Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

What would u think a 2018 should be got for so? 23k?

I think you would be doing well for 23k. Looking online most seem to be around 25/26 from dealers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

What would u think a 2018 should be got for so? 23k?

I think you'd be doing well to get a 2018 for 23k. I'd say you're looking at 25 minimum as they can't be got. And theres a premium on non white ones too.

For context: I know of a 2017 coming up for sale shortly and the chap is hoping to get more than 23 for it. There's not enough supply so the prices aren't coming down. This is true for all EVs but especially for the Ioniq.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hard to say as there are very few coming up for sale. But the best you can do for a 2017 from the UK is GBP20k (that's optimistic), which means just over €23k landed (if you can sort a very cheap flight and ferry)

I guess 23k for a private sale for a 2017 in Ireland would be the best you could possibly hope for when buying. A brand new one at 26k is of course better value, but you are most likely getting a solid white one. Not something a lot of people would want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Just to note that Kearys in Cork have a 2017 (171) up for 24 k on Carzone. That's 24 k as in 50 euro short of 24 k

Just putting it out there as a benchmark for a car thats on the market this week been sold at a main dealer.

Hard to justify going UK or private sale at 23 k in that situation.

Edit - while the car is listed as white - whats in the pics looks more silver then white

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Old diesel wrote: »
    Just to note that Kearys in Cork have a 2017 (171) up for 24 k on Carzone. That's 24 k as in 50 euro short of 24 k

Just putting it out there as a benchmark for a car thats on the market this week been sold at a main dealer.

Edit - while the car is listed as white - whats in the pics looks more silver then white
    Nah it's white:
    https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/hyundai/ioniq/used-2017-171-hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-au-cork-fpa-201901314479263

Are there different battery options in current Ioniqs, or are they all 28KW? Wondering is there much of a difference between a 2018 model vs a 2017 model.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nah it's white:
    https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/hyundai/ioniq/used-2017-171-hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-au-cork-fpa-201901314479263

Are there different battery options in current Ioniqs, or are they all 28KW? Wondering is there much of a difference between a 2018 model vs a 2017 model.

No different batteries yet, there's supposed to be a 38Kwh version coming later this year/early next year though, according to rumours.

A white car, and the dislike for white is such that they have to stage the photos to make the fact it's white less obvious.

If you want the cheapest possible Ioniq from a dealer that's likely to be the one to go for. But. It's white!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

In fairness the white one looks pretty good if you get the grill wrapped in black.

It's a subjective thing at the end of the day, and if you're planning to keep it long term then of course it's irrelevant what I or others think. However white is generally the least desirable color for a car at the moment and for the last couple of years. I know, from selling my white leaf! I resolved never to get a white car again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Mickeroo wrote: »
    In fairness the white one looks pretty good if you get the grill wrapped in black.

The grille on the white ones looks more silver than the one on my Silver, which looks more dark grey. With a white wrap on a white car, it reminds me too much of a domestic appliance. :o The black wrap would be a lot better.

I've been a white van driver for the last few years so I'm probably more acclimatised to the look than most :p

It's a good marker. I believe the cheapest Ioniq EV from a Hyundai dealer yet

Not so sure if I agree it is worth a grand over a private sale though. Remember either car comes with 3 full years of bumper to bumper manufactures warrranty left. Not an awful lot of extra value to be had buying from a dealer except maybe a bit of (irrational) peace of mind for a nervous, inexperienced buyer. The dealer might very well drop another grand off the price though if you negotiate hard for a cash deal.

2019 satnav maps available.

Download for the brave... heads-up for the not so brave to get their dealer to install. :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YWxmi4ZU8JTfTCfRO9dgfWyhINWR_mHN/view

Any chance you could paste in a pic of the latest firmware too, Silent Running? If there's an update there I might head for the dealers. Or DIY :D

unkel wrote: »
    Any chance you could paste in a pic of the latest firmware too, Silent Running? If there's an update there I might head for the dealers. Or DIY :D

This is just the maps for 2019. The firmware is a separate download, and I won't be updating that without good reason. I did the last one because of the drive settings being forgotten. If the newest version comes up with some good features, I might be tempted, but I don't think it does. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Hi All,

sorry if this is off topic, but just switching the electricity supplier. Anybody knows who has the lowest night rate and would save me time going through their crappy websites?

