Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Planning / Developments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Weekly Planning Alert issued by Fingal County Council

WEEKLY PLANNING ALERT ISSUED BY FINGAL COUNTY COUNCIL .... https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-06-07-2016-11136

Nothing spectacular to report

This weeks planning applications -- more new housing at Seabrook in Rush and Forrest Rd in Swords,also a new clubhouse for Balbriggan Rugby Club .. http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F16A/0075

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F16A/0221

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F16A/0060

I usually only keep an eye from Balbriggan down to Portmarnock and across to Oldtown as their are so many applications on any given week,apart from that nothing out of the way to report,apart from more congestion planned for Station Rd in Portmarnock ... http://www.gazettegroup.com/news/consent-granted-for-121-houses/

This week's Fingal planning applications..https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-02-08-2016-11386 .
    The Lusk village development has been given the go ahead with permission granted on the 28th July .. to comprise .. Full Development Description

The demolition of all existing buildings and structures, including 2 no. dwellings to facilitate the comprehensive redevelopment of a site measuring approximately 7.2ha in extent. The proposed mixed use development is arranged in seven blocks ranging in height from single storey to 3-storeys and comprising of 154 no. new dwellings (terraced, semi-detached, detached and apartments), to include 67 x 2 bedroom dwellings, 79 x 3 bedroom dwellings and 8 x 4 bedroom dwellings and a total of 12,320 sq.m. of non-residential floor space, comprising of an Anchor Retail Store of 4,324 sq.m., Discount Food Store of 1,660 sq.m., Retail units totalling1,044sq.m. (inclusive of 136 sq.m. of Petrol Filling Station Shop); Food and Drink/Retail Services Units totalling 1,828 sq.m. (including 2 no. Hot Food Take Away units); and Non-Retail Services uses of 3,026 sq.m. In addition to the above, a Drive-Thru Restaurant of 258 sq.m.; Crèche of 438 sq.m.; Gym/Fitness Centre of 1,521 sq.m. and Petrol Filling Station fronting Station Road, all with ancillary car parking provision and the provision of new vehicular and pedestrian accesses onto the site from Saddlers Place, Scholars Walk, Joyces Road, Norsemans Walk and Raheny Lane together with new vehicular and pedestrian accesses onto the site from Station Road; all associated works; landscaping and infrastructure services provision (including alterations to the layout at Saddler's Place to provide sub-surface attenuation tank).
    Also the demolition of num 27 Min St Sword's with permission for 12 apartment's .. apart from that nothing else to report,in the north eastern part of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Not overly familiar with Lusk but does it need a big shopping centre/area and a drive thru?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

neris wrote: »
    Not overly familiar with Lusk but does it need a big shopping centre/area and a drive thru?

My daughter moved to Lusk earlier this year, and I'd say it definitely does. The population has risen sharply in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The population was 7k in the last census, there's another ~ 600 in the housing in this planning application, & the Forge and other new housing should top 8k this census.
    No discount store in Rush will draw some custom also.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

dslamjack wrote: »
    This week's Fingal planning applications..https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-02-08-2016-11386 .
    The Lusk village development has been given the go ahead with permission granted on the 28th July .. to comprise .. Full Development Description

The demolition of all existing buildings and structures, including 2 no. dwellings to facilitate the comprehensive redevelopment of a site measuring approximately 7.2ha in extent. The proposed mixed use development is arranged in seven blocks ranging in height from single storey to 3-storeys and comprising of 154 no. new dwellings (terraced, semi-detached, detached and apartments), to include 67 x 2 bedroom dwellings, 79 x 3 bedroom dwellings and 8 x 4 bedroom dwellings and a total of 12,320 sq.m. of non-residential floor space, comprising of an Anchor Retail Store of 4,324 sq.m., Discount Food Store of 1,660 sq.m., Retail units totalling1,044sq.m. (inclusive of 136 sq.m. of Petrol Filling Station Shop); Food and Drink/Retail Services Units totalling 1,828 sq.m. (including 2 no. Hot Food Take Away units); and Non-Retail Services uses of 3,026 sq.m. In addition to the above, a Drive-Thru Restaurant of 258 sq.m.; Crèche of 438 sq.m.; Gym/Fitness Centre of 1,521 sq.m. and Petrol Filling Station fronting Station Road, all with ancillary car parking provision and the provision of new vehicular and pedestrian accesses onto the site from Saddlers Place, Scholars Walk, Joyces Road, Norsemans Walk and Raheny Lane together with new vehicular and pedestrian accesses onto the site from Station Road; all associated works; landscaping and infrastructure services provision (including alterations to the layout at Saddler's Place to provide sub-surface attenuation tank).
    Also the demolition of num 27 Min St Sword's with permission for 12 apartment's .. apart from that nothing else to report,in the north eastern part of the county.

Looking at the Fingal Planning site no permission has been granted but a 3 month extension to Nov 16
    Application Reference: F15A/0565
    Decision of Fingal County Council: GRANT TIME EXT (3 months) AI
    Decision Date: 28-Jul-2016
    Extension of time to (if applicable): 07-Nov-2016

Thank's for that - jwwb -
    Application Reference: F15A/0565
    Decision of Fingal County Council: GRANT TIME EXT (3 months) AI
    Decision Date: 28-Jul-2016
    Extension of time to (if applicable): 07-Nov-2016
    I did't cop the extn .. I know the council wanted a raft of changes to the original spec's proposed,but it made no mention of them receiving the submission's from the developer.
    I apologise if I gave misleading information,it was not my intention to do so,and I forgot to include a link to the planning application .. here .. http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F15A/0565

I apologise if I gave misleading information,it was not my intention to do so,and I forgot to include a link to the planning application .. here .. http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F15A/0565

No worries on that. I was shocked that it had been given permission without any changes which is why I did some digging.

Whatever about the other elements 3 junk food emporia is far too many. Probably the old ask for 3 and you might get 1 play by the developer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,885 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I just came across this free handy site/App that give's Alerts and a weekly Planning Alert from F.C.C... https://www.mapalerter.com/councils/fingal/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-23-01-2016-6141 and an example of a planning alert here ...https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-29-03-2016-6687

its useful to follow planning applications, rather then having to think to look and scan throughs reems of them. If you sign-up here http://www.fingal.ie/news-and-events/fingalalerts/latest-alerts/ it will send you planning applications with 2km, although most are just minor house extensions. there arn't that many emails or planning applications but I really don't need to know about somebody getting an extra room done just under 2km away, it would be great if the app split plans by size or type eg private/public/corporate and then you would only see the small ones very much close to you and the larger as they get further away even over 2km away and possibly all big public ones in Fingal. Although I think there's a lack, or inconsistant data in the planning files headers to do that it would perfect the app.

although this was a cracker, http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F16A/0249, "Artist Studio" cabin in Sutton back garden alleged to have being advertised on Airbnb. which is then denied but council refused retention because owner wasn't clear about what it was used for :/

• Advertisement

Originally posted jwwb- by Whatever about the other elements 3 junk food emporia is far too many. Probably the old ask for 3 and you might get 1 play by the developer
    A lot of truth in what you say , they were only short of asking for a launch pad for the space shuttle .. knowing they would get whittled down.
    Traffic on the main street and through Lusk Village is going to be an issue,considering traffic calming measures and traffic light's were introduced to stop rat run traffic to the Skerries rd.
    A service station fronting main street is going to do nothing for the look of main street either or the fact that it will be right opposite the entrance to Orlynn Pk.
    One thing Lusk is not short of is take -away's and chemist's,the village certainly does not require anymore,and most certainly we do not need a drive thru restaurant like Mc'Donald's in any shape or form.
    Their also seem's to be no provision for children in the shape of play/recreational area's for those going to live in the new home's,Lusk Village is not endowed with huge green area's for children to play in,which also bring's in the national and secondary school still waiting for expansion.
    In fairness to the council,they have asked for a very extensive list of changes from the developer's,so we will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Until the sewage treatment plant is in place and working and ample public amenities in place no development should be allowed.

There will be some changes to it but Fingal I hope get much stricter and insist on play grounds and the like for new estates. Take aways I think will ruin the lovely feel there is to Lusk.

You are quiet correct in every thing you say Leo,especially taking in to account the sewage problem,that destroyed our beach's,angling ,swimming etc this year.
    What's proposed is a total over development of the site ,in search of the fast buck,we can only hope that F.C.C planner's and Councillor's have learnt from their past sin's and atrocious record in these matter's and don't go and undo all the good work to date in the village.

LeoB wrote: »
    Until the sewage treatment plant is in place and working and ample public amenities in place no development should be allowed.

There will be some changes to it but Fingal I hope get much stricter and insist on play grounds and the like for new estates. Take aways I think will ruin the lovely feel there is to Lusk.

I thought Lusk is plumbed into Portrane sewage plant? The septic tanks on the ring road stink no more.
    It's just Rush that's left hanging by Irish water?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

neris wrote: »

Can't seem to find that on the map. Can you point me in the right direction please. OK sorry found it

I thought Lusk is plumbed into Portrane sewage plant? The septic tanks on the ring road stink no more.

From memory everything was being piped into Rush and then across the estuary.

Originally posted by jwwb -From memory everything was being piped into Rush and then across the estuary.
    The pipeline across the estuary was done ,but it stopped dead in it's track's and is still awaiting the final pipeline to Portrane.
    Their was a recent story in the Fingal Indo on the subject and lack of progress after all this time ... http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/rush-sewerage-project-remains-priority-for-iw-34719170.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

It effects us all. That plan for Lusk is simply crazy. It is way out of context. We will have lads lining their pockets and walking away while the local communities are left with the "crap) no pun intended, The mess.

The signs up around Lusk are spot on about infrastructure before development or something like it.

