Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan, Create, And Suppy!!

Options
  • 20-02-2016 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I have a great idea in mind to produce a product which is different than anything that's out there at the minute. I really think it's I good idea and I have asked a good few people about it. They all think it's a good idea that they would buy.

It's a food product. Is there many people here that have successfully created a food product and supplying supermarkets at present?
    Can I get the Disadvantages of making a food product and supply supermarkets?
    How easy or hard is it to get products on the market? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It can be a brutal industry so tread carefully! Now it's passed the friend and family test you need to get some out to the general public. You could do some markets or if you have any local independent shops see if they will take some and let you set up a table with some samples so you can get a real idea of what people think. If things go well with the independent then you can think about approaching multiples.

At that point you are going to need to invest as the multiples are likely going to want it on a sale or return basis and want 2/3 months of credit.

Depending on the product there are going to be other things you need to do you would want to contact the relevant authorities to check what you need to do.

Feckthis wrote: »
    Can I get the Disadvantages of making a food product and supply supermarkets?
    How easy or hard is it to get products on the market? Thanks.

Theres a myriad of them. If you could produce a sample batch and get them into one store, give them to the store for free and see if they sell, and how fast at what price this will give you good data on how it might work on a bigger scale - ie. how much money you would need to supply 100+ stores. The first thing you need when supplying big stores is a lot of cash because you don't get paid upfront and in some cases for 60-90 days after you've supplied the store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

Hi folks,
    Thanks for the sound advice. I will start working on samples ASAP.
    Is there any problem with me starting out making this in my kitchen?
    Will I need someone the Health and Safety out to check before I can start ?
    I will organise a few Tastings ASAP if there is no big ordeal with shops or anyone else about doing tastings to the public at the start?!
    I have full confidence this is going to be great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Here's a previous thread which might help: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057505538

Advertisement