Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G home broadband using a mobile sim

Options
  • 20-02-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Can anyone tell me that if I use a mobile SIM that gives unlimited data will it work the same as a data only SIM that costs more for 60G

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

damian1250 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me that if I use a mobile SIM that gives unlimited data will it work the same as a data only SIM that costs more for 60G

Thanks in advance.

Unlimited never truly means unlimited.

It's like saying you can have this car in any colour, so long as it's in black....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 damian1250

Unlimited never truly means unlimited.

It's like saying you can have this car in any colour, so long as it's in black....

2Tb has to be better than 60Gb ?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

damian1250 wrote: »
    2Tb has to be better than 60Gb ?

Who's offering 2TB on mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Who's offering 2TB on mobile?

It's the allowance on 3's sims. Fair usage of 15gb but it shows up as 2tb. Never heard of anyone ever going over it, the 15gb isn't enforced so no charge until you hit 2tb.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

It's the allowance on 3's sims. Fair usage of 15gb but it shows up as 2tb. Never heard of anyone ever going over it, the 15gb isn't enforced so no charge until you hit 2tb.

the 15gb isn't enforced but if you're using heavy traffic and over 15gb, they can throttle your speed

Not sure if anyone has any practical experience of being throttled. I'd imagine you'd be a candidate for throttling if you're using AYCE as home broadband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

I've used over 300GB one month on my bill pay phone. The prepay sims are limited to around 15GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

inna981 wrote: »
    I've used over 300GB one month on my bill pay phone. The prepay sims are limited to around 15GB.

There not, that's just a fair usage allowance shows up a 2tb on prepay as well.

Advertisement