Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instalment Plan and Change of Address

Options
  • 19-02-2016 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

Your customer service is truly shocking. I tried to update my address last October through your online service desk but nothing was done. I sent a message in November on the online service desk to highlight this and point out that a new credit card that I didn't ask for was sent to my old address - lucky I still had a postal redirect set up otherwise someone would have my new card and I would have known nothing about it!!

Nothing has happened with this - no update and no reply - so a few weeks ago I posted in a physical form with proof of address to update my address - and I have gotten no update on the status of this.

I also applied for an Instalment plan on my credit card, but despite submitting that on February 1st and you committing on your website to an update within 3-5 working days I have gotten no update 14 working days later, and this is despite me submitting a query through the online service desk about this 3 days ago I've still gotten no update.

Why do you supply a digital process for things if you don't bother monitoring them or actually doing anything with them? I have never had a satisfactory outcome with using your online service desk - it looks to me like it serves no purpose and I have to ring you anyway.

My payment due date on my credit card is on the 26th - if the full amount comes out on that date with no response from yourselves on whether the instalment plan application was successful I will be submitting a complaint to the financial ombudsman. If I haven't heard back about updating my address by the 26th I will be submitting a complaint to the financial ombudsman. I have given you every opportunity to do something with both queries but my patience is almost up.

Regards,
    Aisling

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

scolarda wrote: »
    Hi,

Your customer service is truly shocking. I tried to update my address last October through your online service desk but nothing was done. I sent a message in November on the online service desk to highlight this and point out that a new credit card that I didn't ask for was sent to my old address - lucky I still had a postal redirect set up otherwise someone would have my new card and I would have known nothing about it!!

Nothing has happened with this - no update and no reply - so a few weeks ago I posted in a physical form with proof of address to update my address - and I have gotten no update on the status of this.

I also applied for an Instalment plan on my credit card, but despite submitting that on February 1st and you committing on your website to an update within 3-5 working days I have gotten no update 14 working days later, and this is despite me submitting a query through the online service desk about this 3 days ago I've still gotten no update.

Why do you supply a digital process for things if you don't bother monitoring them or actually doing anything with them? I have never had a satisfactory outcome with using your online service desk - it looks to me like it serves no purpose and I have to ring you anyway.

My payment due date on my credit card is on the 26th - if the full amount comes out on that date with no response from yourselves on whether the instalment plan application was successful I will be submitting a complaint to the financial ombudsman. If I haven't heard back about updating my address by the 26th I will be submitting a complaint to the financial ombudsman. I have given you every opportunity to do something with both queries but my patience is almost up.

Regards,
    Aisling
    Hi Aisling,

We’re very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service.

As we have no account access here we are unable to check if your address has been updated on your bank account. To check this we’d ask you to please send an Ask a Question via the Online service desk, put this for attention of Boards.ie and we’ll advise the team to check this for you. Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365, representatives are available 8am-Midnight Monday- Friday and 9am-6pm Weekends and Bank holidays. 

In order to check the status of your payment plan request can we ask you to call our Credit card team directly on 0818251251 & a representative with account access will be happy to assist you.

Hope this helps,
    Thanks,

Tara C 

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scolarda

Hi,

Regards,
    Aisling
    Hi Aisling,

We’re very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service.

As we have no account access here we are unable to check if your address has been updated on your bank account. To check this we’d ask you to please send an Ask a Question via the Online service desk, put this for attention of Boards.ie and we’ll advise the team to check this for you. Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365, representatives are available 8am-Midnight Monday- Friday and 9am-6pm Weekends and Bank holidays. 

In order to check the status of your payment plan request can we ask you to call our Credit card team directly on 0818251251 & a representative with account access will be happy to assist you.

Hope this helps,
    Thanks,

Tara C 
    Hi Tara,

I want to ring to see if my address has been updated, but when I use the number you gave number none of the IVR options apply;
    1. Account Enquires - when I go into this I get into a dead end and can't talk to someone
    2. Debit Card Queries - not applicable
    3. Credit Card Queries - not applicable
    4. Mortgage Queries - not applicable
    5. Help with 365 Online - not applicable
    6. Help with online passwords including Verified by Visa - not applicable

Please advise how I ring and actually get through to talk to someone to find out if my address has been changed. I do not want to submit yet another message on your useless Online Service Desk - hopefully you can understand why I have little faith in it.

Thank you,
    Aisling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Tara,

I want to ring to see if my address has been updated, but when I use the number you gave number none of the IVR options apply;
    1. Account Enquires - when I go into this I get into a dead end and can't talk to someone
    2. Debit Card Queries - not applicable
    3. Credit Card Queries - not applicable
    4. Mortgage Queries - not applicable
    5. Help with 365 Online - not applicable
    6. Help with online passwords including Verified by Visa - not applicable

Please advise how I ring and actually get through to talk to someone to find out if my address has been changed. I do not want to submit yet another message on your useless Online Service Desk - hopefully you can understand why I have little faith in it.

Thank you,
    Aisling
    Hi Aisling, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Please select option 1 and then the star '*' key for agent services. This will route you through to a representative who will be happy to check the address on your account. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement