Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

liamog wrote: »
    The one you're looking for is "000_State of Health" from the file Hyundai_Ioniq_EV_BMS_data.csv

I got it. Many thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

So is your battery health 100% :-)

So yes mine is at 100% with 35,000 Kms on the clock. I have attached the data from my car of all the available PID's for the Ionic just in case anyone wants to compare. We can also use this info as a way of tracking the cars overall performance going forward.456220.PNG456221.PNG456222.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ballylad

Guys,
    Weird thing happened today with the key for my ionic.
    I sat in the car as normal with the key in the centre console and pressed start I noticed that the green car symbol on the dash was not lit so I press the start button again and the orange car button with the key was now lit. I did not get key not detected message. Perfectly the car would not start despite many times switching off and switching back on again. I also got out of the car locked the car open the car and got back in again. The key fob what fine when locking and unlocking the car but it seemed like the car was not detecting the key fob in the car.
    Luckily for me I was at home so I fetched the spare key and the car started no problem. later when I came home I tried the old key and it worked.
    Has anyone come across this issue before thanks guys.

This happens to me when car is plugged in charging and I press the start button in error, start button light goes orange, then it won’t start or turn off or can the charger cable be disconnected. Have to pull Wire in booth to release charger and car can be turned off/on.

Hi Guys,

My car is going for its second service in a few weeks. Does anyone know what is involved? I asked the dealer and they dont know as there is no service schedule in the manual or the service book. They said they have to contact someone in Korea! Has anyone had this experience.

Many thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The manual contains a service schedule for Europe.

At 24 months/30,000km the service is similar to the 12 month/15,000km service except for the following

The Brake Fluid, and Climate Control Air filter should be replaced.
    Brake Pedal, Parking Brake, Driveshaft and Boots are inspected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Guys,

My car is going for its second service in a few weeks. Does anyone know what is involved? I asked the dealer and they dont know as there is no service schedule in the manual or the service book. They said they have to contact someone in Korea! Has anyone had this experience.

Many thanks

this was a random handy find from google as I was wondering the same myself for my first service....

http://www.epmooney.ie/web/Hyundai-IONIQ-Maintenance-Schedule/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Is there plans for a larger battery for the ionic now that the Kona will have a much bigger one?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

gar wrote: »
    Is there plans for a larger battery for the ionic now that the Kona will have a much bigger one?

I think Hyundai said no major changes to Ioniq line up in 2019. I'd say the Kona will be the focus

• Advertisement

I think Hyundai said no major changes to Ioniq line up in 2019. I'd say the Kona will be the focus
    Hyundai said the battery on the 2019 Ioniq will be tge same capacity @28kw

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jeremy_g

Hi,

I have tried all options and I can't seem to determine what should I do to be able to unlock the back doors.

I made sure child lock is not on, but still most of the times I seem to need to turn off the car (just unlocking the doors from the drivers door doesn't solve it) to be able to open the back doors.

As some might seem to find this as a good security feature I find it annoying especially when I carry passengers in the back and I just need to drop them somewhere.

Am I doing anything wrong? Anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you!

this was a random handy find from google as I was wondering the same myself for my first service....

http://www.epmooney.ie/web/Hyundai-IONIQ-Maintenance-Schedule/

Good find. I might book in to them for the service.
    My first service had updates to nav and car software. Rotate the tyres. I put a comprehensive list on this thread when I got it done, i think it was january. Anyway I remember it was free for sure

jeremy_g wrote: »
    Hi,

I have tried all options and I can't seem to determine what should I do to be able to unlock the back doors.

I made sure child lock is not on, but still most of the times I seem to need to turn off the car (just unlocking the doors from the drivers door doesn't solve it) to be able to open the back doors.

As some might seem to find this as a good security feature I find it annoying especially when I carry passengers in the back and I just need to drop them somewhere.

Am I doing anything wrong? Anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you!

Hi Jemery,

I think what your saying is that the back doors wont unlock until you turn off the car? Well this is not the case for me. I can press the button on the driver door and provided the child lock is not on , door can be opened while the car is on. Now there is a setting you can set that determines how the door auto locks. As far as I remember mine is set to lock when the car moves.
    Maybe a quick trip to the dealer might help?

Doc

Hi Jemery,

I think what your saying is that the back doors wont unlock until you turn off the car? Well this is not the case for me. I can press the button on the driver door and provided the child lock is not on , door can be opened while the car is on. Now there is a setting you can set that determines how the door auto locks. As far as I remember mine is set to lock when the car moves.
    Maybe a quick trip to the dealer might help?

Doc

Yes Doc, you're right, that is what I mean. Even though child lock is off and all doors unlocked you can't open the back doors from inside or from outside unless the car is off. :(

jeremy_g wrote: »
    Yes Doc, you're right, that is what I mean. Even though child lock is off and all doors unlocked you can't open the back doors from inside or from outside unless the car is off. :(

Thats mad. Mine is defo not like that. Have a play around with the settings using the steering wheel buttons, you know the settings on the dash. Ill have a play around with mine later today and come back to ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ballylad

Had a look at kona today as was interested in new kona ev, compared to my Ioniq I was very disappointed in space inside it.

Thats mad. Mine is defo not like that. Have a play around with the settings using the steering wheel buttons, you know the settings on the dash. Ill have a play around with mine later today and come back to ya

I'll try to check that. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ballylad wrote: »
    Had a look at kona today as was interested in new kona ev, compared to my Ioniq I was very disappointed in space inside it.

It's a small crossover, so the interior would be one or two sizes smaller than an Ioniq. Fine if you only have 2 kids, but too small if you have 3 :D

There is not alot of space in the back sure theres not. The ioniq is tight enough as it is and tge kona is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Its a Compact Crossover, based on i20 or i30

Ioniq is more like i40 size

• Advertisement

Ioniq estate with 60kwh battery would be ideal. Not a fan of the Kona interior compared to the ioniq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

What the various online articles were talking about there was the US 2019 model year Ioniq.... i.e. the one for sale right now.

While it's very possible that we won't see any upgrades to the Ioniq yet because of battery supply... 18 months ago it was most definitely on the cards.
    There were test mule Ioniqs wandering around with the 64kWh pack and the Niro and the Ioniq share a common platform design.

cros13 wrote: »
    What the various online articles were talking about there was the US 2019 model year Ioniq.... i.e. the one for sale right now.

While it's very possible that we won't see any upgrades to the Ioniq yet because of battery supply... 18 months ago it was most definitely on the cards.
    There were test mule Ioniqs wandering around with the 64kWh pack and the Niro and the Ioniq share a common platform design.

Looks like you're right about 2019 model: https://www.hyundainews.com/en-us/releases/2542

Ioniq is such a great car, bigger battery would be great

Ioniq 64kWh would win any long distance race versus any other EV (would still lose compared to most ICE though :p)

410km at 120km/h real speed
    hypermiling it could reach 1,000km - incredible stuff

Ioniq estate with 60kwh battery would be ideal. Not a fan of the Kona interior compared to the ioniq
    Agreed. The only thing atttactive about the kona is the bigger battery and thus range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Question for all you ioniq owners... I've been getting caught up in the Kona/Niro buzz but am wondering do I really need all that range. (Also never bought a new car and feel like I'm naturally allergic to that kind of thing :) - only owned 3 cars in 24 years of driving, like to buy 2-3 years old and keep for a long time)

My commute is tiny, 9km each way, and my only longer drives are regular trips from Limerick to Kilkenny. Sometimes day return trips.

It's pretty much 130km each way whatever route I take but I usually go minor roads, Limerick->Tipp town->Clonmel->Kilkenny means more opportunity for stops with two young kids.

Given that the max speed limit on my usual route is 100, with 130km each way what kind of range should I expect from the ionic? Year round? And consequently, how long would I need to granny charge at my destination to safely make it back?

My 05 Prius has done it's service, and more, and needs replacing soon. I've a light enough foot after driving the Prius for the last 11 years if that helps in your suggestions about range

My missus has a 24kwh leaf and I love driving it, so hoping to go 2 EV household. Alternative, with my very short work commute, is a 3 year old Outlander.

What do you guys think?

With your light foot Ioniq can easily do the 260km round trip on a good day in summer without charging, but not in winter

You mentioning granny charging at your destination though, you'd need about 4-5 hours charging (at 2.2kW on the granny cable) on a bad winters day to make it back. You say you stop regularly on your regional road trip though. Most towns have a few slow chargers that the Ioniq can charge at 7.2kW on. Half an hour on one of those in winter and you'll gain about 30km range

And obviously if there is a fast public charger somewhere on your route you will only need one 15 minute fast charge to get you home in winter

And there are 9 Ionity charging stations coming to Ireland (before the end of next year) that are a lot faster again than the public chargers. You will have to pay for these, but you are unlikely to have to wait for anyone else as there will be a minimum of 4 chargers at each station

Why don't you book yourself a 24h test drive in Ioniq and see how the trip feels in it?

Kona will only be sold as 64kWh in this country and it can easily do the round trip in all circumstances. It's going to be a good bit more expensive than Ioniq though and it is considerably smaller

Question for all you ioniq owners... I've been getting caught up in the Kona/Niro buzz but am wondering do I really need all that range. (Also never bought a new car and feel like I'm naturally allergic to that kind of thing :) - only owned 3 cars in 24 years of driving, like to buy 2-3 years old and keep for a long time)

My commute is tiny, 9km each way, and my only longer drives are regular trips from Limerick to Kilkenny. Sometimes day return trips.

It's pretty much 130km each way whatever route I take but I usually go minor roads, Limerick->Tipp town->Clonmel->Kilkenny means more opportunity for stops with two young kids.

Given that the max speed limit on my usual route is 100, with 130km each way what kind of range should I expect from the ionic? Year round? And consequently, how long would I need to granny charge at my destination to safely make it back?

My 05 Prius has done it's service, and more, and needs replacing soon. I've a light enough foot after driving the Prius for the last 11 years if that helps in your suggestions about range

My missus has a 24kwh leaf and I love driving it, so hoping to go 2 EV household. Alternative, with my very short work commute, is a 3 year old Outlander.

What do you guys think?

Overall it's a great car and should suit if you're willing to put in some extra work. There's a CCS fast charger in Cashel if your ok doing regional roads from Kilkenny to there on the way back. 20 minute stop and you should be fine to make it. Expect 200km in summer, 160km in winter (worst case scenario).

In terms of space the Ioniq is decent and nice to drive. I'd recommend booking as test drive as mentioned by Unkel. If it's an option to install a 7kw home charger at your destination in Kilkenny you'd have no issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

What do you guys think?

You sound like someone id hate to get stuck behind:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

cros13 wrote: »

That was said when they had no idea if they could sell the Ioniq....some people on here got crazy early deals

Now they can’t keep them in stock and price is in the clouds for new and second hand.....

Not a whisper about Ioniq 2018 with larger battery. I think it’s safe to say it won’t arrive in 2018 and I hardly see them messing the Kona numbers so 2020 which would be mid cycle would be my guess and probably the 39kWh pack in the Kona...the 64kWh would be too big I guess but I don’t know

• Advertisement

Thanks unkel and Johnnyjohnjohns.... Test drive booked on the Hyundai site. I'll give them a call later at the Limerick motor centre when they're open

Don't think a charger is an option at my parents, no driveway at theirs. But their parking spot is round the side of their house and I can throw a charging cable over the wall.

The CCS options are nil in Kilkenny and poor enough between here and there, Roscrea (out of service) and Cashel

Asked about granny charging to avoid the reliance on public fast chargers. I'll check the ecars app again for scps near my usual stops

Presumably you're staying with your parents for the guts of a day, so granny charging is perfect. Ioniq comes with a granny charger as standard.

unkel wrote: »
    Presumably you're staying with your parents for the guts of a day, so granny charging is perfect. Ioniq comes with a granny charger as standard.
    Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭zg3409

1. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WH
    2. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    3. zale - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171WH
    4. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    5. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    6. thelikelylad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171C
    7. woppers - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WX
    8. don't be at yourself - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    9. Ballylad - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171CW
    10. Coconut Joe - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    11. Macker - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181D
    12. Fermi - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172MO
    13. Johnnyjohnjohns - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 172D
    14. this.lad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172
    15. CarefulNow! - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    16. Moreilly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172KE
    17. Neleven - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172 WW
    18. DglFlyer -Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171 CE
    19. jeremy_g - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171WW
    20. miamee - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172D
    21. Cocolola - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172G
    22. RonanFarrell - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172G
    23. rgunning - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    24. Doc el brown - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172WW
    25. Fitz213 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    26. lafors - Ioniq BEV - - 181D
    27. squishey - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181D
    28. Ewan Hoosarmi - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 181?
    29. peaceboi - Ioniq BEV - Blazing Yellow - 171D
    30. ELM427 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171MH
    31. irishgrover - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181 G
    32. fricatus - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181
    33. zg3409 - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue 171 G (Dublin area)

Passed a white Ioniq northbound on the M11 between Bray and Dundrum today at around the 4-5PM mark, with its grill wrapped in glossy black, I think it was a 171. I had two waving 10 year old girls and a labrador in the back :D

Anyone in here?

Thanks unkel and Johnnyjohnjohns.... Test drive booked on the Hyundai site. I'll give them a call later at the Limerick motor centre when they're open

Don't think a charger is an option at my parents, no driveway at theirs. But their parking spot is round the side of their house and I can throw a charging cable over the wall.

The CCS options are nil in Kilkenny and poor enough between here and there, Roscrea (out of service) and Cashel

Asked about granny charging to avoid the reliance on public fast chargers. I'll check the ecars app again for scps near my usual stops

Follow up; been talking with Kieran in the Limerick motor centre. Quoted me 26,500 for on the road price for new Ioniq after 4k scrappage.

But also said he can't take an order as no stock available. Also no car available even for a test drive.

Bit snookered :(
    Unless anyone here has one in the Limerick area and wouldn't mind showing it off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

What is the maximum current draw the car takes from the 3.6kW charger? Does it max out at ~3.6kW or maybe something less?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

grogi wrote: »
    What is the maximum current draw the car takes from the 3.6kW charger? Does it max out at ~3.6kW or maybe something less?

Last time I checked the car was reporting 3.2kW from an ABL eMH1 unit. 10% energy loss? Need to get around to upping the unit to 7.2kW actually.

Lowest I've ever seen while charging was 1.6kW, granny cable from a rural supply.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Averaged about 6.45kW going into the battery from my 32A charger whilst tracking with TorquePro, puts the OBC at about 87.5% efficiency.

Plugging into a 16A charger should then do 16x230x0.875=3.22kW so yeah lines up with what thelikelylad saw.

• Advertisement

Not very scientific but herself came home this evening after a long trip with just 1% :eek:

Plugged it in and the car said 4:25 to full charge. 0.99*28/(4+25/60) = 6.3kW

(from my free 3.6kW ABL charger that I upgraded myself to 7.2kW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Not very scientific but herself came home this evening after a long trip with just 1% :eek:

Plugged it in and the car said 4:25 to full charge. 0.99*28/(4+25/60) = 6.3kW

(from my free 3.6kW ABL charger that I upgraded myself to 7.2kW)

Contrast that to my last trip to Wexford. Arrived at the outlaws with 2% remaining. Plugged in the granny cable and it told me 15:00 to charge to full :eek:

(0.98*28)/(15) = 1.83kW

Follow up; been talking with Kieran in the Limerick motor centre. Quoted me 26,500 for on the road price for new Ioniq after 4k scrappage.

But also said he can't take an order as no stock available. Also no car available even for a test drive.

Bit snookered :(
    Unless anyone here has one in the Limerick area and wouldn't mind showing it off?

Hyundai had paused production of the Ioniq to get the Niro out the door but it should be back in production now so hopefully supply will ease up. I'd contact the Dublin dealers if that's an option, one of them did mention a possible Ioniq when I was inquiring about the Kona. In terms of test drive Dublin dealers still have their demo cars I think.

Price is similar to what we got but also added leather seats for around €800 (Was glad of that when our son got car sick a few months ago). We were able to get a scrappage car from the dealer for €100 and then sold our own privately, a few others on here did the same but I'm not sure if it's still an option.

We moved from a 09, 2l Diesel costing about €3k-3.5k a year (Service, NCT, diesel and tax) to a new electric that has done 18,000km at a total cost of about €300 (Service, electricity and tax).

Hyundai had paused production of the Ioniq to get the Niro out the door but it should be back in production now so hopefully supply will ease up. I'd contact the Dublin dealers if that's an option, one of them did mention a possible Ioniq when I was inquiring about the Kona. In terms of test drive Dublin dealers still have their demo cars I think.

Hyundai produce the Ioniq and Kia produce the Niro, numbers for June show 1,807 Ioniq EV's in June (that's 7 over target) and 2,196 Kona EVs (against their target of 1,550 per month).

The FUD re Ioniq production numbers never ceases.

Hyundai produce the Ioniq and Kia produce the Niro, numbers for June show 1,807 Ioniq EV's in June (that's 7 over target) and 2,196 Kona EVs (against their target of 1,550 per month).

There's no FUD.
    I'm glad theres no plentiful supply as it does wonders for depreciation.

The fact that many posters recount here and elsewhere that no dealers have Ioniq EV or can take orders for them, would show the supply constraints. It's irrelevant to me if hyundai are making the cars or not, as they sell them mostly in korea anyway and not here. I couldnt get a new one that wasnt white a few months ago. Doesn't sound like much has changed in the interim.

We've had numerous reports of production stoppages on the Ioniq over the last 18 months.
    Apart from April and May, where production was 1200, and 1400, they've continually hit targets.

Dealers across the world reporting stoppages in production is FUD, fortunately we don't have to rely on dealer rumours as Hyundai publish monthly figures.
    It's a supply constrained vehicle, but the below statement is completely false. They are currently delivering about 1/3 of production to Korea.
    Hyundai had paused production of the Ioniq to get the Niro out the door

• Advertisement

Meant to say Kona, as opposed to Niro, apologies.

If there's no shortage in production of Ioniqs then you would expect to be able to buy one given the car was released in 2016. Instead dealers can't get cars to sell so I'd say there are currently supply issues that will hopefully ease with the Kona now available.

https://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/234-hyundai-ioniq-electric-ev/27961-2018-ioniq-ev-production-halted.html

We've had numerous reports of production stoppages on the Ioniq over the last 18 months.
    Apart from April and May, where production was 1200, and 1400, they've continually hit targets.

Dealers across the world reporting stoppages in production is FUD, fortunately we don't have to rely on dealer rumours as Hyundai publish monthly figures.
    It's a supply constrained vehicle, but the below statement is completely false. They are currently delivering about 1/3 of production to Korea.
    There's no rumours.
    You can say about production figures ad nauseum until the cows come home.
    The fact remains, whether they are producing 1 car, 1800 cars, or 18 million cars, they are not accepting orders. I know this because I contacted 3 dealers - 2 in Dublin and Fitzpatricks in Kildare - who told me that they were not taking new orders and they could probably get me a white one and/or an ex demo (which I bought in the end, a black ex demo). I've read it on here countless times too.

I don't see what your MO is here. I understand that the memo thing was for NA only, but notwithstanding that, the fact remains I cannot walk into a Hyundai dealer and buy (or order, or test drive even) an Ioniq BEV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

They're still offering scrappage deals on the Ioniq???

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I was told that if they had a car to sell, which they don't, I could have 4k scrappage. But was also told they are hoping to get some demos of both Ioniq and Kona in Sept/Oct - and no guarantee of scrappage then

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I was under the understanding that they didnt, but someone posted here that their mother got one in white with scrappage in 2018.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement