Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend anti wrinkle product please

Options
  • 20-02-2016 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi Everyone, I'm looking to buy an anti wrinkle product for wrinkles on my forehead & i'm in my late 20s what you ye guys recommend? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

This isnt a smart arse remark, but have you considered Botox? Its the only thing that will give real results.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Afraid there's no getting rid of them unless you go down the botox route! However, they're probably not as bad as you think. Being in my late 30s but with good skin I find the trick is to keep your skin very hydrated to plump it up. A good moisturiser that includes hyaluronic acid (Eurcerin do a reasonable one or you can buy a serum for your moisturiser - Hydraluron by Indeed Labs) really helps. Also, a dewy effect foundation will soften their appearance too or one of those glowy primers ( I love the Pixi or Charlotte Tilbury ones) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

mrsberries wrote: »
    Afraid there's no getting rid of them unless you go down the botox route! However, they're probably not as bad as you think. Being in my late 30s but with good skin I find the trick is to keep your skin very hydrated to plump it up. A good moisturiser that includes hyaluronic acid (Eurcerin do a reasonable one or you can buy a serum for your moisturiser - Hydraluron by Indeed Labs) really helps. Also, a dewy effect foundation will soften their appearance too or one of those glowy primers ( I love the Pixi or Charlotte Tilbury ones) :)

+1

This is actually all sound adivce.

The only other thing is to consider microdermabrasion followed my a mild (age appropriate) glycolic peal. I do this about 3 times a year (and botox, which I've had twice now but will be getting again) and it makes my skin noticeably better.

People now actually comment on how well my skin looks, and I had real problem skin growing up, so its quite the turnaround.

There is a limit to how effective over the counter creams can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Keep well-hydrated by drinking good pure water, and massage your forehead with a drop of diluted lavender oil to de-stress and relax your muscles. Cheap and effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Speedwell wrote: »
    Keep well-hydrated by drinking good pure water, and massage your forehead with a drop of diluted lavender oil to de-stress and relax your muscles. Cheap and effective.

Sound advice, another cheap oil is Vit E oil applied after your night moisturiser to lock in moisture.

• Advertisement

mrsberries wrote: »
    ................ A good moisturiser that includes hyaluronic acid (Eurcerin do a reasonable one or you can buy a serum for your moisturiser - Hydraluron by Indeed Labs) really helps. Also, a dewy effect foundation will soften their appearance too or one of those glowy primers ( I love the Pixi or Charlotte Tilbury ones) :)

I forgot to tell you I use Monsia Skincare and that the toner and day & night moisturisers contain hyaluronic acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

any product with Retinol - or a cheaper option ask a dermatologist to prescribe Retin-a

Retinol products vary in strength

redermic r is a good one to start with and see how you tolerate it then maybe get the paulas choice 1%

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

I love the Elemis range. Usually found in spas and can be expensive to buy to I find work well with my combination skin. They have a lovely cleaning balm and moisturiser. It's the Pro collagen range. Hard to completely get rid of fine lines.

Well laurenceltic what have you chosen to do it would be nice to know whether any of our suggestions have helped you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I'll be 50 this year, and I am coming to the conclusion that there are only two really effective ways to avoid getting wrinkles. The first is to be morbidly obese, and the second is suicide. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement