Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your fondest memory of Dublin?

Options
  • 19-02-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to get to know Dublin before the technological era.
    What is your fondest memory of Dublin from around the 60s?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A big column is O'Connell Street. A pile of rubble in O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You would get better answers if you gave us a bit more background about what you want to know and why you are asking. Its a bit vague at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Ahh memories. I remember:
    Dublin being pretty run down.
    A handsome point-duty guard I fell in love with when I was nine years old.
    Nelson's Pillar, and then no Nelson's Pillar.
    Really crappy St. Patrick's Day floats in the parade.
    Green double-decker buses.
    Really hot summers
    People skating on the ice on the Liffey (that was AMAY-zing!) one winter.
    Cattle being brought to the abbatoir through the city either on a truck or herded. They made a lot of noise and who would blame them.
    Our neighbours kids telling me I was going to go to hell because I was "a Prossident!"

Seems my memories are mainly miserable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Did you have occasion to come across Lugs then? :eek: Y'didn't mess about with Lugs around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Borkum

Dancing in the Television Club, Harcourt St back in 1969

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

The Nevin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Going on the hop from school and getting the train into the city.. used to get 3 pints for a fiver in the plough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Did you have occasion to come across Lugs then? :eek: Y'didn't mess about with Lugs around!

I remember having a right old scrap with another lad with Lugs looking on!

He was a boxing referee. I took part in that silly game before I discovered rugby!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement