Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have pet names for your kids?

Options
  • 20-02-2016 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Even though my kids have your everyday names on their birth certs - we hardly ever use them. Instead we've pet names that get used by EVERYONE.

My 3 boys are "Des" "Spinner" and " The Package". In fact my youngest - when asked- tells people he's called The Package.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes. Gaggy, Smoogie and Melon for the girls. The boy is Lukey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Son is Boo or Boo Boo :)
    Daughter is Chick or Chica :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Abba-Babba-Licious and Cwaire-Beawr-Onomous.

I kid you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yup, the eldest is "Sausage Roll" (husband called her that before she was born after my cravings, seemed to stick even though she is skinny as a whippet) and The toddler is "Judge Dredd"... Similar personality to a lot of toddlers. We'd all be executed at this stage if she was tall enough to manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

I have General names I call all kids including my own.

Hun, huni, pet, pidgeon (as in you poor pidgeon), darling.... all I can think of right now ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Ye I have a few and also funny versions or rhymes of their own names.

Lately though, I keep accidently making an amalgamation of their two names when I am speaking to one of them or I sometimes replace the first letter of one of their names with the first letter of the other child's name. I am fairly sleep deprived at the moment though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

My pet names tend to escalate. So started as chicken, then chicken nugget and now it's chicken nugget happy meal.
    Or
    What started as sausage is now sausage and egg mcmuffin.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I call my little guy 'pumpkin' he seems to like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

To be honest - no. I gave my son his name after he was born, registered and baptised him with that name and that name will stay with him for the rest of his days (unless he changes it by deed poll). I like his name, I'm assuming he likes his name and I don't feel the need to call him anything else.
    I might say Pet the odd time but that's when I'm trying to comfort him.
    My husband sometimes refers to him as Junior but that's when they are having a bit of banter as my son responds by calling him Senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

We have pineapple! when I was pregnant we didn't know what we were having and didn't like saying it, I had the what to expect app and it compares size of baby to fruit at different points and when it got to pineapple it kinda stuck!! she actually responds to it now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

You little sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Number one and number two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My baby is Ted or Baby Ted - he's 17 ! :D:D
    Someone actually thought his name was ted and called him that for ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

ainy wrote: »
    had the what to expect app and it compares size of baby to fruit at different points and when it got to............

Kumquat!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

ainy wrote: »
    I had the what to expect app and it compares size of baby to fruit at different points and when it got to pineapple it kinda stuck!! she actually responds to it now!!

Hah, I'm 28 weeks pregnant and using that app too. My mother in law has been calling our baby sweetpea for weeks now because of it. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

varies between Mayhem, Mr. Mayhem, Monkey, Monkey Moo and boo boo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Ya I have the warrior and we call the young lad the weasel reflects there personally have to stop calling them that not great names going forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My little silly billy, Petit Bilou, Petit bout'chou (little bitty cabbage! :) ), Liamy Beemy

Oh and my husband's family (who are French) nicknamed him "O'Flanagan" when I was pregnant because "it sounded Irish!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I don't call them this but mine call each other by their own name followed by 'bag' so (not real names) marybag stevebag rachbag etc

Advertisement