Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extenstion roof cost

Options
  • 19-02-2016 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm hoping there might be someone here that can give me even a rough estimate. Its to remove a flat roof and put up a slated roof to ajoin the current pitched roof on a house.

We are currently at the about to offer stage on this house, and would like project any costs the house may incur in the future.

The measurements on the extention is 13 x 9. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from accommodation and property

• Registered Users Posts: 78,438 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Estrellita wrote: »
    The measurements on the extention is 13 x 9.
    Feet? Yards? Metres? :)

You will likely need an engineer to examine the structure to see it it can take the weight and wind load of a pitched roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Victor wrote: »
    Feet? Yards? Metres? :)

You will likely need an engineer to examine the structure to see it it can take the weight and wind load of a pitched roof.

Sorry for delay Victor, its roughly 13'4" x 8'9". The extension added a kitchen on the bottom floor and an extra bedroom above. I know you are right, an engineer will need to look over it :)

Advertisement