Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grasslin off peak timer incorrect?

Options
  • 19-02-2016 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there a few days ago I noticed my storage heater was on in the middle of the day.  The living room was roasting as if it had been on most of the day. The light on the off-peak power supply of the storage heater was on, and when I checked my fuse box I noticed my devi-reg 710-2, the light (d) was red indicating the heating was on. I talked to a neighbour and he noticed the same thing, so I think that eliminated our storage heaters and devi-regs.

I did some googling and found that the devi-regs is fed an off peak signal from a timer which should be located with the electricity meters. As a director of the complex I had access to the meters and took a look and found 2 timers of type Grasslin MIL02. From my research it appears the current time on these timers is indicated by a red arrow. The actual current time was 9:41 am, the red arrow on one timer was a little before 8, and the red arrow on the other was a little before 20.

One is off slightly but does this indicate that the other is off by at least 12 hours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi ptha,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If there is a fault with the time switch, an ESB Networks technician will need to be sent to the property. If you are an Electric Ireland customer, we can arrange for a call to be made to the property. We would need you to send us a private message.

We would require the following information:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ptha

Just to follow up it turned out both timers in the cabinet were broken. They were analogue timers of the type Grasslin Tasu 511 (MIL 02 T/1 QRTUZ). The red arrows indicating the current time on both were incorrect. The ESB networks technician replaced the timer for my meter with a new digital model. Have to get a neighbour to log a separate service call to Electric Ireland to fix the other one, which seems a little inefficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi ptha,

We are glad to read the technician called and replaced your time switch.

Electric Ireland can only request a technician visit a property where an account holder has reported a fault directly to us. If you have any queries relating to the visit by the technician or what you were advised during this visit, you would need to contact ESB Networks directly on 1850 372 757.

If there is anything else we can help you with, do let us know.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement