Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

unkel wrote: »
    To be fair the few times over the years that I have checked my average speed on my board computers in several cars that I have had, my average was always well below 50km/h.
    Yeah, my average is usually around 50km/h yet I spend plenty of time blasting along at 120 - 140km/h. It's the city traffic drops it big time.
    I'm no eco driver and I don't intend to become one. Full throttle from every traffic light, that is my intention with the Ioniq! And no slowing down on motorways either, bar maybe very occasionally when I need to reach a destination without wanting to charge or without being able to charge
    Pretty much the same here. TBH I cringe when I see EV drivers talking about driving at 80km/h on motorways - aside from the fact it's inherently dangerous, are they not embarrassed to be crawling along, giving EVs bad press?!

Villain wrote: »
    The ECO mode on the Leaf suppresses that and keeps power back unless you flatten the pedal but also makes it a boring drive :D.

Eco mode is awful - but how many people realise the Leaf actually has a (physical) 'kickdown button' under the accelerator to give that full power even in Eco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

TBH I cringe when I see EV drivers talking about driving at 80km/h on motorways - aside from the fact it's inherently dangerous, are they not embarrassed to be crawling along, giving EVs bad press?!
    If you're embarrassed, that's an issue for you ;-) If it's necessary to crawl along, it's necessary. Everybody knows that EV's are in development and that there are range issues (that clearly are progressing with newer models). As regards bad press, I don't agree - people should know the limitations. I'll put up with the 'embarrassment' with the €160/month that finds its way back into my pocket every month (and that's just on fuel - never mind savings on servicing costs).

Eco mode is awful - but how many people realise the Leaf actually has a (physical) 'kickdown button' under the accelerator to give that full power even in Eco?
    Not aware of any kick down button? I just press eco to overtake and then press eco again to go back to eco mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,751 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not aware of any kick down button? I just press eco to overtake and then press eco again to go back to eco mode.

Overtaking should be as quick as possible for safety reasons. You have to minimise reaction time and maximise acceleration. The time spent on finding and clicking on the eco button, is not minimising reaction time. Using the kick down button makes more sense to me as it does both of the above with just one quick stamp of your foot.

Overtaking should be as quick as possible for safety reasons. You have to minimise reaction time and maximise acceleration. The time spent on finding and clicking on the eco button, is not minimising reaction time. Using the kick down button makes more sense to me as it does both of the above with just one quick stamp of your foot.
    Foot down or eco button - don't really see much trouble with either - prefer the latter - but experiences differ.

It's quicker to stamp on the fast pedal then to press a button first and then stamp on the fast pedal. So the former is safer for overtaking. Really is that simple.

Ovbiously if you have loads of space / time for overtaking, this won't make any difference. I do like making progress and I do overtake where I safely can. I always do it as fast / quickly as I can, even if that means driving faster than the speed limit.

I also plan to not use ECO at all, normal or sport only. I don't plan to drive under 120km/h on quiet motorways. Unless I know I'm going to be really pushed for range (which I hope is going to be a rare occasion)

But I understand a Leaf is far more vulnerable to range drop when at higher speeds, so I do understand driving slower than 120km/h can be a necessity for many owners.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I also plan to not use ECO at all, normal or sport only. I don't plan to drive under 120km/h on quiet motorways. Unless I know I'm going to be really pushed for range (which I hope is going to be a rare occasion)

But I understand a Leaf is far more vulnerable to range drop when at higher speeds, so I do understand driving slower than 120km/h can be a necessity for many owners.

I have to say, I'm absolutely dying to hear a report of you taking a long motorway trip to somewhere like Cork, Galway, etc.

I think you are the type of person who would be most similar to how most people drive.

If you do, can you give us the door to door time. I think that gives a much more real world view then people saying they spent 45 minutes charging, etc. (which of course is interesting too, but not the most important info IMO).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

I'm not sure tbh, highdef. They have two packages in the UK and leather is standard on the highest package (and electric seats and heated seats in the back). Maybe someone else can tell you if it's an option here and how much it is.

It is an option.... around €1600 I think. I have a full sheet somewhere that I got when I did the Ioniq test drive last year with all the option pricing. Should have scanned it and posted it long ago.
    I'm no eco driver and I don't intend to become one. Full throttle from every traffic light, that is my intention with the Ioniq!

The only way to do it :)

That's one of the great things about EVs. You can drive like you stole it with no discernible impact on running costs or maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

unkel wrote:
    It's actually a €4000 scrappage offer. In my case, my car is only worth a tiny fraction of that. In your case, I'm not sure how it works out. As with buying any new car, don't expect top dollar for it though. Ring the dealer and tell us here what they are saying. Could possibly be worth your while selling your Golf privately and buying a banger to use in the scrappage scheme. But check the terms & conditions. I was told different things by different dealers. Some of them didn't care about my "scrappage" car, others wanted to see it and / or wanted to know details of it and whether it was taxed / NCTd and what not.

unkel wrote:
    It's actually a €4000 scrappage offer.

Hyundai website currently advertising it as "€5000 scrappage bonus". Alternatively 5 years free servicing. Or Insurance paid for a year.

Anyhow, will drop in to them next week for test drive and discuss figures then.

Just looked at the eCars charging map and concerned that there's not many CCS chargers around! The 2 in Cashel are handy alright, but frequently occupied when I pass by there.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

Hyundai website currently advertising it as "€5000 scrappage bonus"..

It's €4,000 for the Ioniq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

cros13 wrote: »
    That's one of the great things about EVs. You can drive like you stole it with no discernible impact on running costs or maintenance.

Anything I have read is that high loads will decrease battery lifespan, so "redlining" the battery regularly is probably not a good idea. Eco on the Leaf limits max load, so it should help battery longevity. No reason to think any other EV is any different.

n97 mini wrote: »
    Anything I have read is that high loads will decrease battery lifespan, so "redlining" the battery regularly is probably not a good idea. Eco on the Leaf limits max load, so it should help battery longevity. No reason to think any other EV is any different.

Mainly the problem would be with high sustained loads. No commercial EV lets you continuous discharge at a rate that would allow significant cell damage.
    All of them have a good bit of headroom between the peak motor power and the peak output of the pack.

In the case of the i3 that peak output is about 155kW on the 22kWh pack and larger on the 33kWh, a good margin on the 125kW peak motor output (which it only hits for a fraction of a second in perfect conditions).
    Sustained load ratings are much lower, just over 40kW on the 22kWh and 63kW on the 33kWh.

My i3's and Leafs have all been full throttled off every light for over 200,000km of combined hard driving and lots of repeated rapid charging. Bar the extra tire wear, no discernible impact.

I'm not a big believer in babying the pack. You should be charging to 100% at least once a week and regularly giving the cells a bit of a workout with some spirited driving.

Mainly the problem would be with high sustained loads. No commercial EV lets you continuous discharge at a rate that would allow significant cell damage.
    The Leaf battery report specifically mentions high consumption as a contributor to battery wear.
    regularly giving the cells a bit of a workout with some spirited driving.

Ha, you make it sound like a turbo diesel!

Anything I have read is that high loads will decrease battery lifespan, so "redlining" the battery regularly is probably not a good idea.

8 years warranty on the battery. Not my problem if it fails within that time.

I plan to "redline" the bejaysus out of it. And doing it will only cost me a few cents. That's the perk of having an EV :D

I plan to "redline" the bejaysus out of it. And doing it will only cost me a few cents. That's the perk of having an EV :D

Well I suppose why not, since you're buying brand new and will be taking a massive future hit on depreciation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Unless you have to use an FCP and ecars get away with genie plans in which case it will cost more than a Diesel ;)

will be taking a massive future hit on depreciation.

Nah. I'm planning to hold on to the car for 6 / 7 years, maybe more. Even if the car is worth nothing after 7 years (which it won't), my total cost of ownership will still be lower than on any other family size ICE car.

Can't lose here dude. All the subsidies are paid up front. I'm not exposed to the risk of higher fuel prices, car is covered by a full warranty for the first 5 years (not that there is anything much that can go wrong - the car probably never even needs brake pads / discs). I doubt the tax on EVs will go up and the depreciation hit on my EV is irrelevant to me as I demonstrated.

Just ordered a night rate meter, so from now on the dishwasher / dryer / washing machine etc. will all be switched on at 23:00 for further savings

• Registered Users Posts: 8 keithob13

Hi there. As a staff employee of the Hyundai network i would like to just say although the Hyundai Ioniq doesn't come with leather fitted as standard there is the option of getting leather fitted locally at a very reasonable price and great quality. So before you rule out the Ioniq based on leather not been fitted please bear please just that in mind before you make a choice.

I'm soliciting for business just putting that option out there.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

keithob13 wrote: »
    Hi there. As a staff employee of the Hyundai network i would like to just say although the Hyundai Ioniq doesn't come with leather fitted as standard there is the option of getting leather fitted locally at a very reasonable price and great quality. So before you rule out the Ioniq based on leather not been fitted please bear please just that in mind before you make a choice.

I'm soliciting for business just putting that option out there.

Thank you.

Any sign of Hyundai dealer networks installing their own CCS chargers like Nissan?

• Advertisement

keithob13 wrote: »
    Hi there. As a staff employee of the Hyundai network

Hi Keith, make sure you transfer my commission into my bank account before next Wednesday as agreed, will you? :p

So what options are missing on the Irish Ioniq , apart from leather ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Your best bet is to go to Hyundai UK and compare the specs, we only get the Premium model not the Premium SE.

The only major features missing are the front parking sensor, blind spot detection, rear cross traffic alert, and the electronic adjusted driver memory seat.

The rest just seems to be fit and finish like alloy pedal, interior chrome handles and ventilated front seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,179 ✭✭✭✭josip

Just ordered a night rate meter, so from now on the dishwasher / dryer / washing machine etc. will all be switched on at 23:00 for further savings

Can a domestic supply handle a simultaneous EV charge, dishwasher, dryer, washing machine?
    Would an electric shower and kettle boil be too much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭Soarer

Nah. I'm planning to hold on to the car for 6 / 7 years, maybe more. Even if the car is worth nothing after 7 years (which it won't), my total cost of ownership will still be lower than on any other family size ICE car.

Can't lose here dude. All the subsidies are paid up front. I'm not exposed to the risk of higher fuel prices, car is covered by a full warranty for the first 5 years (not that there is anything much that can go wrong - the car probably never even needs brake pads / discs). I doubt the tax on EVs will go up and the depreciation hit on my EV is irrelevant to me as I demonstrated.

You've changed dude! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭Soarer

liamog wrote: »
    Your best bet is to go to Hyundai UK and compare the specs, we only get the Premium model not the Premium SE.

The only major features missing are the front parking sensor, blind spot detection, rear cross traffic alert, and the electronic adjusted driver memory seat.

The rest just seems to be fit and finish like alloy pedal, interior chrome handles and ventilated front seats.

Might wait and see the used Ioniq market in the UK for the Premium SE.

• Advertisement

josip wrote: »
    Can a domestic supply handle a simultaneous EV charge, dishwasher, dryer, washing machine?

You can stagger some loads, the EV will most likely be charging all night depending whether you have a 32 amp or 16 amp home charge point and EV to match.

I currently have 16 amp home charge point or roughly 3.5 Kw, Washing machine, max about 2.5 Kw, Dryer, max about 2 Kw. No Problem.

32 amp charge point or 7 Kw and and 2.5 Kw washing machine is probably approaching the limit of most domestic supplies of 9.5 Kw leaves maybe 2 Kw to spare, fine maybe for a dryer just about, but you can set the dryer to come on after or in our case it's a washer dryer one of the best, AEG at the time anyway, so we set to wash only the clothes that can be dried and then the dryer comes on immediately after the wash, pretty handy and you can set the start timer for the wash too to kick in after night rate or to finish not long before you get up so they can be taken out.

Electric shower = fail. A 9 Kw electric shower and even a 16 amp charge point will blow your main ESB fuse for the majority of Irish domestic supplies. If that happens again they will most likely force you to upgrade your single phase supply.

However, in this situation of electric showers, priority devices can be installed so that power to the ev is removed temporarily until the shower is off.

But, what most people do not know is that again, for the majority of Irish homes with central heating, there is no need for an electric shower. I ripped mine out when I realised what a complete and utter waste of energy it was heating water when I had tonnes of it wasting away int he hot water cylinder. So instead I got a pumped shower only and it's brilliant, yes during the Summer months I use the immersion, but use it on night rate so it costs very little.

Hardware stores across Ireland are handing these 8-9 Kw showers out with people not having a clue that they most likely do not need these energy guzzlers. !

If anyone is due a new dryer and thinking about buying a new one the heat pump dryers use a hell of a lot less energy, I believe some as little as 1.5 Kwh V 6.5 for a traditional dryer , don't quote me on that I was just looking a while back and I might not be accurate but I was shocked by the difference. The heat pump in the Leaf was so good that it got me interested in heat pumps. :D

You can stagger some loads, the EV will most likely be charging all night depending whether you have a 32 amp or 16 amp home charge point and EV to match.

I currently have 16 amp home charge point or roughly 3.5 Kw, Washing machine, max about 2.5 Kw, Dryer, max about 2 Kw. No Problem.

32 amp charge point or 7 Kw and and 2.5 Kw washing machine is probably approaching the limit of most domestic supplies of 9.5 Kw leaves maybe 2 Kw to spare, fine maybe for a dryer just about, but you can set the dryer to come on after or in our case it's a washer dryer one of the best, AEG at the time anyway, so we set to wash only the clothes that can be dried and then the dryer comes on immediately after the wash, pretty handy and you can set the start timer for the wash too to kick in after night rate or to finish not long before you get up so they can be taken out.

Electric shower = fail. A 9 Kw electric shower and even a 16 amp charge point will blow your main ESB fuse for the majority of Irish domestic supplies. If that happens again they will most likely force you to upgrade your single phase supply.

However, in this situation of electric showers, priority devices can be installed so that power to the ev is removed temporarily until the shower is off.

But, what most people do not know is that again, for the majority of Irish homes with central heating, there is no need for an electric shower. I ripped mine out when I realised what a complete and utter waste of energy it was heating water when I had tonnes of it wasting away int he hot water cylinder. So instead I got a pumped shower only and it's brilliant, yes during the Summer months I use the immersion, but use it on night rate so it costs very little.

Hardware stores across Ireland are handing these 8-9 Kw showers out with people not having a clue that they most likely do not need these energy guzzlers. !

If anyone is due a new dryer and thinking about buying a new one the heat pump dryers use a hell of a lot less energy, I believe some as little as 1.5 Kwh V 6.5 for a traditional dryer , don't quote me on that I was just looking a while back and I might not be accurate but I was shocked by the difference. The heat pump in the Leaf was so good that it got me interested in heat pumps. :D

I've had my electric shower going and Leaf charging (16 amp) at same time without issue, however at an ECARS meeting users were looking for 32AMP chargers to be installled and they reported instances of fuse boards going up in smoke!

I've had my electric shower going and Leaf charging (16 amp) at same time without issue, however at an ECARS meeting users were looking for 32AMP chargers to be installled and they reported instances of fuse boards going up in smoke!

Hahaha Class ! :D

Well I believe priority devices would eliminate this, but my point still stands, most of the time, not all of course, all people need is a pumped only shower and not one that heats the water because if they have central heating that is a tremendous waste of energy.

I remember being told by the ESB Contractor no chance getting a 32 amp evse, the very same person immediately called the ESB when I said I was thinking of upgrading it would he do the work, the ESB called me within 10 mins to advise me not to do it bla bla. Unreal stuff.

Now this very same contractor on IEVOA FB Group is saying it's no problem getting a 32 amp EVSE imagine that for BS !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101060672

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Standard domestic is rated for 12kW. A 8.5kW shower and 3.3kW Leaf is just hovering on that max. An oven or some other high user could blow it.

I'm sure the ESB have some headroom built into their fuse as well so you probably can exceed 12kW by a little bit.

An electric shower and a 6.6kW car drawing at the same time will blow the fuse for sure.

Priority switch or upgrade the supply to 16kW is the solution in that case.

• Advertisement

Great post there, Mad_Lad. We too had a pump installed for the showers / baths 10 years ago. This 1.5bar pump failed a few months ago and I replaced it myself with a 2bar pump. Even better showers now :D
    I remember being told by the ESB Contractor no chance getting a 32 amp evse, the very same person immediately called the ESB when I said I was thinking of upgrading it would he do the work, the ESB called me within 10 mins to advise me not to do it bla bla. Unreal stuff.

Now this very same contractor on IEVOA FB Group is saying it's no problem getting a 32 amp EVSE imagine that for BS !!

So what are you saying, you reckon it is now possible to pay the contractor a bit extra and he'll do the 32 amp instead of the standard 16 amp free EVSE? That would be very welcome news. Waiting for the SEAI subsidy number so I can order the install.
    Soarer wrote: »
    You've changed dude! ;)

Not really. I've always driven my cars hard, redlining them regularly. Against the advice of countless people on boards telling me I'm doing damage to the engine. I've also always given out about the lack of torque in small (turbocharged) engines. For that very reason I have had mainly 6 and 8 cylinder petrol engined cars for most of my car owning years. And now an EV, which like a big engined petrol N/A engine, has a lot of torque available at idle.

KCross wrote: »
    Standard domestic is rated for 12kW. A 8.5kW shower and 3.3kW Leaf is just hovering on that max. An oven or some other high user could blow it.

I'm sure the ESB have some headroom built into their fuse as well so you probably can exceed 12kW by a little bit.

An electric shower and a 6.6kW car drawing at the same time will blow the fuse for sure.

Priority switch or upgrade the supply to 16kW is the solution in that case.

I've seen my efergy usage monitor hit 14kW on occasion with shower going and car charging along with other bits without issue.

I've seen my efergy usage monitor hit 14kW on occasion with shower going and car charging along with other bits without issue.

It's all behind you now villain. The price of diesel is all you need to worry about! :)

So what are you saying, you reckon it is now possible to pay the contractor a bit extra and he'll do the 32 amp instead of the standard 16 amp free EVSE? That would be very welcome news. Waiting for the SEAI subsidy number so I can order the install.

I offered to pay extra but was told no way I was getting a 32 amp charge point.

Now this same contractor is telling people it's possible ....... really Pi**ed me off to hear it of the Facebook group I can tell you. Especially considering I installed 40 amp cable all through the house !

What's worse is that I didn't know at the time that the EVSE is 32 amp "ready" it's just software limited to 16 amps.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭irbx

I guys want to as silly question. This car used ccs rapid charge, standard post chargers , granny cable. But why can't it use the AC43KW charger as well? all be it only 7kw as the on board charger can handle. am I missing something?

irbx wrote: »
    I guys want to as silly question. This car used ccs rapid charge, standard post chargers , granny cable. But why can't it use the AC43KW charger as well? all be it only 7kw as the on board charger can handle. am I missing something?

It can't use 44 Kw AC because it has a max of 7 Kw AC charger on board.

This is why it uses CCS DC, it bypasses the cars AC charger and feeds direct to the battery.

What's worse is that I didn't know at the time that the EVSE is 32 amp "ready" it's just software limited to 16 amps.

If it's a software thing, is there a way to apply a fix for that?

If it's a software thing, is there a way to apply a fix for that?

Yes, if it is indeed 32 amp ready, if it had a 40 amp breaker in the EVSE then there's a good chance it is 32 amp ready.

This is what mine looks like.

1170651_BB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

We should really start a new dedicated EVSE thread lads. Mad_Lad, you wanna start it off?

We should really start a new dedicated EVSE thread lads. Mad_Lad, you wanna start it off?

There is a thread here already, old but no need start a new one I don't think.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057562213

• Advertisement

It's all behind you now villain. The price of diesel is all you need to worry about! :)

You mean petrol :D

I intend having an EV again in the future so I am still very interested in how the project progresses here.

Sadly the media and most others have no idea what is about to happen with the CER review :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Booked an Ionic extended test drive on 31st... Will give it a good run.

irbx wrote: »

Batteries require DC to charge so the car has an inbuilt AC to DC converter. It's only able to handle 7kw max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

There is a thread here already, old but no need start a new one I don't think.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057562213

I remember pulling the details from that thread when I did mine and found it a bit tough to have all the info in 1 place. So I put it together and threw it up on the FB group:
    https://facebook.com/groups/irishevowners/permalink/1035511643200090/

Also here's the better cleaner thread where we discussed upgrading the EVSE
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057580290

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

From irish EV owners on face book.
    User Fergal Kavanagh
    "Did my 100km each way commute on monday in a brand new 30kwh leaf and on Thurs in a brand new Ioniq. It includes a 70km motorway leg which I did at 125km/h. Even with a 2 degrees drop on Ioniq day, there was 25% more battery in the Ioniq, (12% against 37%).

Bigus wrote: »
    From irish EV owners on face book.
    User Fergal Kavanagh
    "Did my 100km each way commute on monday in a brand new 30kwh leaf and on Thurs in a brand new Ioniq. It includes a 70km motorway leg which I did at 125km/h. Even with a 2 degrees drop on Ioniq day, there was 25% more battery in the Ioniq, (12% against 37%).

A 30kWh leaf cant do 200km on a charge, can it? Particularly since a lot of it is motorway speed.

Any 30kWh leaf owners care to comment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

This is very impressive , especially the pedestrian collision avoidence at the end

Euro NCAP crash tests

If anyone is due a new dryer and thinking about buying a new one the heat pump dryers use a hell of a lot less energy, I believe some as little as 1.5 Kwh V 6.5 for a traditional dryer

Yup... My samsung heat pump dryer uses about 1.5kWh for on the normal cotton setting. The real saving are to be had moving to any A-rated appliance over anything lower rated.

Definitely go 32A for the chargepoint. Maybe switch to power showers as well.
    A 30kWh leaf cant do 200km on a charge, can it? Particularly since a lot of it is motorway speed.

Any 30kWh leaf owners care to comment?

He's charging at work in the middle.

Yup... My samsung heat pump dryer uses about 1.5kWh for on the normal cotton setting. The real saving are to be had moving to any A-rated appliance over anything lower rated.

Definitely go 32A for the chargepoint. Maybe switch to power showers as well.

He's charging at work in the middle.

You got the quote from the wrong person in the top of your post wrong lol. It was me who said that about the dryer. :eek:

• Advertisement

You got the quote from the wrong person in the top of your post wrong lol. It was me who said that about the dryer. :eek:

Sorry... the dangers of editing quotes when you're still groggy from the night before. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement