Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dos Eir vision include Sky Sports News?

Options
  • 19-02-2016 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

We've recently gotten Eir Vision including the Sky Sports pack but I don't see Sky Sports News anywhere. What channel number is it? Please don't tell me it's not included - it's part of the standard package with Virgin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭kala85

I have eir tv our evision as it was called and it doesn't have sky sports news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Newoven wrote: »
    We've recently gotten Eir Vision including the Sky Sports pack but I don't see Sky Sports News anywhere. What channel number is it? Please don't tell me it's not included - it's part of the standard package with Virgin.
    Unfortunately sky sports news is not available with eir vision Newoven

Our full list of channels is available to view here: https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 15,473 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So you get Sky Sports, but don't get the Free Sky Sports News channel!!

Wow!!

So you get Sky Sports, but don't get the Free Sky Sports News channel!!

Wow!!
    That's correct AndyBoBandy - All channels included on eirs sky sports pack are available to view online here
    https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭kala85

Also sky sports hd is not available. Its only sd stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Newoven

In fairness the website does list the channels so it's not that there was any attempt to mislead by Eir, it just seems strange that a channel not usually hard to get is left out. Any chance of adding it?

Alan, while I'm on the subject of our new service we've been experiencing picture breakup on RTE1 and RTE2 for a couple of days. Any explanation for that or suggestions as to how it might be solved?

Newoven wrote: »
    In fairness the website does list the channels so it's not that there was any attempt to mislead by Eir, it just seems strange that a channel not usually hard to get is left out. Any chance of adding it?

Alan, while I'm on the subject of our new service we've been experiencing picture breakup on RTE1 and RTE2 for a couple of days. Any explanation for that or suggestions as to how it might be solved?
    Hi Newoven

Thanks, Yes I understand it would seem odd although I can confirm there are no plans to suggest when it will be added - If I see an update to this we will get back to you here.

It's best to contact eir technical support in relation to the technical issues you have experienced with RTE1 & 2. There have been no outages or reported general issues though. You can reach them on Local 1890260260 or via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

No Eurosport either which I find bizarre - these are kind of seen now as pretty basic standard channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Can I jump in here, apologies for side tracking the thread. Are there any plans to add Eurosport (as every other provider has it) to e vision?

Can I jump in here, apologies for side tracking the thread. Are there any plans to add Eurosport (as every other provider has it) to e vision?
    Hi laraghrider

There's no time-frame of dates predicted for the availability of eurosport on eir vision however there are continued plans for improvement and development of eir vision and I will certainly pass on your feedback to operations for their consideration in such plans :)

Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Thanks Al,

Unfortunately the same answer I got over a year ago.

Thanks Al,

No problem laraghrider

Al

Thanks Al,

No problem laraghrider

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭blackvalley

I am a customer of Eir and my package includes Sky sports .I want to access sky sport via my lap top . is this possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

I came in to ask the exact same question as above. Just got Eir and have the sky sports channels and was wondering would it work on my iPad? If yes, can it still be viewed on more than one device? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I am a customer of Eir and my package includes Sky sports .I want to access sky sport via my lap top . is this possible.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid it isn't possible to view this channel on your laptop. You can view a list of the channels available on eir Vision go on the below link:

https://www.eir.ie/tv/eirvisiongo/

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭blackvalley

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid it isn't possible to view this channel on your laptop. You can view a list of the channels available on eir Vision go on the below link:

- Adam
    Great. So I can access all the junk channels but the ones that I already pay extra for I cant access. That's me heading back to SYY ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Great. So I can access all the junk channels but the ones that I already pay extra for I cant access. That's me heading back to SYY ASAP.
    I am very sorry to hear that.

- Adam

Advertisement