Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build own gym

• 19-02-2016 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Moving house and will have a big shed so going to try build my own gym. I'm a relative beginner. I'm thinking of getting a rack (hopefully with Lat pull down attachment), Olympic bar and some plates. Has anyone any advice? I'd prefer not to spend a fortune. Any advice on cheapest place to get this equipment? It's concrete floor should I get rubber mates? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

I've converted part of my garage into a home gym and I've gotten a few bits and pieces over the last while. Here's what I have:

Squat rack with pull-up bar from Odin Gym Equipment
    Adjustable bench from Odin Gym Equipment
    Weightlifting kit (20kg bar and 150kg of weights) from D8 Fitness
    A few kettlebells, rubber mats, assorted bands, ab wheel roller and fractional weight plates from D8 Fitness

The above equipment should give you a good base to start from, and as far as quality and price/value you'll do well to find better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭tony stark

Excellent. Thanks for reply. So I don't really need lat machine do I?? Will pull ups do the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Depends on what exactly you want it for, but if it's as a back exercise you can do pull-ups and chin-ups on a pull-up bar and they're two great back exercises.

P.S. You might need those giant elastic bands as assistance tools if you're struggling to do them properly at the start.

Advertisement