Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a fascinating (bipedal?) sauropodomorph

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Link doesn´t work... again.

Is this the same Elliot formation prosauropod said to be about Diplodocus-sized and the largest known biped of all times?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Linnaeus

I can't figure out these links. I take great care to type out the words, numbers and symbols with great precision; sometimes this works, sometimes not. It seems to me that a dinosaur's wee brain contained far more logic than the artificial "intelligence" of a computer.

For the sauropodomorph in question, please look him up in Google according to his scientific name + the Guardian +June 2015; thus, the article I read should appear. It is a delightful article and very well worth reading.

I'm not familiar with that geological formation which you mentioned, nor with that Diplodocus specimen. Please let me know about that.

Typing them? Ever tried copying and pasting instead?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Another report on this:
    “Sefapanosaurus constitutes a member of the growing list of transitional sauropodomorph dinosaurs from Argentina and South Africa that are increasingly telling us about how they diversified.” Dr. Jonah Choiniere, a co-author in the study and a senior researcher at Wits University, said in the statement. “This new animal shines a spotlight on southern Africa and shows us just how much more we have to learn about the ecosystems of the past, even here in our own ‘backyard’. And it also gives us hope that this is the start of many such collaborative palaeo-research projects between South Africa and Argentina that could yield more such remarkable discoveries.”
    - http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2015/0627/New-Jurassic-dinosaur-found-hiding-in-fossil-collection

Thanks, Manach, for this information. I'm doing some intense research on the sauropodomorphs and their ancestral forms. Some of the earliest forebears are really fascinating: small, lithe creatures which walked and ran on two slender legs. Difficult to imagine these light, delicate reptiles as ancestors of the ponderous sauropods; yet, there you have it. Evolution is a most wondrous process.:)

• Advertisement

Dear Adam,

I'm about as skilled in copying and pasting as a Brontosaurus in knitting sweaters. It's simply something I've never learned. I use my computer mostly for sending e-mail texts and for doing research in Internet (allow me to boast that in the latter activity, I am genuinely skilled). But copying and pasting? Wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to start. And at my age... :( Elderly ladies may learn new tricks, but it's the old ones we remember.

Well this one trick is worth learning cause typing everything letter by letter is probably occupying a dangerous percentage of your life. And it's the easiest thing in the world. Here:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000867.htm

Advertisement