Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cityjet Cork to London city airport

Options
  • 19-02-2016 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭

anyone been on this yet ? how did you find it ? is it a commuter plane ?
    have early morning flight tomorrow , says theres snacks / refreshments - wonder what that consists of ?

I am heading from central London to city airport for 2 pm flight on Sunday. how much time should I allow to get there and whats best way to get back to airport ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Didn't even hear of this flight.. Handy would be interesting to know how they are

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

goochy wrote: »
    anyone been on this yet ? how did you find it ? is it a commuter plane ?
    have early morning flight tomorrow , says theres snacks / refreshments - wonder what that consists of ?

I am heading from central London to city airport for 2 pm flight on Sunday. how much time should I allow to get there and whats best way to get back to airport ?

thanks

Flown with them a couple of times now. Got a Nature Valley bar and a coffee (as it was a morning flight). You had the option for alcoholic drink if you wanted too and there were some other snacks like fruit & nut bars.

Going through City airport is really easy. I arrived an hour before the flight which was perfect. Take DLR there

It's an Avro AJ85 - Small jet plane. If it's windy you'll feel it more than a bigger plane, but it's better than the ATRs that Aer Lingus fly on their regional flights.

Overall, I've been delighted with the service and it's worth the extra few £/€. The checked bag makes a difference too if you're hauling a bit !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭goochy

cheers , probably a bit early for alcoholic drink but is that free ?
    haven't used cork Airport for a very long time , how soon before flight do I need to get there to check in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

haven't used cork Airport for a very long time , how soon before flight do I need to get there to check in ?

Yeah, I saw someone ask for a wine and then store it in their bag - smart move!

Cork: An hour beforehand is fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I flew with them a few weeks back. Very impressed.

Yup you get offered complimentary drinks and a snack. I availed of two free beers and got a bag of some sort of corn snacks also.

Arriving into London city airport is a pleasure compared to the other London airports. From Ireland there is no security checks on arrival so you literally go from the runway in one door and out the front door within 2 mins. Another 2 mins you are on the DLR tube line into Bank.

Also useful that a passport is not obligatory on Cityjet.

And the vibe in departures in London city airport seems to be much more easy going. The place is filled with sockets for personal devices etc. A nice bar and coffee dock and plenty of the usual shops.

Would recommend.

• Advertisement

Note on Cork airport: I've seen a few people recently get turned back at security as their own printed boarding cards would not scan. It seems to me the problem is with their scan device.

If you have time to get a reprinted boarding card at the desk it might save the chance of that happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

50/60 mins before the flight is loads unless your on the first flight at 0650. Most of the first wave of flights depart within 20 mins of each other so secutity can be very slow and backed up. For the 0650 flight id be there for about 0540ish. From 0600 on the ques can be very bad. Better to be in a little early and have a cuppa than be rushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

anyone I know that used the cityjet service has been impressed. there was concern before Christmas about passenger numbers on it but haven't heard anything since about it

Going on 8 o clock flight . Must get gud night's sleep ! Cheers for help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

anyone I know that used the cityjet service has been impressed. there was concern before Christmas about passenger numbers on it but haven't heard anything since about it

January another quiet month with only an average of 30% or so seats filled

I also see the Cardiff service carried a mere 284 people the whole month (or 142 each way)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Have to wonder how long the will persevere with that.

It would be a shame if that route was lost.

The problem is that Ryaniair will always be a good few quid cheaper. Although by the time you get a train ticket from Stansted or Gatwick and include a couple of free beers from Cityjet (!) there isint that much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

im flying to france with cityjet great prices via the group booking method ( involves phone calls faxing signed papers etc but prices for 10+ person very very impressive)

Go guys flight was about 3/4 full . City airport very handy and hassle free . Was going to excel centre and it was only 10 mins walk. Happy days ! . Snacks were very basic . Hopefully there will be wine on flight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Go guys flight was about 3/4 full . City airport very handy and hassle free . Was going to excel centre and it was only 10 mins walk. Happy days ! . Snacks were very basic . Hopefully there will be wine on flight back.

Its busy at the weekends cos they have less flights.
    They have small chocolate bars that are like a rocky road, savage. They also have little bags of corn, a bit strange but really really nice.

I hope they don't loose to service but I think realistically twice daily instead of three times is the most for this service.. London city airport is in an ideal location for some things

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They have cut it down to 2 a day on some days of the week and pulled the Sat service from many weeks so that might help

Article on the echo about the service...cityjet wont expand anymore services till the london route get more established....could be some good offers on the route to come

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Flew with them least week to London. I used to always go through Heathrow. City jet is a bit more expensive but a much better experience.

Free snacks and drinks are nice, had two drinks on the flight back.

About 25/30 mins to get into central London .

Similar sized airport to Cork and very quick to get through. Which I must say helped me as my flight was due to leave at 17.55, I arrived at the airport at 17.40 and still made the flight.
    A new record for me :)

Flight back almost full . But was delayed about 30 mins . This was a pain as we checked in . In a small room opp.runway and we're left standing for a long time looking at plane but not told of how long delay would be. Glass of wine chilled me a bit ! Provided they were on time u would be willing to use again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Flight back almost full . But was delayed about 30 mins . This was a pain as we checked in . In a small room opp.runway and we're left standing for a long time looking at plane but not told of how long delay would be. Glass of wine chilled me a bit ! Provided they were on time u would be willing to use again.

So you're not willing to use them again because they were delayed by 30mins?

Have you ever been delayed on an airline before or am i missing the point!!?

it was the way it was handled , we weren't kept informed - instead of being able to have another pint in the bar - we stood around for what felt like ages looking at the plane and wondering . only a couple of seats there - this is downstairs area opp. runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

I was on that flight last night and we were actually closer to an hour delayed. London city airport has a no excess noise policy so there weren't any announcements as to why we were delayed. We got on the plane, the air stewards made their announcements safety announcements, flight time but no actual explanation as why we were delayed. It wasn't until the captain made an announcement about starting our decent into cork when he mentioned the delay. To be honest I'm still none the wiser because i couldn't understand what he was saying. I've no problem being delayed, i've sat in cork airport for 4+ hours due to bad weather but a simple explanation as to why we were delayed would have been nice. However I'd have no problem recommending city jet, staff were friendly, free checked in bag and free drinks and snacks were brilliant. London city is a great little airport, very easy to use and into central london in 30 mins. .

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

it was the way it was handled , we weren't kept informed - instead of being able to have another pint in the bar - we stood around for what felt like ages looking at the plane and wondering . only a couple of seats there - this is downstairs area opp. runway.

Ah, got you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

I'll be taking the service from Dublin when I hit London with a few mates this summer. Transport in London costs a bomb and the few quid you save on Ryanair is lost again between taxis and public transport. I flew into Heathrow a few years again which is supposedly central and it was still a 3 hour drive to cross a section of the city. Cityjet's prices may be slightly higher, but it seems to be worth it.

Deecee , I was on the 2.05 flight yesterday , was your flight delayed also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

We were supposed to depart at 17.55 it was 18.50 before we took off. So obviously the delays were from earlier in the day and had an knock on effect.

yes but cant they make up time in flight ?? also we were delayed by half hour not hour so that's no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Can anyone who's taken the flight recently (goochy?) tell me if there's self check-in at ORK for CityJet flights? I hate using OLCI but hate queuing more :D

• Advertisement

hi , cant tell you that . I was checking in luggage so went to desk . know u can in london

Advertisement