Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights at Kinsale Rd Roundabout(coming from dump)

Options
  • 19-02-2016 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone from Cork City council will read this.
    The traffic backlog in the evening is getting ridiculous.
    They obviously have change the lights sequence a few weeks ago and its creating havoc especially after 5.30 in the evening.
    I'm guessing the person that changed these is living in Ballydehob or somewhere and working remotely:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Let the council know by email here
    I'm "enjoying" the benefits of the south ring road myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I don't think this is accidental, I work shift and have a 7 o clock start start/finish so I would be coming through the Bandon/Bishopstown & Sarsfield roundabouts every morning or evening and I've noticed a change in the sequence there as well
    -there is a shorter green light period than before, only 5 cars max get through now.
    The pedestrian lights are always lit - both the actual "green man" light high up and also the push button is always lit.

At 0640 in the morning, every morning I go to work I very much doubt there is a pedestrian waiting to cross. I'm lucky in that I clear these roundabouts early before rush hour but I feel really sorry for the people hitting them later in the day.

As I work shift I am often off mid week and driving around the city to get jobs done and two more traffic lights that I noticed have the green man lit even though no pedestrian is waiting are the exit from the link to Turners cross and the lights at Turners cross church.
    I think the council are programming the lights to give the pedestrians equal light period - even when no pedestrian is there to push the button to request a crossing

Advertisement