This week's planning applications .. https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-15-08-2016-11478
    148 new homes off the Naul rd in Balbriggan ... http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F15A/0550
    51 Apartments in Donabate at The Gallery, Turvey Walk, Off Turvey Avenue.
    Aldi - Seatown rd increasing parking and delivery/opening times ,, The amendment of the number of car park spaces from 67 to 77; the amendment of delivery times to Mon-Fri: 7am to 20:00 hours (8pm), Saturday: 07:00 (7am) to 20:00 hours (8pm), Sunday and Bank Holidays: 07:00 (7am) to 20:00 (8pm). The amendment of trading opening hours to: Mon-Fri 08:00 (8am) to 22:00 (10pm), Saturday: 08:00 (8am) to 21:00 hours (9pm), Sunday and Bank Holidays: 09:00 (9am) to 21:00 (9pm) .. http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F16A/0104
    Apart from that,nothing out of this world to report,anyway me lemonade is getting hot out on the sun deck and I'm seeing sun spots typing this,time for the Top Shop beer garden me think's,c ye now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

That Aldi proposal has some cheek! Didn't they only get the planning on the proviso that they wouldn't disrupt the school traffic?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Originally posted by pinkypinky -That Aldi proposal has some cheek! Didn't they only get the planning on the proviso that they wouldn't disrupt the school traffic?
    Afaik ,that is correct,But ,God only knows what the traffic will be like when all the houses's in St Columcilles Dr and Pk are demolished for apartment's and office's and that massive redevelopment take's place.
    I presume that was part of the reason of why Aldi built there.
    Their will also be a huge increase in traffic in a very confined all ready busy road and area,unless the council have plan's to make it all one way or have other idea's to go with the development of North st and the castle,along with the possibility of some day pedestrianisation of main street.
    I think at the end of the day it will make a bad traffic situation worse and will put people off going to Sword's at busy times,like what happen's when the Pavillion's are jammed with traffic.
    You would have though the council would have looked at what happened on the Rathbeale Rd and the effect Lidl has there,with traffic trying to get in and out of a very small site.
    No doubt,the council will argue that this traffic volume will decline with the opening of the other new Lidl at Pinnock Hill,somehow I doubt it.

This week's planning application's .. have to say I'm sorry,I'm up to my eye's so did't get a chance to read through them all fully in the north eastern sector .. apart from permission being granted for more new house's in Golden Ridge ,Rush(thought there were still house's unsold and lying vacant this year's there?) .. info here .. http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F16A/0280
    And permission for new house's in Lusk by the developer's of the Station Rd development adj to the Soccer Club and school's opposite Scholar's Walk being denied planning on the ground's of notice given .. info here .. http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F16A/0326 .. this week's full planning application's here ... https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-22-08-2016-11519

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

That map shows it as an application for houses up Raheny lane past the schools, rather than the Station road development. An extra 53 houses up there would be an absolute nightmare given the existing issues with traffic around school drop-off and collection times. It's the same development group, but a separate application.

I only copped that today,because the map info on the application was not displaying yesterday.
    I agree the road would need to be widened if nothing else and there was absolutely no thought given to parent parking etc by the school planner's or the council for that matter.
    Also if I'm not wrong both school's are looking for extension's or for the original build's to be completed and that's leaving out the new house's proposed and the Station rd development when that goes ahead,and all the extra pupil's that will bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stueymc

Has anyone noticed the new road that will join the Townparks Road (Skerries Ring Road if you like) to the Balbriggan Road is getting closer to completion? Does anyone know if the road at Barnageeragh will be widen to allow for the new junction, or even to allow better traffic flow? Is there a detailed plan of the junction anywhere on the Fingal website? On the development plan it just shows a "new" road joining the existing road. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I only copped that today,because the map info on the application was not displaying yesterday.
    I agree the road would need to be widened if nothing else and there was absolutely no thought given to parent parking etc by the school planner's or the council for that matter.
    Also if I'm not wrong both school's are looking for extension's or for the original build's to be completed and that's leaving out the new house's proposed and the Station rd development when that goes ahead,and all the extra pupil's that will bring.

There's significant work going on at the primary school. The current building is temporary, and the permanent building is now due to be built, and that involves changes to the layout of the roads and parking at both schools. The secondary school has also got approval for their extension, which was meant to be built about 3 years ago.

Thank's for that seagull,good news indeed for Lusk especially for the national school,who have been waiting year's for that extension.

Thank's for that seagull,good news indeed for Lusk especially for the national school,who have been waiting year's for that extension.

I think Seagull is talking about the existing educate together school building being temporary. It's going to be replaced with a new building. While existing national schools are in prefabs, and some consist only of prefabs...

It's good to see Lusk NS is getting it's extension built all the same.

ET building is now permanent

"After being told in early 2014 that the short-term location was now a long-term home, the board of the school — which had used the facility for the past six years to teach more than 200 children — reluctantly accepted the decision and sought an independent architect’s report to address issues such as the leaking roof and windows in its now permanent home"

• Advertisement

This week's planning application's ... https://www.mapalerter.com/latest/planning/item/fingal-county-council-planning-alert-14-09-2016-11723
    Nothing spectacular to report in the north eastern sector,not that I can see anyway.

Advertisement