Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fill & Cut Quantities

Options
  • 19-02-2016 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Anyone got info on free package that would be able to determine quantities of fill and cut from contour surveys.
    Usually I use site sections and estimate cut/fill and on bigger jobs and revert to archaic grid method on paper to get values to compare results. Accurate to an extent.

Free package and easy to use as not a massive part of my job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

rayjdav wrote: »
    Anyone got info on free package that would be able to determine quantities of fill and cut from contour surveys.
    Usually I use site sections and estimate cut/fill and on bigger jobs and revert to archaic grid method on paper to get values to compare results. Accurate to an extent.

Free package and easy to use as not a massive part of my job.

I haven't ever come across a free volumes package. If you're looking for cut and fill volumes then my guess is that you'd have to be looking at paying for a software system.

Otherwise, you could import 3D contour lines and or surfaces into SketchUp and there are various tools in there that you may be able to use. The trick then is to get the 3D contours from your surveyor rather than a flattened drawing !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

It might be a long shot, but is the second bullet point here [1] what you want?

[1] http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=6973#p102327

Advertisement