Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cityjet Cork to London city airport

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

For anyone thinking of booking flights with cityjet there is a 20%promo code SUMMER. Think it is valid on flights from May 1st till Aug 31st. Code valid on bookings till the 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Too late for me, I booked mine the week before, still got a good price, €202 rtn for the two of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

I'm flying from Cork to London by Cityjet - does it cost extra to check in at counter instead of online. Since I have to go to the counter anyway to check in luggage, I was wondering would I just check in there. But I know some airlines charge extra when you don't check in online.

AFAIA no is the answer. It would be pointless to let bring a bag included in your price and then charge you to check it in. FR really have everyone brainwashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Do they charge you 7.50 to pay by card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

FrStone wrote: »

I flew last week and they didn't charge me to check in a counter.

€3.95 pp is what they charged us. Don't know what EI or Fr charge.

Service axed from the end of june what a pitty

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Service axed from the end of june what a pitty

Yeah, just read that a few mins ago.
    It's a shame was really handy for me with work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

Going to france with then in 6 weeks they better not cancel that

No the french routes are safe. With the amount of flights already from cork to london 3 a day was pushing it.i hope it doesnt deter Cityjet from developing new routes from cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Bunch of flakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Flying to London on Cityjet to connect with the Eurostar on our silly route to Bordeaux for the Ireland game next month. Just glad the cancellation is after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

So disappointed. Have a few flights with them during the summer that are all now cancelled. I really liked the route and service. It's a shame people didn't see passed the slightly higher price tag that ended up being competitive when accounting for trains, luggage, and travel time into Central London. I'm going to remain hopeful that they'll relaunch with a reduced service when they have their new aircraft next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Flew on it for work and flights were fairly empty.

Friendly staff, free refreshments and handy out for docklands.

Hopefully they'll try it again I think people forget the cost and time implications getting into the city and don't factor this in total ticket prices

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Everyone seems to be saying that the flights were expensive but I had a flight booked for October and it was 112e - didn't think that was too bad. Checked Ryanair today and it's 117 to Gatwick and Aer Lingus is 136 to Heathrow so it was the cheapest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Suposedly last november had them with an average of less than 20 passengers on board. Their now averaging about 35/40. Weekends and monday mornings are busier tho but not enough to keep it viable.
    They also just recenty took on a lot of cabin crew for their cork base, most of them left other airlines for the jobs. Their jobs are safe but could be based anywhere.

Well there is still the summer charters to France and Menorca.

Advertisement