Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is my default gateway ip?

Options
  • 19-02-2016 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there
    I'm trying to connect netgear modem instead of f2000
    I have static IP ( external, so don't confuse with internal as everyone on you support line)

To do so I need to put manually my ip, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS (primary and secondary)
    my IP is 86.xx.112.xx
    I guess mask is 255.255.255.0
    DNS 159.134.0.1
    What is my gateway?
    Please don't tell me it's not up to you, as it's provided by ISP
    And please don't tell me you don't support 3th party modems,as don't info how to set it up, I just need simple info abut my account settings.
    Hope to find proper answer soon.
    thank you
    jacob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If you're bridging you should let eircom configure it via DHCP, setting static addresses if the provider hasn't allocated you one is asking for trouble.

If you're on a business account and Eir have assigned you a static IP, setting the modem to DHCP should be sufficient for the static IP to be obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

odjazdowy wrote: »
    I'm trying to connect netgear modem instead of f2000
    I have static IP ( external, so don't confuse with internal as everyone on you support line)
    Regular VDSL users lease over IPoE. Purchasing a static requires you bypass the local pool and pull an address(yours) from the RAS via PPPoE

Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Passowrd: broadband1
    VLANID: 10

Expect a short delay when the modem connects, it takes a little longer for the pool to respond with static addresses. 

Mask would be .255 by the way as they issue a /32 not a /24 (Unless you've paid them a few grand). 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

ED E wrote: »
    Purchasing a static requires you bypass the local pool and pull an address(yours) from the RAS via PPPoE
    Interesting, I thought it was all done over IPoE these days, for VDSL anyway (layer 2 purist here!). Also missed that they had a static IP in the original post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi odjazdowy

Further to the excellent advice from ED E please follow here for advice in configuring a third party modem to the eir network : http://support.eir.ie/article/How_do_I_set_up_a_non-eir_Modem

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement