Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under Stairs Storage

• 19-02-2016 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭

hi all,

currently renovating a house. We want to get some sensible useful storage under the stairs, at present its just 2 doors. To modernise the hall, i would need to change the doors and frames anyway at a minimum, however i would ideally like to make the area more functional. I have looked at smart storage (www.smartstorage.ie), and like the clean lines, the quick installation etc. Are there any other alternatives I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

budhabob wrote: »
    hi all,

currently renovating a house. We want to get some sensible useful storage under the stairs, at present its just 2 doors. To modernise the hall, i would need to change the doors and frames anyway at a minimum, however i would ideally like to make the area more functional. I have looked at smart storage (www.smartstorage.ie), and like the clean lines, the quick installation etc. Are there any other alternatives I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
    Hi Rob, see photos of unit I got in last year. Preferred having less lines / triangles cut out than the main suppliers. Also indies were custom made for what we wanted to store in other. Pm if you want the details, they are based in Wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hi Rob, see photos of unit I got in last year. Preferred having less lines / triangles cut out than the main suppliers. Also indies were custom made for what we wanted to store in other. Pm if you want the details, they are based in Wexford.

Ah that's lovely. Really neat, tidy and modern looking. If you don't mind me asking, what was the ball park cost? When I think smaller supplier I often think of increased cost, probably wrongly in most cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

budhabob wrote: »
    Ah that's lovely. Really neat, tidy and modern looking. If you don't mind me asking, what was the ball park cost? When I think smaller supplier I often think of increased cost, probably wrongly in most cases.

It was around 1600 so a bit more than the flatpack ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

I got one done by Smart Storage. Sorry I didn't get it done years ago. my hall is actually clean now. Have to get it painted now as its like a white undercoat on it so it shows every mark. i got a tallboy and 6 drawers and I only wish I could have kept the fitter that installed it. he was brilliant

It was around 1600 so a bit more than the flatpack ones.
    Ah crap, that's outside our budget I'm afraid, we've a lot of work to do on the house. Thanks though for all your help

• Advertisement

I got one done by Smart Storage. Sorry I didn't get it done years ago. my hall is actually clean now. Have to get it painted now as its like a white undercoat on it so it shows every mark. i got a tallboy and 6 drawers and I only wish I could have kept the fitter that installed it. he was brilliant
    Cheers for the info. Did they come out and consult / take measurements beforehand, or did you have to do that?

I was at the ideal home show in the RDS on one of the stands and they were there as well so I was able to have a good chat with them. i was originally getting a 3 drawer unit and I just had 2 email them a picture of the area and a rough measurement of the width of the area from one end of the skirting board to the other. the fellow builds them in your house and then fits them. 3 drawers was going to cost approximately 549 as booked in the RDS but when he arrived I upgraded to 6 drawers and the tallboy press which cost 1299. i did this as I reckoned I would always regret not going the whole hog. it's like having fitted wardrobe in the hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭firlodge

Hi can you pm me the supplier details please?
    Thanks

all the details are on their website www.smartstorage.ie eg pics, emailand phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shawzy12385

New to this but unable to contact people - saw thread and was looking to get the information from MightyMunster about who did the work for him in Wexford please. I am looking for a pull out style larder type for under the stairs but smartstorage don't do what we're looking for and a place that does isn't willing to travel. If you could send me the details I'd be very grateful Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

New to this but unable to contact people - saw thread and was looking to get the information from MightyMunster about who did the work for him in Wexford please. I am looking for a pull out style larder type for under the stairs but smartstorage don't do what we're looking for and a place that does isn't willing to travel. If you could send me the details I'd be very grateful Thanks

Yes me too please. They're the nicest under stairs storage I have seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Quart

Hi,

We were just wondering if anybody else got any experience with the Smart Storage crowd

They fitted a storage unit for us last week and it looks very nice from outside: very smart and tidy.

However, we were surprised to see that the inside of the double-door cabinet was left uncovered at the back. When I asked the fitter, he said that it had not been included as part of the initial service and he did not have any spare timber for that. Unfortunately we did not realize that those details had to be discussed beforehand, but that part does not really match the quality of the rest of the work.

Overall we are still happy with the unit as it is very handy and tidy, but it was poorly finished I must say. It will not be a big job to get it done, but it is a bit disappointing how they dealt with the whole situation.

Hope this will save somebody else the hassle if all those little details can be discussed before paying

Regards,
    Q

Advertisement