Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milwall fans attack police officers...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I'm shocked that fans of Millwall would do such a thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

They'll never change. It seems to be too deeply ingrained into that club to be weeded out. Remember the s/f against Wigan back in 2013, when they started fighting one another? And of course they have a long charge sheet against their name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Grown men attacking one another at a football match is an utter embarrassment to mankind.
    Do they leave their "act like an adult" coats at the gate entrance or something,
    As the man says, "plikes!"
    /rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

blueser wrote: »
    They'll never change. It seems to be too deeply ingrained into that club to be weeded out.
    Good youth system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Milwall fans in scummy behaviour shocker eh

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Sure, what do you expect, it's Millwall. Just let them do what they like. Tis grand. It's far too deeply ingrained, there nothing can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sure, what do you expect, it's Millwall. Just let them do what they like. Tis grand. It's far too deeply ingrained, there nothing can be done.

Well that's a strange attitude, plenty can be done.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

A shortage of police officers there ! Is Fine Gael cutting Police numbers in England ! That Enda is some coooont !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

A few cops get their hats dislodged and it's time to express the oul outrage again, leave the Lions alone!!

You can bet if these were supporters of a higher profile club things would get messy in this here thread.

But for now let's continue with trivializing hooliganism. It's a mad laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bernard Black said it best....

"Millwall, Millwall, you're all really dreadful, and your girlfriends are unfulfilled and alienated."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Wouldn't see rugby fans behaving like that.

J. Marston wrote: »

"Millwall, Millwall, you're all really dreadful, and your girlfriends are unfulfilled and alienated."

Yeah, and look what happened him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In other related news.

Brunt hit by a coin from his own fans.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35622940

Few of the west brom fans dont look to happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Milwall be Milwallin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They do it because they get away with it, no way would they try this against the Turkish/Italian/Russian police, they'd be beaten to shite and rightly so

You can bet if these were supporters of a higher profile club things would get messy in this here thread.

But for now let's continue with trivializing hooliganism. It's a mad laugh.

I've seen worse violence on a GAA pitch during a match to be honest, makes that little squabble look like handbags. Enough of the outrage, please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

gimmick wrote: »
    Wouldn't see rugby fans behaving like that.

Rugby "fans" would be too busy taking selfies ir worried about ruining their hair ir make-up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

garra wrote: »
    A few cops get their hats dislodged and it's time to express the oul outrage again, leave the Lions alone!!

Seems to be very little in it, but fairly stupid behaviour either way to 'beat' them back into your only exit. If it was the Gardai I'm sure sneaky retribution would be meted out on their exit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Millwall never had fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

J. Marston wrote: »

They're all being filled by Leeds fans while they're off fighting at matches!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In other related news.

Brunt hit by a coin from his own fans.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35622940

Few of the west brom fans dont look to happy.
    I don't know if it is or not but throwing a coin at someone (that could potentially blind somebody in the eye) should be punishable by a sizeable prison sentence e.g. 5 Years.

blinding wrote: »
    I don't know if it is or not but throwing a coin at someone (that could potentially blind somebody in the eye) should be punishable by a sizeable prison sentence e.g. 5 Years.

What about a random punch outside your local pub tonight, which could result in a "1-punch" fatality, this is surely twice as dangerous as a coin thrown.. so 10 years for that I think. And then there's GBH, gotta be 15 yrs for that in comparison.. And what about drunk driving, you could wipe out a whole family coming the other way.. so 20 years for that, no?
    Oh wait, scratch all that, those things wouldn't specifically harm a PL footballer... :rolleyes:

I've seen worse violence on a GAA pitch during a match to be honest, makes that little squabble look like handbags. Enough of the outrage, please!

I've seen worse too. Doesn't excuse it though. That's terrible reasoning, 'I've seen worse, so it's permissible'.

I'm not outraged BTW, just calling it as I see it.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    They're all being filled by Leeds fans while they're off fighting at matches!

haha top bantz

What about a random punch outside your local pub tonight, which could result in a "1-punch" fatality, this is surely twice as dangerous as a coin thrown.. so 10 years for that I think. And then there's GBH, gotta be 15 yrs for that in comparison.. And what about drunk driving, you could wipe out a whole family coming the other way.. so 20 years for that, no?
    Oh wait, scratch all that, those things wouldn't specifically harm a PL footballer... :rolleyes:
    The Cowardliness of throwing a coin should be taken into account. A coward that throws a coin from a crowd is very unlikely to be the kind of person that is going to take the risk of getting a Punch back. I think that throwing a coin at some one in this manner should be treated the same whether its a footballer or not.

On the off chance that you are blinded by a coin throwing coward I hope you will be as understanding as you appear to be here.

The Cowardliness of throwing a coin should be taken into account. A coward that throws a coin from a crowd is very unlikely to be the kind of person that is going to take the risk of getting a Punch back. I think that throwing a coin at some one in this manner should be treated the same whether its a footballer or not.

On the off chance that you are blinded by a coin throwing coward I hope you will be as understanding as you appear to be here.

If that were to happen, I would happily see (with difficulty of course) the perpetrator do time. To award 5 year sentences for coin throwers in general, for what might happen (ie blinding), is a different matter.

If that were to happen, I would happily see (with difficulty of course) the perpetrator do time. To award 5 year sentences for coin throwers in general, for what might happen (ie blinding), is a different matter.
    Thats good. Would you agree that coin throwing is a very cowardly act and if there was the threat of a sizeable deterrent then its likely that the cowards would be much less likely to carry out this act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

There must be some sort of mistake here. If it was any other fans, I would have maybe had a few doubts, but Millwall? No. Definitely some sort of misunderstanding.

• Advertisement

Thats good. Would you agree that coin throwing is a very cowardly act and if there was the threat of a sizeable deterrent then its likely that the cowards would be much less likely to carry out this act.

Most acts of violence are cowardly acts, seldom are they carried out in a spirit of honest endeavour to right a wrong. Handing down lengthy prison sentences for offences at the minor end of the scale is unbalanced and unsustainable in a normal society, ask the 1% of Americans in prison or the handless thieves of Saudi for more info. Anyway wtf are we discussing, this belongs in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Just to be clear, this is a video of Milwall fans punching and kicking police officers in a football stadium, do you agree?

And if you agree that that is what is in the video, are you saying that the fans should not face punishment for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

What actually happened here? The video doesn't tell the story. Did the fans just randomly start attacking the police? The fans always get blamed for these incidents but it can be the brainless actions of police officers that put themselves in danger.

Policing of stadiums and football matches in general is really abysmal IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

glued wrote: »
    What actually happened here? The video doesn't tell the story. Did the fans just randomly start attacking the police? The fans always get blamed for these incidents but it can be the brainless actions of police officers that put themselves in danger.

Policing of stadiums and football matches in general is really abysmal IMO.

Policing of matches in the UK are 10 times better than Policing of games in Ireland but I agree with your post, No football hooligan would randomly attack Police and risk a conviction, has to be more to the story here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You do have to wonder why the town council's allow clubs like this to continue in their juristiction. What do clubs like Millwall (and others) actually bring to society? It would be better off if they were just liquidated.

If these were nightclubs they would be shut down.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Just to be clear, this is a video of Milwall fans punching and kicking police officers in a football stadium, do you agree?

And if you agree that that is what is in the video, are you saying that the fans should not face punishment for it?

It's hard to say from the grainy footage whether the fans actually landed any point scoring punches or kicks, not guilty on the first count your honour.

If they did land some decent shots, with no provocation, they should be punished - I never said they shouldn't. What's annoying is the level of vitriol & outrage reserved for foreign hooligans when we largely turn a blind eye to what happens up and down our own country on sports pitches and outside pubs. At least with the Millwall fans it can be predicted and localised to a degree, and is generally handlbags... it's the random violence that always results in serious injuries but of course its difficult to see that from your lofty perch on your high horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It's hard to say from the grainy footage whether the fans actually landed any point scoring punches or kicks, not guilty on the first count your honour.

I can see a few proper kicks thrown and landed. The punches aren't so clear. It doesn't look like clear evidence of a very dangerous attack, just a fight. Your description of it being a few cops getting their hats dislodged is idiotic. You could describe any unarmed fight that doesn't end up with someone on the ground that way if you wanted to pretend that a fight isn't a fight.
    If they did land some decent shots, with no provocation, they should be punished - I never said they shouldn't. What's annoying is the level of vitriol & outrage reserved for foreign hooligans when we largely turn a blind eye to what happens up and down our own country on sports pitches and outside pubs. At least with the Millwall fans it can be predicted and localised to a degree, and is generally handlbags... it's the random violence that always results in serious injuries but of course its difficult to see that from your lofty perch on your high horse.

What you are doing here is whataboutry. If you have an issue with people not giving out enough about some other incidents then just start a thread on those incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Why would people on a soccer forum be posting about random fights outside pubs?
    Anyway Millwall just being Millwall.

Advertisement