Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Eir employees as bad online as you are over the phone...

Options
  • 20-02-2016 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Please note I have every date and time that we called Eir/Eircom for our own personal records if we need to use it.

On the 10th of September 10.18am in 2015 after being with Eircom/Eir for afew years my parther and I decided to try and reduce our monthly rate and drop our phone package and just keep fibre broadband. We stated that if you could match other service providers (sky) then we would stay with your company. We were put through to your loyalty team who told us we would be given a special discounted rate of 30 euros for standalone broadband for SIX months and then 45 euros for the remainder of our agreed contract. (a unique 12 month contract)

We had to keep ringing Eircom/Eir telling every department/section in your company our story for SIX months and for SIX months Eir kept refunding us for the phone package that we had asked to drop after SIX months our broadband was cut off and we were told that we needed to sign back up into a new Eir package to get our internet/line working again ... We told Eir that this was unexceptable and after SIX months of battling for a contract that you agreed to that we wished to cancel our service, we were then told that because of the exceptional circumstances Eir would wave the 30 day cancelation period. Since then we recieved a bill (thinking it was a final bill) stating that we were in credit by 73.93 Euros and we are still an active Eir customer who still owes you as of the 20/02/2016 according to our account details 11.07 does that make sense a canceled account in credit of nearly 80 euros a month later now owing 11.07 according to your website on our Eir account did some of your employees get recruited from Anglo Irish Bank?

I dont know what the air (Eir) smells like to you but to me im getting a pretty foul smell off Eir/Eircom and its certainly not fresh (it is a SIX month stale smell) My partner has since been in contact to comreg who is still waiting for Eir to corespond to our problem ... all we want is our account canceled so we can move to another company who hopefully knows what they are doing and to be reimbursed via check for the money it shows that you owe us.

Please let us know who to PM and I will provide you with our Eir account information for the final time please god.

Copied from our account summary

Last Bill Date
    02/02/2016
    Last Bill Amount

Outstanding balance is:
    €11.07
    Payment Date
    16/02/2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Trust me .
    Until legislation comes in on transparancey these companies will continue to do this . Comreg are a complete joke a useless government quango . So don't expect anything there .
    You are better going to conor Pope with the hope of some publicity .

Search through the many different threads of eir and eircom and you will see the same common issues going back years . I see why now eircom changed their name to eir . It makes searches ( cancelling eir , efibre, broadband)in Google and here a little shorter .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Please note I have every date and time that we called Eir/Eircom for our own personal records if we need to use it.

On the 10th of September 10.18am in 2015 after being with Eircom/Eir for afew years my parther and I decided to try and reduce our monthly rate and drop our phone package and just keep fibre broadband. We stated that if you could match other service providers (sky) then we would stay with your company. We were put through to your loyalty team who told us we would be given a special discounted rate of 30 euros for standalone broadband for SIX months and then 45 euros for the remainder of our agreed contract. (a unique 12 month contract)

We had to keep ringing Eircom/Eir telling every department/section in your company our story for SIX months and for SIX months Eir kept refunding us for the phone package that we had asked to drop after SIX months our broadband was cut off and we were told that we needed to sign back up into a new Eir package to get our internet/line working again ... We told Eir that this was unexceptable and after SIX months of battling for a contract that you agreed to that we wished to cancel our service, we were then told that because of the exceptional circumstances Eir would wave the 30 day cancelation period. Since then we recieved a bill (thinking it was a final bill) stating that we were in credit by 73.93 Euros and we are still an active Eir customer who still owes you as of the 20/02/2016 according to our account details 11.07 does that make sense a canceled account in credit of nearly 80 euros a month later now owing 11.07 according to your website on our Eir account did some of your employees get recruited from Anglo Irish Bank?

I dont know what the air (Eir) smells like to you but to me im getting a pretty foul smell off Eir/Eircom and its certainly not fresh (it is a SIX month stale smell) My partner has since been in contact to comreg who is still waiting for Eir to corespond to our problem ... all we want is our account canceled so we can move to another company who hopefully knows what they are doing and to be reimbursed via check for the money it shows that you owe us.