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Fermi wrote: »
    Hi All,

sorry if this is off topic, but just switching the electricity supplier. Anybody knows who has the lowest night rate and would save me time going through their crappy websites?

Thanks,

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fermi wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks,

There’s a thread on this literally on page 1 of this forum, there is a search facility...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057951550

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

A colleague of mine is just after pulling the trigger on a used Ioniq from Hyundai Naas.
    She’s totally new on the EV front and I’d like to help her get the car sorted before she picks it up. I probably have missed 20-30 pages on this thread and still catching up. My list so far she needs to ensure she gets:
    1. Latest firmware installed
    2. Sat Nav update
    3. Is the 5 years service plan available to her (it was a demo car as far as I understood)
    4. ... anything else she needs to press the dealer for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

peposhi wrote: »
    1. Latest firmware installed
    4. ... anything else she needs to press the dealer for?

Firmware, assuming 2017 car look for 0917 in the settings. Don't trust dealer.You can check that yourself

Also check for any recalls due with Hyundai ireland. If Irish car give them reg. I emailed them and one recall for my 171 was due. There are 2 common ones, one for charging port another for inverter casing. Both would cause car to be stuck in dealer for a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

zg3409 wrote: »
    Firmware, assuming 2017 car look for 0917 in the settings. Don't trust dealer.You can check that yourself

Also check for any recalls due with Hyundai ireland. If Irish car give them reg. I emailed them and one recall for my 171 was due. There are 2 common ones, one for charging port another for inverter casing. Both would cause car to be stuck in dealer for a day

Thank you

I think she got an 181. She’s getting it from Hyundai Naas dealer. Will check with her and may ring the dealer on her behalf as she’s seriously new in EVs world...

peposhi wrote: »
    Thank you

I think she got an 181. She’s getting it from Hyundai Naas dealer

Other things for ioniq make sure you get both types of charging cables, type 2 with big plug on both ends and granny cable with household plug on one end. Otherwise you are looking another few hundred each.

Ask any ioniq specific questions on this thread.
    Learn all the bells and whistles of the car such as adaptive cruise control and their limitations. Constant beeping means you need to take over braking!

To disconnect charge cable while charging you need to press unlock on cars remote.

General new EV advice, apply for home charger grant before you get car, get quotes for charge point but any work must be dated AFTER grant is approved. Apply for public charging card from esb ecars, download apps esb ecars, zapmap and plugshare and filter for CCS only fast chargers and learn where they are.

Never assume first charger will work or be free, always plan on one or two other fast chargers in range.

Also join Facebook groups

Irish EV owners
    Irish EV owners association
    For charger outages, and info, and to abuse others.

I'd highly recommend the official rubber boot liner. It's €45 or something, only a touch more than aftermarket versions you can buy on eBay. If you haven't finalised the deal, ask the dealer to include it as your very last step in the negotiation process :D

Has anyone changed the stock wipers for flat aero type blades? I know they're dearer, but do they do a better job?

The stock ones are pants. They didn't last as long as my previous car, which had the original blades on them when I changed the car after 2 years. They were still doing a good job of clearing the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

If buying a 2ne hand ioniq privately does ecars card go with the car (i.e. is it linked to registration) or will I have to apply for new one in my name?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If buying a 2ne hand ioniq privately does ecars card go with the car (i.e. is it linked to registration) or will I have to apply for new one in my name?

eCars cars is connected to the person.
    The buyer should have their own card or they can call to start and finish each charge until they get their own.

Most owners will give you theirs if buying from them just to get you home etc and the buyer posts back then.

A very interesting thread on the Ioniq forum. Looks like, as well as the engineering mode, you can get into the Android system and add apps. Worth a look if you're that way inclined. :D

https://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/290-hyundai-ioniq-user-interface/32428-new-hidden-menu-infotainment-system.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

What's the second hand market like for Ioniq Hybrids. I wanted to take a look at the straight hybrid version as it would suit my needs better, but there seems to be limited selection out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

A very interesting thread on the Ioniq forum. Looks like, as well as the engineering mode, you can get into the Android system and add apps. Worth a look if you're that way inclined. :D

https://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/290-hyundai-ioniq-user-interface/32428-new-hidden-menu-infotainment-system.html

So I had a go of this last night. Everything went relatively smoothly. Followed the instructions in the video. I can now play you tube, or videos on a usb stick etc. This evening I am going to try netflix install, or possibly amazon prime.
    NOTE: Video services will only ever be used when parked and charging - this should be self evident, but from a safety and don't be a dick point of view I'm emphasising it.

I tried to install the ecars app but was unsucessful because of the dependency on google services. I also tried to install zap maps but it did not load properly. I'll have another go this evening. Might also try to install slack and torque.

I did have one issue. Once everything was set up, whenever I plugged in my phone via USB for android auto the recently installed FIle Manager app would auto pop up asking did I want to use it by default to open items from this usb connection. I could not easily get rid of it so I just deleted the file manager app (can easily reinstall when needed again).

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

looking at the Hyundai website, I see new scrappage scheme for February, and Ioniq is not included in it, is this because no supply or not needed on account of limited availability and newer model maybe later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Refers to SatNav updates from TomTom, bluetooth updates and stuff around the heating etc.... anyone tried this update?

https://www.speakev.com/threads/new-ioniq-firmware-released-live-charge-status-confirmed.134174/

Cheers KCross, the SatNav update was out for a while, but the firmware is new. Good excuse to book my car into the dealers for a free update :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hi all. So, as part of my scouting around, last Friday I visited my local Hyundai dealer about the Ioniq. He gave me the line about no supply (I know they can seemingly be gotten if you really want one but I'm looking at May/June at the earliest so 192 doesn't bother me). I was asking about current pricing and he said that it's essentially €34k if you don't take a service plan and a couple of other things. Does that sound right to anybody with recent experience? That would put it almost €4k above the base spec Leaf.

So a couple of things:
    If that is the case, what would you guys feel would justify that gap in price? And, if that's not really the price, can anyone recommend a dealer who they've found to be better to deal with on price?

I love the idea of €4k scrappage but that still leaves it at €30k and I'd have to sell my own car privately which would give me less value out of it than on trade-in so just trying to see how best the numbers work.

Thanks.

I thought ioniqs were around 29k new? Hence all the posts here saying "why buy a 1-2 year old one for 24k when a new one is 29k. Am I misinterpreting something?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

A new Ioniq should cost about €30,000 for a private buyer. Hyundai regularly provide a €4,000 scrappage deal.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Hi all. So, as part of my scouting around, last Friday I visited my local Hyundai dealer about the Ioniq. He gave me the line about no supply (I know they can seemingly be gotten if you really want one but I'm looking at May/June at the earliest so 192 doesn't bother me). I was asking about current pricing and he said that it's essentially €34k if you don't take a service plan and a couple of other things. Does that sound right to anybody with recent experience? That would put it almost €4k above the base spec Leaf.

So a couple of things:
    If that is the case, what would you guys feel would justify that gap in price? And, if that's not really the price, can anyone recommend a dealer who they've found to be better to deal with on price?

I love the idea of €4k scrappage but that still leaves it at €30k and I'd have to sell my own car privately which would give me less value out of it than on trade-in so just trying to see how best the numbers work.

Thanks.

Two dealers told me 31k before scrappage, so 27k with. (26,995 to be exact)

liamog wrote: »
    A new Ioniq should cost about €30,000 for a private buyer. Hyundai regularly provide a €4,000 scrappage deal.

Yes some on here got a new on with scrappage for 26k but it is dealer dependant. Ring around every dealer. Some may have it in stock. Dublin dealers definitely have ones you can test drive. You can get one year old for 25k but not too many about, 2 year old for 23 to 25k

The larger battery 38kwh vs 28kwh may be available late 2019 for same price as 28kwh.

Set up an alert on done deal and keep an eye out. If you can get new for 26k that may be best real value long term

Yes some on here got a new on with scrappage for 26k but it is dealer dependant. Ring around every dealer. Some may have it in stock. Dublin dealers definitely have ones you can test drive. You can get one year old for 25k but not too many about, 2 year old for 23 to 25k

The larger battery 38kwh vs 28kwh may be available late 2019 for same price as 28kwh.

Set up an alert on done deal and keep an eye out. If you can get new for 26k that may be best real value long term

A friend of mine is selling his 2017 phantom black Ioniq, he's not on boards (anymore) but he posted it on facebook in the EV owners group last night. That was exactly the price he's looking for too.

Why is it so confusing!?

Gonna try call into kearys some day this week and see about getting an idea of a price, and a test drive for at least 24 hours.

Any source suggesting that? I'd be surprised if the 38Kwh was the same price as the 28Kwh. Who would buy the 28kwh one then! (unless scrappage isn't included on the 38kwh one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Two dealers told me 31k before scrappage, so 27k with. (26,995 to be exact)

Thanks for that. Do you mind me asking which two dealers that was? And was that the on the road price?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Do you mind me asking which two dealers that was? And was that the on the road price?

Galway and Castlebar. That's on the road price yeah with the scrappage.

Why is it so confusing!?

Gonna try call into kearys some day this week and see about getting an idea of a price, and a test drive for at least 24 hours.

Any source suggesting that? I'd be surprised if the 38Kwh was the same price as the 28Kwh. Who would buy the 28kwh one then! (unless scrappage isn't included on the 38kwh one).

It's a rumor and a false one IMO
    Much more likely to be priced slightly above or below the Kona 39kWh, so low 30s here.
    Ioniq 28kWh can be bought new for ~28k

ELM327 wrote: »

Is that just with the grants applied? Ignoring any potential scrappage that may or may not be available

Is that just with the grants applied? Ignoring any potential scrappage that may or may not be available
    That's what you pay after the VRT and SEAI grant.
    Scrappage is inconsistent and seems to depend on you spending hours ringing every dealership to find one that does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's a rumor and a false one IMO
    Much more likely to be priced slightly above or below the Kona 39kWh, so low 30s here.

I could definitely see the 28kWh Ioniq going away and then only being able to buy the longer range version but as you said its likely to be priced higher.

28kWh Ioniq was priced right alongside the Leaf 30kWh so it seems logical they would price a 38kWh Ioniq much the same as the Leaf 40kWh at the equivalent spec.

• Advertisement

Why is it so confusing!?

Not confusing at all. As was always the case with buying any car, you negotiate a deal with the dealer - unless you are one of those fool who just pays the listed price of course :p

If you want the best deal, you will have to contact ALL the dealers and start negotiations ending up playing the best deals off against each other for the final squeeze. Good luck :cool:

unkel wrote: »
    Not confusing at all. As was always the case with buying any car, you negotiate a deal with the dealer - unless you are one of those fool who just pays the listed price of course :p

If you want the best deal, you will have to contact ALL the dealers and start negotiations ending up playing the best deals off against each other for the final squeeze. Good luck :cool:

I've never bought a new car, so it's all new to me.

Question on charging cables. What's the standard length of the Ioniqs charging cable? 5 meters?

Do you decide on the cable length when ordering your charger or the car, or both?
    What cost does it add on if you want a longer cable?
    Tethered vs untethered?

Our driveway has limited accessibility, and opens up onto a mail road. As such we always reverse in. The Ioniq charging port being at the back of the car helps reduce the need for a longer cable, but on the off chance that A) I look at the Kona or Niro, or B) Upgrade in a few years, i'd need a longer cable... Up to 10 Meters perhaps.

Question on charging cables. What's the standard length of the Ioniqs charging cable? 5 meters?

Do you decide on the cable length when ordering your charger or the car, or both?
    What cost does it add on if you want a longer cable?
    Tethered vs untethered?

Our driveway has limited accessibility, and opens up onto a mail road. As such we always reverse in. The Ioniq charging port being at the back of the car helps reduce the need for a longer cable, but on the off chance that A) I look at the Kona or Niro, or B) Upgrade in a few years, i'd need a longer cable... Up to 10 Meters perhaps.

I'm in a similar situation to yourself, 5 and 8 metre seem to be the options for tethered cables on chargers far as I can see. I think you can buy extension leads. Not sure what length the cable with the car is but I don't think you can specify that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

What's the standard length of the Ioniqs charging cable? 5 meters?

New Ioniq, 7m cable supplied.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement