Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these specs good enough?

Options
  • 20-02-2016 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So i have come across a gaming pc for sale and i was wondering if the specs are capable of running The Elder Scrolls:V Skyrim or games like it with a good couple of mods installed while playing on a decent graphic setting.

The specs are:QUAD CORES AMD FX PROCESSOR 4X4300
    ATI RADEON R7 370x GAMING GRAPHIC CARD HDMI/VGA with 2Gb ddr5 ram/ 256 BITS, WITH COOLSTREAM HIHG PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY
    8 GB DDR 3 RAM DUAL CHANNEL KINGSTON HYPER X, LIFETIME WARRANTY
    DVD DRIVE RECORDER
    1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA HARD DRIVE SATA 3 /6Gb/SEC
    750w SERIES POWER SUPPLY
    WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BITS
    MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013 FULL PACK: WORD , EXCEL , POWERPOINT ECT
    ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS6
    AUTOCAD 2014

Also because the seller knows me he offered a free memory upgrade.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Old and weak.

What price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kingkiwi247

590 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Everything is fine except the processor is a bit on the weak side and while it would be fine for Skyrim it would be very weak for the latest games. For 600 euro I would expect a minimum of 2nd gen i5. Or the 4300's older brother the Fx-6300 at a minimum from the AMD camp.

It's by no means a total rip-off or the worst deal going compared to some of the garbage you do see, but you can get a PC with an i5-2xx0 or 3xx0 series CPU with that budget which would be way faster.

If you say where you are based we can suggest machines on adverts that are in your area.

590, I honestly thought you were gonna say 3- 400 tops.

As terror said you should be expecting a bit more for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kingkiwi247

Thanks for the help SterlingArcher i was kind of expecting this type of answer and im based in county wexford TerrorFirmer

• Advertisement

Not much on offer in wexford. Some ok builds in kilkenny but that maybe too far for you.

http://touch.adverts.ie/desktops/high-end-gaming-pc/9770553#page-top

Would offer 630 see what he says. It's alot better than your original posted spec.

Advertisement