Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small mixing desk for filmmaking and home recording

Options
  • 19-02-2016 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

In terms of small mixing desks, have things moved on much in the last 10 years, when the Alesis and the Berhinger desks were the go to options?

As it's been so long since I've looked into any type of audio equipment, I'm a bit out of touch with developments.

I mainly need one for capturing anything from live musicians to quiet dialogue whilst on location for video work and the odd bit of composing at home within Logic Pro X .

At the minute, I'm using an ancient E-MU 0404 USB by running a 3.5mm cable from the headphone output into my Canon 5D mk2 as there's an issue with the main 3.5mm output jack on that unit, so it's very hit and miss with regards to clipping as I've no way to monitor the audio with the headphone jack being used as the only reliable output.

In terms of requirements all I need are:

- Its own mains power source
    - 4 XLR inputs with phantom power
    - USB interface that's reliable with a Mac.

So I'd be interested to see what people rely on these days for similar small scale production work

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

I have loads of desks, but I bought a Yamaha MG10XU mixer last year and I must say that I'm quite fond of it. It records 2 channels BTW – stereo only

Advertisement