Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creating a Business web site

Options
  • 20-02-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am starting a new business at the moment and am considering my options re business web site, as there seems to be a huge variety of options I am just looking for an suggestions on what road I should take.

Has anyone here used square space?

Are you best of hiring a professional to create a web site for you or should I have a go at creating one myself?

I spotted a great looking web site, I visited the creators site but found out they charge you every month, not sure why they do this, I had though it would be a one off payment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I spotted a great looking web site, I visited the creators site but found out they charge you every month, not sure why they do this, I had though it would be a one off payment.

The website will need to be hosted so there will definitely be an ongoing charge to be paid. The developers may also insist on you signing up to a service agreement with a monthly charge so that you don't keep asking them to do minor updates and expect it to be done for nothing 'because it will only take a few minutes'.

BTW, we're not allowed to discuss hosting services on boards so don't bother asking, buy an Irish PC or Internet magazine and you'll see listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

pgj2015 wrote: »

Can you link to that "Great looking website"? Curious to see what about it caught your attention :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement