Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler Swimming Classes

• 20-02-2016 1:16am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Posting this on behalf of another member

I'm looking for a swimming lessons class for a 3 years old girl with 2 parents who can't swim and are extremely self conscience about being pool side (don't want to be in swimwear in public) . Any recommendations for the Ennis area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

https://www.facebook.com/Baby-swimming-lessons-109979932444787/

I'm not clear if it's for toddlers and a parent though. I wouldn't have thought that anyone would take responsbility of a toddler in a pool though!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

`Thanks for that, any comments/recommendations to make about the service??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

AquaBabies which used to be at the Auburn Lodge has moved to Woodstock Hotel and classes starting up very soon. http://aquababies.ie/pools-and-dates/. Their classes for toddlers go up to 3 but maybe not a fast rule. The parents could hang around clothed but they would need some swimmer the child is comfortable with to get into the water with her for the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 motuairisg

Ennis Leisure Complex is starting a new session of lessons in March. Call 065 6821604 .

Sounds like it would be suitable for your friends. My 4 year old started last season and is signed up again. Teachers are very good, parents can sit in the balcony and observe or stay poolside. You don't need to be in swimwear, just suitable footwear (e.g. flip-flops or those bags you get to cover shoes).

Advertisement