Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third party cheque.

Options
  • 20-02-2016 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi, I sold some livestock to a man very well known to me. He handed me two cheques made out to himself for payement. He has the back signed. Is it possible to lodge these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

kelslat wrote: »
    Hi, I sold some livestock to a man very well known to me. He handed me two cheques made out to himself for payement. He has the back signed. Is it possible to lodge these?
    Hi Kelslat,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

The fact that he endorsed the cheques by signing the back of them will mean that you should be able to lodge these cheques to your bank account; however if either of the cheques are account payee only or if there are two parallel lines anywhere on the Cheque this will mean it cannot be lodged.

If you bring the cheque to your branch to lodge a staff member at the branch can look at the cheque and will be able to confirm if the cheque can be lodged to your bank account.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement