Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Planning / Developments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Originally posted by mickmmc - It has been confirmed in this week's North County Leader that a Men's Shed will be built on the part of the land retained by the developer
    This is great news ,a great addition to the community infrastructure in Swords and the surrounding area's.
    And as mickmmc points out , F.C.C can indeed insist on such right of way's as part of an planning application,whether it be for public footpath's or road's etc,which is why ye might have noticed I complained about planning permission's granted in Rush,where for some weird reason F.C.C did't think foot paths were necessary.
    It's too warm this evening too mention Park Rd and the boreen up to St Maur's Gaa club in Rush,it's scandalous that the council still has not provided a decent road and footpath to this major community centre in Rush.
    If it was private property with public access , health and safety would be all it,but because its in the public domain and under F.C.C ,like the beach's God knows when it will be done ... I won't give out again today,I'm off up Ardgillian to get a cooling breeze n maybe sneek a shifty half in Joe May's when the boss ain't looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

dslamjack wrote: »
    Well by all accounts what was being washed up does not bear thinking about,and I've been thinking you compare a major project like ''Eirgrid'' with the fiasco that the Portrane waste water treatment has become,at least when the''Eirgrid'' project was started it was finished ,just like the modular housing,what is it with these over paid incompetent sap's that they can't start a project without it taking a generation or two to complete.
    If we're waiting on the same crowd to provide social housing,frogs will be doing algebra and Sky will be doing ad free channel's,and the members of the Dail will give back their wages and pension's for claiming money under false pretences before a single house is built,and even then it will take a lotto win to own one.
    Maybe we need an elected Lord Mayor or County Manager with the ability to hire n fire at will, like a D Trump or Micheal O' Leary on steroid's to get these things done.
    Either way the day trippers and tourist's that crawled the medieval road system to get too ,our beautiful beach's must have been disgusted at what was been washed up.
    I've all ready contacted our local Lusk councillor this morning,apart from any thing else it destroy's all the hard work and effort put in by all the local volunteers and business's, that try their best to keep our county clean and tidy --- its just not acceptable in this day and age for anybody to pollute the environment ,let alone a local government authority that has sat on it's back side,while the EPA looks the other way.
    If it were a farmer or trawler or business responsible for such mass pollution, the full weight of the law and financial penalties would be brought to bear,but because its a local authority it can pollute at will and indefinitely .. I'll be contacting a few other rep's as well ,for all's it's worth,at least you can say you did.

Fingal FB Page ,,,, https://www.facebook.com/fingalcoco/
    people are still picking periwinkles off the beaches in Skerries - wonder who will be eating them????

Originally posted by cbreeze --- people are still picking periwinkles off the beaches in Skerries - wonder who will be eating them????

I had only seen cbreeze's post ,when I copped below on breaking news .. this is one mixed up country ... if this was France ,crowd's would be hammering on the door's of the glass palace in Swords.
    Fingal County Council has issued a precautionary warning about swimming at three north Dublin beaches, due to a risk of pollution.
    Last night's heavy rain has led to a short term overflow at a pump station in Portmarnock.
    Beach users are being warned to avoid swallowing or splashing water and washing hands before handling food

The ABOVE taken from a news article on Breaking news .... Mr Paul Reid ,the boss of F.C.C needs to call in some of his management and ''engineer's'' and sack some of their useless desk jockey back side's in the morning ... what are these so called ''professionals'' being paid for ... either they should go or he should ... F.C.C .. Enough is enough ... full article here ... www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/precautionary-warnings-over-pollution-issued-on-three-north-dublin-beaches-738875.html

This week's planning application's , a lot of new permissions granted for housing development's in Balbriggan ,Donabate and Malahide ,at just a quick glance .... https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-08-06-2016-10871

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

I had only seen cbreeze's post ,when I copped below on breaking news .. this is one mixed up country ... if this was France ,crowd's would be hammering on the door's of the glass palace in Swords.

The ABOVE taken from a news article on Breaking news .... Mr Paul Reid ,the boss of F.C.C needs to call in some of his management and ''engineer's'' and sack some of their useless desk jockey back side's in the morning ... what are these so called ''professionals'' being paid for ... either they should go or he should ... F.C.C .. Enough is enough ... full article here ... www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/precautionary-warnings-over-pollution-issued-on-three-north-dublin-beaches-738875.html

If only we had a national body, made up of private sector experts to design build and maintain our national water infrastructure that were not behove to the wishes of Local Councillors or Political Pressure. This Body could manage our Waste Water system in a Polluter pays system then charge the users a quarterly fee for the provision and long term maintenance of such services...

Oh wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

McAlban wrote: »
    If only we had a national body, made up of private sector experts to design build and maintain our national water infrastructure that were not behove to the wishes of Local Councillors or Political Pressure. This Body could manage our Waste Water system in a Polluter pays system then charge the users a quarterly fee for the provision and long term maintenance of such services...

Oh wait...

Ah there you are Ms Arnette..........you've been very quiet lately.:D

martinn123 wrote: »
    Ah there you are Ms Arnette..........you've been very quiet lately.:D

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you confusing me with another user? A quick view of my other posts will show my interest in the need for better public infrastructure. Mostly public transport but extendinG to all public needs

My point was if IW got on with what they were set up to do this issue would be improved. Not resolved maybe but taken away from unaccountable county managers and councillors

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

taken away from unaccountable county managers and councillors
    How accountable are the Irish water people? Can we get rid of them? Are they not already responsible for the weekends pollution, and the second sewage spill on Monday at Baldoyle?

How accountable are the Irish water people? Can we get rid of them? Are they not already responsible for the weekends pollution, and the second sewage spill on Monday at Baldoyle?

I'm not sure of the cause of the first incident? But I would say the planned infrastructure upgrades to be done by IW would mitigate such incidents, If IW hadn't put in a new Pumping Station in Balbriggan, we may have had the same issue as Portmarnock with the sudden downpour on Monday Night causing overflowing there too.

Charging for Water is another issue, discussed ad infinitum elsewhere, but a single body legally responsible for designing and maintaining the infrastructure is the right way to go. It's just unfortunate the waste water system was allowed to deteriorate to where it is now.

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you confusing me with another user?

Sorry, poor joke,

• Advertisement

I'm not sure of the cause of the first incident? But I would say the planned infrastructure upgrades to be done by IW would mitigate such incidents, If IW hadn't put in a new Pumping Station in Balbriggan, we may have had the same issue as Portmarnock with the sudden downpour on Monday Night causing overflowing there too.

Charging for Water is another issue, discussed ad infinitum elsewhere, but a single body legally responsible for designing and maintaining the infrastructure is the right way to go. It's just unfortunate the waste water system was allowed to deteriorate to where it is now.
    You haven't answered my point about accountability.
    We can get rid of elected representatives.
    We can't get rid of IW directors, staff, subcontractors - mostly FCC

They are unaccountable, like the directors of county councils.

going off topic here a bit...

Many of Our Current Elected representatives were elected based on opposition to IW, Ok my original somewhat tongue in cheek / sarcastic post was maybe pointing out that the irony is that IW are more accountable to their customers than elected representatives are to their constituents? And Watching Social Media over the last few days it strikes me as amazing that a lot of people who are pretty entrenched in opposition to IW or at least water charges, are also the most vocal in criticising the council for the situation at hand. It's typically Irish and altogether frustrating.

Believe me, I went up to Bettystown on Monday morning, it was half deserted once you went a distance from the car park and as my OH pointed out, couldn't believe how clean it is. I am often dismayed at the state of Donabate / Skerries / Balbriggan etc. But it's not just effluent and detritus but the general ignorance of the public in seemingly thinking that someone else patrols the beach to collect their rubbish.

I will hound councillors (and TD's) over such issues, not only at beaches but for Rubbish anywhere.

IW are legally responsible for the waste water system, is Paul Reid? Is David O'Connor? Malachy Quinn Retweeted all the alerts but not one comment on the situation..

The whole issue is one sorry mess,one way or the other either F.C.C or I.W or both are the county's biggest polluters.
    A really Irish state of affairs,when both are ''supposedly'' charged with protecting the environment and the civil infrastructure that goes with it, the politicians can pay for both I.W and F.C.C with all the tax take ,let alone the property tax and U.S.C.
    Either way , the whole sorry mess in Portrane should have been completed in 2008,8 year's on and the moron's are still talking about it,which is why I compared it to Eirgrid.
    At the end of the day , it to basically run a pipeline over greenfield site's ,like they do with the gas , esb etc , christ how hard can it be,it's nearly 20 years since it was first talked about, and actually should have been built long before the septic tiger took off or a housing estate was built in F.C.C,if our councillors had't been up to other less community oriented practice's.

Actually around mid April ,I was down at the harbour in Rush with the mutt and got talking to a local senior gentleman, and was he spitting fire , at the time their were 6 or 7 trawlers very close in to the beach and harbour , dredging for Razorfish he was saying.
    He was cursing the fact they were dredging in the first place , fxcf pirates n vandal's he called them, he reckoned the damage the dredge's do to the seabed is beyond printing here.
    And to round it all off he say's , the shagging Razorfish are filled with the sewage F.C.C has been pumping in to the sea a few hundred yard's away .. all I can say is thank god I don't eat Razorfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

what sewage spill in baldoyle?

neris wrote: »
    what sewage spill in baldoyle?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/fingal-county-council-issues-warnings-over-three-beaches-1.2675950

I'm surmising the discharge is into the Mayne river/estuary, as the GDD scheme was to pump from the outfall here to the new plant when they were talking about having it in Lusk.
    So maybe Its in Portmarnock or Howth rather than Baldoyle.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/fingal-county-council-issues-warnings-over-three-beaches-1.2675950

I'm surmising the discharge is into the Mayne river/estuary, as the GDD scheme was to pump from the outfall here to the new plant when they were talking about having it in Lusk.
    So maybe Its in Portmarnock or Howth rather than Baldoyle.

theres a pumping station in sutton just off from the baldoyle estuary where the mayne river flows into. between silting in howth harbour and sewage "leaks" up along the whole fingal coast its becoming a joke of a place for any thing water based

Portmarnock beach '' Do Not Swim'' due to sewage pollution.

Joins Skerries,Rush, Balbriggan and Loughshinny, so far this year.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fifth-dublin-beach-closed-due-to-sewage-pollution-during-the-hottest-week-of-the-year-34787230.html

Not good for tourism, in the area.

I see from an article in this week's Fingal Indo,the council talking about providing more Modular housing ''quickly'' (probably 2/3 year's) in Brackenstown,Sword's and Donabate.
    The council aims to deliver 1,376 new social homes for people on Fingal's lengthy social housing list in a number of way's by the end of 2017, Modular homes form only a small part of the solution to the county housing crisis.
    There are also sites in Rivermeade, Rolestown and Stockhole are among those being considered for traditional-build social housing,and Castlelands in Balbriggan ,Hacketstown in Skerries.
    Looking at the site in Lusk,where 90 house's are to be built by the council nothing has been done for 6 month's.
    The construction industry seem's to have slowed down on the new build side,obviously (and who can blame them for a change) waiting to see what the new Government decide to do along with the central bank/mortgage situation still waiting to improve for first time buyer's.
    With the new government disappearing for the summer ,as usual without any new policy,the whole sorry mess will continue for at least another 6 month's.
    We can only hope that they sort out first time buyer's , because until this issue is tackled ,the rental/housing crisis will continue unabated.
    As I said above some where if we are to wait for local council's to solve the housing crisis,it would be cheaper to give everybody on the housing list a guaranteed 250/300 k state loan (akin to the bank deal's) than wait for the council's to provide the solution.

between all the dublin councils and the talk of social & modular housing are we not in reality looking at modern day council estates the equivilants of what were better built back in the 60s, 70s & 80s but led to a lot of social problems in some area??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Houses cost too much money. That's what all this 'crisis' is telling you. But politicians like Noonan, fianna fail etc. don't want to hear that. So if we have a minister of housing he can make it all get better.

What you both say is right , looking at the situation ,decent planning seem's to have stopped back in the late 50's.
    When you look at what happened with the septic tiger ,council's washed their hand's of decent planning and building control.
    Council's do not want to know about social housing ,the cost's, the maintenance etc, when thing's went south ,the council seemed to think , building and the population went with them.
    You would have thought (being logical - I know) that council's would have spent the last few year's navel gazing and you know,trying to learn from their horrendous past histories in the planning / housing area's and at least preparing to learn and provide for the future after learning from the mistake's of the past.
    Well obviously not,and if it were the case , modular housing site's as well as social build's would have been site ready and just awaiting finance and the go-ahead to build.
    Considering a basic sewage scheme is still awaiting completion after 20 year's,I think at this stage all planning and housing responsibilities,should at least be put in the hand's of a national housing or infrastructure agency.
    In relation to local council's , what exactly do we need them for? as every thing they where responible for seem's to keep getting out sourced to the private sector and costing us more too boot.
    I know another qango,but even the out going Alan Kelly ,said as much,even with a new ''minister for housing'',what does that mean,it will be near year's end before Mr Coveney after 6 month's of doing absolutely nothing,will even issue the new government's solution or new policy on the whole sorry situation.

In a way we should be grateful that Fingal escaped the worst excess's of Dublin's concrete jungle,they would have levelled the Dublin mountain's and started filling in the Irish sea if they could.
    It will again come down to local people , so in a way those who complain and get up off their back side's to protect their neighbourhood's are right.
    As usual,quick solutions are being foisted upon people ,instead of as I said above well thought out ,future proofed housing/business and transport solution's as a mean's of serving the county's need's.
    Christ,they have to bring individual project's to local area committee's for their approval now,(project's as I said that above should be site's ready to go - now)what have all the various planning department's being doing,sitting with their head's stuck in their filing cabinet's, because the money for their planning junket's had dried up,and that they couldn't trawl the UK and Europe for the worst social housing experiment's they could find and pass them off as their own idea's while turning our suburb's in to ghetto's and concrete jungle's.
    Year's ago minister's were actually feared - today we have washed up useless spin doctor's ,maybe it's time to start electing the minister's or candidate's directly to the various department's ---- irregardless of who the useless political party they belong too is -- maybe just maybe some thing might get done.

Weekly Planning Alert issued by Fingal County Council

WEEKLY PLANNING ALERT ISSUED BY FINGAL COUNTY COUNCIL ... https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-13-06-2016-10923

Nothing spectacular to report

Weekly Planning Alert issued by Fingal County Council

WEEKLY PLANNING ALERT ISSUED BY FINGAL COUNTY COUNCIL ... https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-13-06-2016-10923

Nothing spectacular to report

30 houses planned for the road beside the park just past the bridge in Rush

30 houses planned for the road beside the park just past the bridge in Rush
    Fair play Carawaystick .. had't noticed that one ,must be my commitment's to international affair's that distracted me.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F16A/0024

http://fusion.fingalcoco.ie/LocalView/Sites/Planning/?layers=layer3:1&identifyitem=layer2:2:PLANNING_REFERENCE:%27F16A/0024%27

With these house's being built and possible extra traffic/footfall on Park Rd ,maybe the council might see it's way to completing the road across to Palmer Rd.

At least the old house/outbuilding will be gone .. https://www.google.com/maps/place/53%C2%B031'27.8%22N+6%C2%B009'52.9%22W/@53.5250426,-6.0980602,3a,60y,358.74h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjYuruMznlT3pvIwHYT9Pdw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d53.5243889!4d-6.1646944?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone know what the co co have planned for the land opposite Kenure Park in Rush and the likelihood of the council going ahead with those plans?

Originally posted by billyhead -- Does anyone know what the co co have planned for the land opposite Kenure Park in Rush and the likelihood of the council going ahead with those plans?
    billyhead use the link below to zoom in on the site in Kenure you are interested in and click on the site ,the planning info will pop up ...
    http://fusion.fingalcoco.ie/LocalView/Sites/Planning/?layers=layer3:1&identifyitem=layer2:2:PLANNING_REFERENCE:%27F16A/0024%27

This week's planning application's - permission granted for construction of 5 no 1 and 1/2 storey 4 bedroom detached houses on the Hearse Rd in the centre of the village in Donabate ... http://fusion.fingalcoco.ie/LocalView/Sites/Planning/?layers=layer3:1&identifyitem=layer2:2:PLANNING_REFERENCE:%27F16A/0179%27
    https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-21-06-2016-11006

Also on the Forrest Rd in Swords ... Construction of 6 No two storey houses comprising 1 No 5 Bed Detached House, 4 No. 4 Bed Semi-Detached/Terraced Houses and 1 No 3 Bed Terraced House ... http://fusion.fingalcoco.ie/LocalView/Sites/Planning/?layers=layer3:1&identifyitem=layer2:2:PLANNING_REFERENCE:%27F16A/0060%27

Also permission given for the continuation of quarrying in Feltrim

This week's full list here .... https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-21-06-2016-11006

• Advertisement

A new brewing house at the rear of the old schoolhouse in Sword's , revision of permission at Glen Ellan Rd ,Swords to include Revisions to approved development (Reg. Ref. F11A/0436), to omit 7 two bedroom apartments in a 3-storey plus penthouse block, 5 three bedroom triplex units and 2 two bedroom duplex units and now provide 2 four bedroom 3-storey houses, 4 one-bedroom apartments and 10 two bedroom apartments in a 3-storey plus penthouse block and a 253 sq.m. crèche. The development includes 28 no. car parking spaces.
    More new housing adjacent to Somerton in Donabate to include
    Residential development of 44 no. two storey detached and semi-detached dwellings (9 no. 4 bed dwellings and 35 no. 3 bed dwellings) with associated car parking, connection to and utilisation of existing internal Somerton access road, nothing earth shattering apart from that ... full list here ... https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-28-06-2016-11079

Advertisement