Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reheating Dishes with Yoghurt

Options
  • 19-02-2016 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one, I have a few dishes with yoghurt In them, but rarely cook them as I don't know the story with reheating such dishes?

I generally reheat my leftovers in a microwave in work, does the reheating affect the yoghurt? I use a lot of coconut milk and coconut cream in cooking and never have problems reheating those dishes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Not much help if it's already added. I make dinners like a spicy chilli for work. I always add a spoon of fromage frais or creme fraiche to my dinner when it's heated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Not much help if it's already added. I make dinners like a spicy chilli for work. I always add a spoon of fromage frais or creme fraiche to my dinner when it's heated.

I don't understand? Some of the recipes call for it, to give a creamy sause

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Are you worried about the yoghurt curdling or splitting when you reheat it?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

If I'm making a chilli at home I always double the recipe. So just before I add in sour cream, creme fraiche or fromage frais I put some chilli into a few lunchboxes for dinners at work. I'd then add the sour cream etc. I then reheat the chilli and when it's heated I'd put in a spoon or two of spur cream.
    I often forget to plate up my lunchbox dinners and so I reheat the sour cream. It sometimes looks a little split but tastes the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

I don't see it would be an issue. I have always reheated curries with natural yoghurt and no issues yet.

Dishes with cream can be reheated so the principal is the same. Defrost thoroughly and reheat correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

kylith wrote: »
    Are you worried about the yoghurt curdling or splitting when you reheat it?

Its a worry about taste really, if it looks ugly but tastes good, I m happy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Its a worry about taste really, if it looks ugly but tastes good, I m happy

Should be grand, so. Even if it splits a bit it should taste grand.

Advertisement