Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car accident, road with no grip

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

I think the OP was inadvertently hitting the accelerator, not the brakes.

Only logical explanation for this scenario that I can see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

kerten wrote: »
    Until I could change them(in couple of weeks most), I was driving 20-30% slower than I normally do on wet motorway

It might have been more risk driving at 80kph on straight road while everyone else is doing 120+, than the difference in tyres presented. Did you expect to spin out of control?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Bruthal wrote: »
    It might have been more risk driving at 80kph on straight road while everyone else is doing 120+, than the difference in tyres presented. Did you expect to spin out of control?

Nice cherrypicking sir.

Thanks for the warning. From now on, I will either drive at 120+ km/h on roads or stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

kerten wrote: »
    So how do you pick which tyre to buy other than the price ?

dont really put that much thought into it

I used to buy goodyear, dunlop semperit, zeetex tyres

paid a lot and paid very little

I can honestly say in different driving conditions I have never once noticed the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭kirving

tyres are tyres

drive correctly at all times and thats about it

"Tyres are tyres" So what you're saying is that despite the laws of physics, all tyres will perform basically the same regardless of composition. In what field of engineering did you study?

And what if the unexpected does happen, due to the actions of someone else even? You don't think that giving yourself the very best chance of avoiding a crash is at all valuable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

LOL at the some trying their best to justify crap tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

mullingar wrote: »
    LOL at the some trying their best to justify crap tyres.

lol at people who dont have the intelligence to provide an informative response to the discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

We've come to road's end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement