Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their Ioniq serviced recently? Just wondering how much people paid for their 1st service?

I’ve been quoted €90, which I thought seemed steep enough. I rang a few dealers & was given the same figure by them all :rolleyes:

What do they actually do for that price? I presume a firmware & maps update would be included. Anything else I should request?

Is this the 15k service? They did nothing for me, only visual inspections, updated the firmware, but I have not paid anything.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought there was a 5 year free "health check" with all new hyundai cars so i would have expected it to be free.

Hi All,

I am wondering who is the person with the highest mileage on the Ioniq in Ireland? I am doing quite a lot myself and have the car for 2 years - done 81k kilometers. Anybody higher than that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought there was a 5 year free "health check" with all new hyundai cars so i would have expected it to be free.

My car was a UK import, so I don’t qualify for that deal.

@Fermi Yes, 15K service

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fermi wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am wondering who is the person with the highest mileage on the Ioniq in Ireland? I am doing quite a lot myself and have the car for 2 years - done 81k kilometers. Anybody higher than that?

Going by this thread I'd bet my left nut it's either irishgrover or Silent Running (he's traded up down for a filthy Kia e-Niro now though apparently :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Going by this thread I'd bet my left nut it's either irishgrover or Silent Running (he's traded up down for a filthy Kia e-Niro now though apparently :pac:)

Nah, it wouldn't be me. I do a lot of very long runs, but the car could sit for a week or more without turning a wheel. My Money's on Irishgrover in his snazzy blue SE. :D

@Fermi Yes, 15K service

I suspect they would do it for free if you bought the car from them. ;)
    But I guess you have no other option then pay what they want. Although they do very little work that would deserve that 90 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Nah, it wouldn't be me. I do a lot of very long runs, but the car could sit for a week or more without turning a wheel. My Money's on Irishgrover in his snazzy blue SE. :D

not me... I'm only in the 60's :eek:. I've done a lot less driving in the last 3 or so months.... primarily because I'll been out of the country a lot. I've not been in an airplane in 6 days now, wich is the logest I've stayed on the ground since early April.

On a semi related note - has anyone yet heard of any ioniq on the planet where the SOH has gone below 100?

@Fermi Yes, 15K service

my 1st service was €40
    my second service was €70 (filter changes)
    my 3rd service is over due, have not booked yet

All from Hyundai Limerick
    FYI - my car also an import

• Advertisement

btw, just to be clear, not sure what the T&Cs were with regards to the bet. But I have no interest in receiving your left nut. Suggest you offer it to Fermi, or just keep it. You should be more careful with your bets / testicles. :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

zg3409 wrote: »
    That is the adaptive cruise sensor. If you could just get the logo, you might be able to diy, but a complete assembly would be serious money and I assume you would never get one second hand cheap. I would suggest getting some windscreen repair place or similar which might make damage invisible and cover damage with sellotape to prevent water damage in the short term. The sensor may give faults if covered, as my ioniq warned me when the logo was covered in freezing ice during winter blizzard. If you try repair it you may end up with a disabled adaptive cruise control throwing up errors.

The adaptive cruise control is in the emblem? Really?

Edit: seems so https://youtu.be/FGes5hT3ei4
    Must try out cruise control, though last I used it it was fine. It just looks like the plexiglass or whatever it is cracked. If that's all part of the emblem I might be ok to just replace that.

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is this common or just coincidence?

https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=26693&sid=2ac7e2b803dc7add09e7652c5c2d6540

From this post it looks like the logo just sits in front of the lidar sensor:
    https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23393#p564696
    Replacing the logo itself shouldn't affect it

btw, just to be clear, not sure what the T&Cs were with regards to the bet. But I have no interest in receiving your left nut. Suggest you offer it to Fermi, or just keep it. You should be more careful with your bets / testicles. :D

Not sure if it needs to be said or not, but just to clarify, I have no interest in anybody's nuts! :rolleyes:

So this is how the new screen looks like. Seems to be a little different than original. Which of the features could be affected by the new windscreen and I should test them? The lane assist works, I could not test the automatic wipers or lights. Is there anything else? Emergency braking?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

unkel wrote: »
    Macker was your car manufactured before March 2017? The very early cars had a brake issue that was fixed with a recall. But from memory you bought later than that I think?

A mostly motorway commute having a range of 170km in winter and 195km in summer sounds about right to me. Remember the 7-8 degree temps early morning temps we had at the start of the month? That was winter :D

Registered in 2018 but it was delivered to the garage in Aug 2017, not sure of the build date, the reason I was curious was that the range jumped straight after it was repaired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

Macker wrote: »
    range jumped straight after it was repaired

My car showed 240km range right after software update. It has not shown anything remotely close to that since. Range depends on driving style/speed and battery temperature. The guess meter seems to show 240km range after update and then shows best guess based on real world after that. They say the ioniq range is pessimistic compared to the leaf, but if you rarely drive motorway and then suddenly drive motorway you will get less range than estimate shown.

zg3409 wrote: »
    My car showed 240km range right after software update. It has not shown anything remotely close to that since. Range depends on driving style/speed and battery temperature. The guess meter seems to show 240km range after update and then shows best guess based on real world after that. They say the ioniq range is pessimistic compared to the leaf, but if you rarely drive motorway and then suddenly drive motorway you will get less range than estimate shown.

That sounds like the GOM gets reset when they update the software.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Looks like no scrappage this time on Ioniq, Kona Electric or I30N.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I was actually very surprised that some people did get scrappage on Ioniq this year. While it must have been crystal clear to Hyundai Ireland (who finance the scrappage) that demand >>> supply so they would have got every cent of the asking price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I was actually very surprised that some people did get scrappage on Ioniq this year. While it must have been crystal clear to Hyundai Ireland (who finance the scrappage) that demand >>> supply so they would have got every cent of the asking price
    And then some.
    Which is what the US dealers did.

• Advertisement

And then some is right. In the USA they went for every cent of the RRP and then $3,000 on top :eek:

Still all sold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

demand >>> supply

Kona in stock, no supply issues based on paddy spec demand, I think ioniq is in stock too.

Yeah, there's been Konas sitting on the forecourt of my local since January. Ioniqs were fairly thin on the ground when I was buying though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Plenty of Ioniqs in my local dealer (Fairview motors) , hopefully picking my 191 plate Premium SE up in the next few days :D

No shortage in Konas, people are holding off for t he eniro with better spec.

ELM327 wrote: »
    No shortage in Konas, people are holding off for t he eniro with better spec.

Surely they'll have to up spec the Kona now to keep any hope alive of selling the car. It's now beaten hands down on spec and size at the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Surely they'll have to up spec the Kona now to keep any hope alive of selling the car. It's now beaten hands down on spec and size at the same price.

Looking at interior pics it's a huge difference, eNiro looks decent inside, like a good spec Mazda 6/Mondeo etc class car from what I have seen

Kona64 I drove had Dacia level interior, was horrible even for a €25,000 car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Yet Kona is been listed on carzone for 40 k

There were rumors of a new spec for 192 matching the eniro (so including adaptive cruise ), haven't seen anything yet

There were rumors of a new spec for 192 matching the eniro (so including adaptive cruise ), haven't seen anything yet

Yeah I heard that Hyundai were bringing all their cars up to UK spec. Maybe the temptation of the higher margins on Paddy spec appealed to their greedy side again. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

1. Fiery mutant - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WH
    2. liamog - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    3. zale - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171WH
    4. unkel - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    5. Mope - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171D
    6. thelikelylad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171C
    7. woppers - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171WX
    8. don't be at yourself - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    9. Ballylad - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171CW
    10. Coconut Joe - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    11. Macker - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181D
    12. Fermi - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172MO
    13. Johnnyjohnjohns - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 172D
    14. this.lad - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172
    15. CarefulNow! - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172D
    16. Moreilly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172KE
    17. Neleven - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172 WW
    18. DglFlyer -Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171 CE
    19. jeremy_g - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 171WW
    20. miamee - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 172D
    21. Cocolola - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 172G
    22. RonanFarrell - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172G
    23. rgunning - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171D
    24. Doc el brown - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 172WW
    25. Fitz213 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    26. lafors - Ioniq BEV - - 181D
    27. squishey - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181D
    28. Ewan Hoosarmi - Ioniq BEV - Platinum Silver - 181?
    29. peaceboi - Ioniq BEV - Blazing Yellow - 171D
    30. ELM427 - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 171MH :-)
    31. irishgrover - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue - 181 G
    32. fricatus - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181
    33. zg3409 - Ioniq BEV - Marina Blue 171 G (Dublin area)
    34. BigAl81 - Ioniq BEV - White - 191-D
    37. Mighty Munster - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black 191MH
    38. OffalyMedic- Ioniq BEV- Phantom Black- 181L (Laois)
    39. Casher - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 191WW
    40. iggy - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 191D
    41. Deegs - ioniq - polar white with groovy black roof wrap 191c
    42. shanemkelly - Ioniq BEV - Phantom Black - 171D
    43. PATMAC - Ioniq BEV - Aurora Silver - 191RN
    44. Fishy1 - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 181W
    45. jjcahill78 - ioniq BEV - Fiery red - 191 CW
    46. relgoog - Ioniq BEV - Iron Grey - 182D
    47. Black_Knight - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 171CE
    48. beanian - Ioniq BEV - Polar White - 191D

Took delivery today :). Absolutely love it. Had some fun on the M1 with LKAS & smart cruise control :D

Thanks to all the contributors on this thread, really gave me the motivation & confidence to go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

No 192s yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭this.lad

No 192s yet

Monday I expect :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

jusmeig wrote: »
    Well done. When I took a test drive at that garage they old fart who took us on a spin said we would be better off buying a V8 (I don't know what that is). He said children had to mine lithium until their eyes and hands burned, and the cars were sailed around the world on a "diesel boat".
    Lovely chap, needless to say I did not buy from them.
    Some other lad emailed me back and apologized when I left the above feedback after the test drive.

I initially took a test drive in a Kona, the rep struggled to start the car, we drove around the by-pass in Tullamore. I said ‘this is the future’ he said ‘I fcuking hate these things, I have one left if you want it’ he rang me the next to say it had metallic paint and would be €1250 extra take it or leave it, I said no thanks.
    Also in the same area I test drove a Nissan Leaf last October and would have bought despite rapidgate but the salesman said ‘you’ll probably wait til January, instead of ‘let’s do a deal’, so I did and bought an Ioniq of Nallys in Ballymahon with scrappage for around €6k less than the Leaf and absolutely delighted with it.

Some info that might be useful to some of the owners. I measured the 3 different level of granny cable charging today:

low: 0.86kW (4A)
    medium: 1.42kW (6A)
    high: 2.00kW (8A)

Thinking of building a very small lithium battery of about 0.4kWh capacity. Using a 1kW inverter, I could charge the car at the lowest amperage for about 20 minutes to give me about 3km range

0133793-1.jpg

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Some info that might be useful to some of the owners. I measured the 3 different level of granny cable charging today:

low: 0.86kW (4A)
    medium: 1.42kW (6A)
    high: 2.00kW (8A)

Thinking of building a very small lithium battery of about 0.4kWh capacity. Using a 1kW inverter, I could charge the car at the lowest amperage for about 20 minutes to give me about 3km range

I didnt think the charging protocol allowed anything below 6A.

How did you calculate it?

The high also seems a bit low. A granny cable should be utilising at least 10A.

I didn't calculate it, I measured it :p

484615.jpg

This is very good news as on a summers day even when it is overcast, I'd still produce a bit over 1kW, or enough for the car to trickle charge and the base load of my house to run

Hoping to install my 19kWh home attached battery soon too, probably end of this month, or sometime next month. That gives me new opportunities :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Seems a bit fishy to me. Are you sure that is accurate? If it’s pulling 860W the battery is getting even less after losses.

Maybe the Ioniq granny is different to others but I thought they were all 10A+ at max. Some are even 12A. For the Ioniq to be only 8A seems odd. That would mean it takes 17hrs to charge the Ioniq on granny. Is that what it actually takes?

Does that device measure the voltage or do you set it in its menu? That would affect the Watt reading.

Edit: I see a pic of the back of an ioniq granny cable shows 10A and the forums say 10A as well. Does your granny charger show a rating of 10A on the back of it?

The car determines the charge rate, not the cable. Cable can do 10A max

In Ioniq in the menu, you have 3 levels of charging for both granny cable and for EVSE charging. Above rates are what the car tells the granny cable to use. Device is just a standard power meter. Voltage is whatever the grid voltage is at. Have measured it too several times and it is all kosher. Car tells me it will take 29 hours to complete the charge at the lowest level :p

Very handy it can charge so slowly. It means in the summer months I can just plug the car in after some early morning runs and leave it plugged in for many hours every day, and it will charge pretty much 100% on solar. A quick calc shows that if I leave the car on for 5 hours every day, I don't have to plug it in overnight anymore (expect this to work for about 5 months of the year). Then again, once I have the powerwall, I can just use the EVSE at its lowest settings, for just one or two hours a day around lunchtime to accomplish the same

Aim of the powerwall is to have almost zero electricity use at the 18c/kWh level (in winter I can load it up with 8c/kWh night rate electricity)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

In Ioniq in the menu, you have 3 levels of charging for both granny cable and for EVSE charging. Above rates are what the car tells the granny cable to use. Device is just a standard power meter. Voltage is whatever the grid voltage is at. Have measured it too several times and it is all kosher. Car tells me it will take 29 hours to complete the charge at the lowest level :p

Very handy it can charge so slowly. It means in the summer months I can just plug the car in after some early morning runs and leave it plugged in for many hours every day, and it will charge pretty much 100% on solar. A quick calc shows that if I leave the car on for 5 hours every day, I don't have to plug it in overnight anymore (expect this to work for about 5 months of the year). Then again, once I have the powerwall, I can just use the EVSE at its lowest settings, for just one or two hours a day around lunchtime to accomplish the same

Aim of the powerwall is to have almost zero electricity use at the 18c/kWh level (in winter I can load it up with 8c/kWh night rate electricity)

This is great, im in the same situation and I've only a 1.8kw array, so the Zappi won't kick in unless I'm exporting(wasting) a certain %

The lower charge rate will help. I hope it's a setting that gets remembered and not something to set each time!?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Any news on when the 38Kwh Ioniq is being released? Has to be before the end of the year right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Great work. I am also in the process of DIY powerwall. Any pictures or specs of your parts? Battery types 18650? Inverter? Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

It works a charm! Car pulling 800 watts when on minimum, Zappi starts charging much earlier now and wastes less power.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Great work. I am also in the process of DIY powerwall. Any pictures or specs of your parts? Battery types 18650? Inverter? Etc

Sofar ME3000SP inverter

Linky

Spec sheet

And good old lead acid batteries. 16 of them @94Ah for a 19kWh pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭baldshin

Could anyone give any thoughts on this?- https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906299536087

Low mileage, looks mint and would come in around €23000.

Been in the market for an Ioniq since the start of the year. Spotted one in Galway 2 months ago and the dealer basically ignored me, went to view another in Limerick but for a 171 it looked in pretty poor nick!

• Advertisement

Hate the color but that's just me!
    They are starting to pop up here for 21-23k EUR, meaning the savings from the UK aren't there anymore especially for those who value their time.

They are starting to pop up here for 21-23k EUR, meaning the savings from the UK aren't there anymore especially for those who value their time.

I actually quite like the colour! Been looking since January and have yet to come across one here in decent shape at that price??

I also have family near that dealership so if I was to go for it I could double up with a visit there.

€24k from a dealer
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-auto-black-leather-full-elec/22089087

€23500 from a dealer
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-auto/21844021

It means you might pay about €1k more but you'd have the option of finance and buying in Ireland as opposed to the hassle and timesoak of going to the UK.

Another point worth noting, if you buy a UK Ioniq (or Kona) you will not be able to fully change the car to kms from miles

€24k from a dealer
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-auto-black-leather-full-elec/22089087

€23500 from a dealer
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-auto/21844021

It means you might pay about €1k more but you'd have the option of finance and buying in Ireland as opposed to the hassle and timesoak of going to the UK.

Another point worth noting, if you buy a UK Ioniq (or Kona) you will not be able to fully change the car to kms from miles

I viewed that second one actually and it's not as clean looking as the images suggest, few scratches and scrapes around the paintwork which I wasn't a fan of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

38kWh is supposed to be €33,000 and they are phasing out 28kWh

Those prices should hold very well

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement