Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-standard house insurance

Options
  • 20-02-2016 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Renewal date for our home insurance is coming up, and our insurance company wants to raise prices again, over the top as usual. I've been shopping around and have had quite a reasonable quote (for timber frame house with timber cladding) from OBF insurances. Anyone had any good/bad experience with them? Thanks for any insights!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Wife has professional indemnity with them, good to deal with.Who is the underwriter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I can't see it. Is it a hidden bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

snubbleste wrote: »
    I can't see it. Is it a hidden bargain?

Probably is if you've a woodframe house, have been given a high quote from your existing insurer and are looking to see who can give you a better quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 flugus

Underwriter is "certain underwriters at Lloyds' ".

Current insurers are trying to take about € 700 off us. They try this every year and I usually manage to beat them down to about € 650. OBF are offering € 420, as far as I can see the policy details appear to be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

flugus wrote: »
    Renewal date for our home insurance is coming up, and our insurance company wants to raise prices again, over the top as usual. I've been shopping around and have had quite a reasonable quote (for timber frame house with timber cladding) from OBF insurances. Anyone had any good/bad experience with them? Thanks for any insights!

Try chrome insurance(Zurich),I did ,vv happy,2 nd cheapest, but best package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 flugus

Thanks everyone for your input. I will be going to OBF. Tried to contact Chrome, but they didn't get back to me.

Advertisement