Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body types and diets.

Options
  • 19-02-2016 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.
    First time to visit this forum and I have a query or two if anyone can help.
    Please forgive me if I offend in some way. It's a talent I seem to have.

I have various health issues that relate to digestion at the source.
    So I have been testing many different diets over the years.
    Last year around October or November, I was exposed to a vegan!
    I got infected anyway lol and I am unable to rid myself of a conscience.
    A joke, but kind of true... I became more aware anyway.

Other research has lead me to believe that a starch based diet might help with many of my issues, like prevention of type 2 diabetes(common with digestive issues in the long run).

I found that salads and raw veg gave me indigestion. And meat makes me tired.
    This indicates possibly stomach acid issues(I was on Nexium back when I was clueless).

So.. since last year I have been living on a staple diet of monng beans, black eyed beans(now relegated to just monng beans), sweet potatoe, leek, onion, garlic, indian spices, and sometimes random other veg, cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms etc.
    Mostly food is seen as medicine for me.
    I also eat spelt bread with this and I shouldn't. But I am bored with just soup.
    Seems ok, but I still have a lack of energy as always.
    I do sometimes still eat meat like tuna or chicken on the rare occasion. But I don't notice much difference with energy. Just more tired as I try to process it.

I am curious if I am missing something essential. Half the time I am only having 2 meals a day. Should I force myself to eat a lot more?
    I will default for now to the idea that I should somehow try to fix the stomach acid issue before piling in more soup..
    Did I just answer my first query?

Another one.
    Recently I was came across the idea of body types and diet. Which I have heard in the past, but never really considered it seriously.

The idea that some people are built for carbs and others more for protein.
    A lot of the people saying this seem to also believe that if you are the protein body type, well you just have to eat meat and that's it.
    Or even that some people need white meat and others red meat.

I am not satisfied with that(i know some veg has a ton of protein or so I have been told. Broccoli right?). I would appreciate any and all information relating to protein from veg versus protein from meat and how it is processed in various body types and in general.
    I'd like to just know factually, and from a biological perspective what is going on.

To simply, what is the differences and effects between plant and animal proteins in the digestive system?
    Thanks and sorry for the long post..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Borisgem8

Plant and animal proteins work together actually. I have noticed a change in myself when I started eating some kind of fruit when eating meat. I used to get tired as well. I would continue to experiment and may see if you are getting enough minerals and such from fruit, not just plants. Plant protein doesn't last as long in the body compared to animal protein. If you are doing away with meat all together, then get protein from things like milk and cheeses.

Also, it is worth looking into what you family has eaten over the years. Look at all the health men and women on both sides and try to eat like them.

Advertisement