Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build advice

Options
  • 20-02-2016 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Guys,

Im currently a mac user but I was pondering getting a gaming pc. Im not looking for a top of the line rig, I'm primarily an xbox gamer. I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to play strategy again. The likes of Total War: Rome 2 are just too taxing on my mac.

I guess I would use it for RTS, MMO gaming and steam purchases ( of mostly the spontaneous sale variety). Because I have the xbox one I would be playing most AAA releases on that.

What kind of build do you think would be best? I don't want to go out and fork out money on hardware I don't need.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

An i5 with a decent card is about 800-900, an i3 machine can be gotten for about €600. Really depends how much you're willing to spend.

At that kind of money you're going to be outpacing the Xbox to be aware

Advertisement