Please let us know who to PM and I will provide you with our Eir account information for the final time please god.

Copied from our account summary

Last Bill Date
    02/02/2016
    Last Bill Amount

Outstanding balance is:
    €11.07
    Payment Date
    16/02/2016
    Hi frawley2005

I'm really sorry to hear of this. I would like to help. please PM me your eir account number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭frawley2005

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

PM sent.
    Thanks you,

I am awaiting clarification from our cancellations team. As soon as I have an update I will get back to you right away

Thanks
    Al

Thanks al, I would also like to know the procedure on collecting the money eir owe us for being over 70 euros in credit, can a cheque be made and sent to our address as we cancelled verbally on the phone in January and we were told that we would not have to wait the 30 day grace period so We should not have to pay any further money on a non working eir account ... being charged for a disconnected phone/broadband is ridiculous.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement

Any word from your team yet Alan ? recieved email on Feb 22nd

Dear MELISSA
    You recently made changes to your eir account.
     We"d like to confirm the details of your eir order, which is below.

New Bundle Name:  

eir Base
    Monthly Recurring Charges*  
    Contract Length:  

WE ASKED TO CANCEL IN JANUARY ...

Ah it makes complete sense now (sarcasm) we rang today as your online staff can not enquire and reply or even PM any information including Mr Alan, So apparently after asking for a new contract in September 2015 we were told nearly 6 months later (today) ... by eir staff our "system" is slow, so we are only putting you on a new 18 month contract this month (even though we agreed to a unique 12 month contract) six months ago ... and were robbed each month after that ... a complete joke eir staff are ... eir staff agreed AGAIN today to cancel our contract nearly 6 weeks on from when they last agreed to do it ... ill report back here to see what they do next, as they unwillingly signed us up to a new contract this month after we asked to cancel so what could they possibly do next ? ? ?

Your apparent response time is 11 hours yet I have not heard from anyone in nearly 3days about our problem, I would like a written (a post from an eir representative here will suffice) ensuring us that our account is cancelled and that eir will not decide to sign us up to a new contract again without our consent. Thank you I will continue to post here daily until I get an acceptable response, not a vague post saying that you will look into it...

Thank you and good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Your apparent response time is 11 hours yet I have not heard from anyone in nearly 3days about our problem, I would like a written (a post from an eir representative here will suffice) ensuring us that our account is cancelled and that eir will not decide to sign us up to a new contract again without our consent. Thank you I will continue to post here daily until I get an acceptable response, not a vague post saying that you will look into it...

Thank you and good day.

Hi frawley2005,

Apologies for the delays in coming back to you.

Al is no longer with us I'm afraid, can you PM me your details and I'll clarfiy this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey we had a phone call from JP Waters who said we are not cancelled but he will cancel the contract we never agreed too that eir signed us up for this month ...
    Not that he can be trusted apparently, After I read a topic on boards.ie by 

tomasAgustafsso (posted 9 years ago about how poorly he was treated)

After 9 years I see eircom/Eir have not changed...
    I would not be surprised to still see a bill next month from eir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Tracey we had a phone call from JP Waters who said we are not cancelled but he will cancel the contract we never agreed too that eir signed us up for this month ...

Ok no problem, I'm glad to hear you have received a call back. JP will look after this for you now.  

I understand your frustration with this, apologies for all inconvenience caused.

If you have any further issues please don't hesitate in coming back to me.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

I will put money on you recieving another bill

Ok no problem, I'm glad to hear you have received a call back. JP will look after this for you now.  

I understand your frustration with this, apologies for all inconvenience caused.

If you have any further issues please don't hesitate in coming back to me.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey I do have one our phone number was 0656893862 ... we were in credit and we would like that money back ... as your men came today to take back your efibre router so like a divorced couple if you are taking back your property I would like mine we were over 70 euros in credit which it states on our bill ... and we are not going to take into account any fees you may have felt like charging us for a disconnected line ... that would be very helpful thank you.

As eir put their hands in our pocket for nearly six months and stole money that we had to fight for to get back ... and each month we had to endure for over an hour on some instances "Please hold while we pass you on" to the next department ... (queue 10 mins of bad music) only to be lied to by another member of the eir team and nothing change the following month.

Can an eir representative please respond to my last post ... I have given you our phone number we were in credit on our last bill issued to us and previous to that we cancelled several times and were assured this would be done by eir (which they lied about) ... a simple question how do I get the money we were in credit by on our account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Can an eir representative please respond to my last post ... I have given you our phone number we were in credit on our last bill issued to us and previous to that we cancelled several times and were assured this would be done by eir (which they lied about) ... a simple question how do I get the money we were in credit by on our account?
    Hi frawley2005,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Once the final bill is issued we will be able to arrange this.
    If you contact our care team on 1901 they will set up a cheque refund case on your account for you.

Tony

Tony ...  did you actually read our topic title and posts here we have been ringing eircom for six months and everyone we have spoken too have promised us one thing and done nothing... except lie to us.
    To be followed by your online boards.ie staff ....

eir Alan ... told us he would look "into it" and talk to your cancelation team 7 working days ago and he has not responded since then... since that time we recieved a call telling us that we still have an active account by JP Waters who said that he would get it cancelled ...

Followed by your lovely

eir Tracey who asked if we needed any help, we responded stating that yes please could you give us information on our account as our last bill was in credit. On the first of February, suprise, suprise she responded to other topics since then and ignored this one....

Now we have you...

eir Tony telling us to ring eir staff who will tell us nothing but lies again over the phone
    I would get a more helpful responce talking to a brick wall

I came on here to see if eirs online staff could help us in away your eir phone staff are incapable of

and for esforum and anyone else who is following this topic, it now states on our myeir account that we owe over 50 euros so can you explain that as well Tony

Outstanding balance is:
    €51.35

Payment Date
    16/03/2016
    Total payments since last bill
    Please note that it may take 48 hours for recent payments to appear
    Last Bill Date
    02/02/2016
    Last Bill Amount

Or will you ignore us too or pass us on to another memeber of your customer support team
    eir Aisling ? Thats all we get apologies and lies, why do we have to ring someone for our 73.93 in credit which was owed to us on the 2nd of February, eir were very capable of overcharging us without anyones help, yet eir phone staff need us to call to arrange a refund. Can eir not post us out a cheque made payable to the account owner or lodge it into our bank account... without the need to keep us on the phone longer and make us suffer anymore?

Our phone number was 0656893862.

We have an approximate wait time of 9 hours, so we will be waiting patiently till then
    thank you.

No "help" today maybe tomorrow ..?
    Our bill is getting higher even though we cancelled?
    Your manager told us he would take care of it and he would cancel our contract
    We were owed money one month 73 euros then the following month
    we now seem to owe 51 euros even though we were on a 30 euro a month contract
    which should have been cancelled in January it is now March?

Can anyone working for eir do their job properly?

If/when a member of the eir team responds here
    Please do not patronise us and tell us you are sorry for our problem.

Once again patiently waiting for someone to definitively tell us that we have been cancelled
    Our phone number was 0656893862 and can you please find out when our money 73.93 which
    We were in credit by in February and we had cancelled in January ... will be returned to us.

Thank you. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I am taking a look into this and will be back to you shortly frawley2005,

Pamela 

Thank you Pamela ... a member of your customer care team Ann Marie told us that she will be looking into it too ... She also said that it shows numerous people have tried closing our account, but each time it was not successful ... All we wanted to do was to receive a service and pay for it, at the agreed price ... eir failed us, but hopefully people at eir will someday learn to do this properly and maybe we may return (in 15-20 years) this ordeal has ruined our opinion on eir.

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way and I understand your frustration completely frawley2005,
    I'll be back to you later today on this.

Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Holy merciful God, I wish I could say "don't believe this" but I do, I believe everything the op is going through. The entire company seems to be "looking into this". What an absolute joke of a service.

I have had broadband with eircom before and after having a horrible time with dropped service, rubbish after sales and trouble cancelling after our contract was up I said never again. 10 years later I took out a mobile contract and it took 4 months to cancel (after the rep told me I never cancelled in the first place, the cheeky pup). Promised loads of call backs which never happened. Debt collection agency sent lots of lovely threatening mails.

An awful company to deal with. You get bounced around on the phone constantly. Nobody gives a damn about you, the bills just keep on coming.

Stay well clear of this company. There's plenty of competition that will gladly take your business.

Op, open a case with comreg and explain your situation to the debt collectors. They stopped harassing me once I explained I had cancelled and opened a case with comreg.

Good luck.

I have taken a look into this frawley2005 and I can see there was a technical issue on the system that has affected the closure of your account. A ticket has been logged to correct this and I have amended the account so you will no longer receive communication from eir regarding this.

The reason why you have received bills with conflicting amounts is due to credits been applied to your account to cover the service charges since this issue occurred in September. The last payment we received on this account was 10/09/2015 so I'm afraid there would be no credit owed to you on this as service was provided until January.

Again I would like to offer my apologies regarding this and we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused and I can assure you you will receive no further communication regarding this account.

Pamela 

Last question can you tell me when our line will be free of eir's "technical issues" so we can use it again with another provider? Comreg says on their website 10 working days for faults with a line it's nearly been 10 working weeks for ours ...

And yes we were always in credit by roughly 60 or more euros so when we asked to go fibre only I thought a customer who never was behind on their payment would have no problems but thievery and lies are all we got in return...

Hope to hear from you soon with good news Pamela..

I have checked this frawley2005 

Your account has been cancelled so eir is no longer providing you service on this line. Should you wish to request service from another provider they should be able to place an order for you. The issue affecting your account was a systems issue and not a fault issue.

I'm very sorry you feel this way however we did provide service until January and the last payment was received in September so unfortunately there would be no refund due to you.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened to this op. As a receiver of eir incompetence , I fear the day that I have to cancel a contract with this company . It is coming soon but dear lord I can't see a way to deal with them .
    I might as well hire a solicitor first to cancel it . One wonders what the hell is comreg for ?
    Best of luck frawley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

I take no personal pleasure in being proven right, all I can say is that after getting treated like muck and the same grief you got, Tracey did indeed sort my issue out.

Good luck
    and for esforum and anyone else who is following this topic, it now states on our myeir account that we owe over 50 euros so can you explain that as well Tony

Outstanding balance is:
    €51.35

Payment Date
    16/03/2016
    Total payments since last bill
    Please note that it may take 48 hours for recent payments to appear
    Last Bill Date
    02/02/2016
    Last Bill Amount

It is very sad to see that over a year later like a ghost coming back to haunt me, I am still suffering from the evil an incompetence that is now known simply as eir. I started having phoneline issues in March this year (I changed to sky broadband a year ago after eir repeatedly stole money off me for a service i did not ask to keep) I told sky I did not want old eircom engineers to handle my line fault, that KN engineers are subcontracted by eir and could one of them please help with my line so of course... THREE eir engineers came out and could not fix the phone line after 3 attempts ... So I have been forced to switch to Vodafone hoping and praying that they send out a KN engineer this time... i know like the mafia they own their phonelines or territories so other companies need to pay eir a cut of the profit, but if they are not able to properly fix/do anything why not just sit in their head offices and let companies with the modern and practical expertise that is needed to fix problems to do it for them.Getting a cowboy company 3 times to fix a problem that any other company could fix .... roll on Siro in Ireland and maybe one day eir will become extinct like the dinosaurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi frawley2005,

Thanks for getting back in touch and I'm very sorry you feel this way.

I'm afraid we would be unable to look into this from here as you are not an eir customer and you will need to query this with your current provider.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement