Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No power to shower pump

Options
  • 19-02-2016 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I moved into an apartment a few months back that has a negative head pump in the hotpress to feed the shower.
    There's an isolator switch in the hotpress that lights up when there's power too the pump.

Anyway, the odd time halfway through the shower the pump would go off. It wouldn't trip or anything, just stop pumping.
    There was also a few times that a red light came on that apparently has to do with the water being too hot.
    I since adjusted the thermostat and that issue happens a lot less now.

It still stops without any lights quite regularly and I'd usually just pull the MCB down and push it back up and the pump would start again.

Tonight it went off when I was showering so I pulled the MCB as usual and pushed it back up. The shower came on for a few seconds and stopped again so I cycled the MCB again. It kept stopping so I cycled it a few times.

Now the MCB is up, but the isolator switch in the hotpress isn't lighting up at all.

Is it possible that I damaged the MCB by constantly switching it on and off?

Should I start by checking the isolator?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Sounds more like a loose connection. Most likely at the fuse board. You may need an electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Turns out the fuse in the socket next to the isolator just got knocked out a bit probably from me stamping about when I have to get out in the middle of a shower.
    Pushed it back into place and everything's back to normal.

Cheers for the relies

Advertisement