Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Rome for solo female traveller

• 20-02-2016 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm booking flights to Rome for September, I'd like to go for 5 nights by myself.

As I'll be travelling alone for the first time ever, finding decent accommodation with a good reputation is important to me.
    There are so many options though.

My main concern is location, I want to be in a safe enough area.

I'm not stupid though, I wouldn't be planning on wandering around late at night by myself etc and I'm aware that pick pockets are big issue over there.

So, any recommendations for places you've stayed in?
    I would be happy with Air BnB recommendations too.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

I'd say the Municipio I is the best area for safety and distance to monuments. A few years ago I stayed near the U.S. Embassy, I think the hotel was the Hotel Caprice.

I don't know if you are on a budget, but hotels in the very city centre aren't necessarily expensive even if they are 4 stars, so be sure to check those ones too.

I'd definitely avoid staying outside the city centre, and then going into the city with public transportation. It's generally safe but if that was my first trip I'd try to make it as easy as possible: so hotel very near the attractions I'm interested at, taxis if I need to go somewhere I can't reach on foot, etc... This is a very personal opinion, but it never failed to me. If I want to "explore" a place some more, I'd simply go back another time and try something different.

Also, when you'll be there, just avoid talking with people who're going to stop you and you'll be grand. You don't need to buy postcards right on the street, make donations to inmates working their way back to society, or put your signature on a class-action "against drugs" that comes with a mandatory "donation".

Advertisement