Krait not detecting my 850 Evo properly.
    My problems were solved when I switched my keyboard to a different USB slot.

My guess is you may have it in a USB3.0 port, if so, shove it in a 2.0 port instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

Hmmm this is a weird one. Nothing seems to fix it. Not really a problem though more of an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Sneak wrote: »
    Hmmm this is a weird one. Nothing seems to fix it. Not really a problem though more of an annoyance.

Have you tried changing the position of the BIOS switch beside the braided lead, just over the F9 key?

It switches the keyboards refresh rate for increased compatibility with BIOS' and motherboards. I had a problem with the scroll lock flashing on mine, IIRC changed the switch to position 2 sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

Ahhhh that worked thank you sir, don't know how i missed that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Easily done, if I recall theres little or no mention of the switch in the manual either. Not that I tend to read them much anyway. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement